Redfield Scopes

Redfield Scopes

Postby TwistedX1 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:14 am

I know this is the rifle forum and I'm not sure if this post should be here or in another thread. Anyway, I am acquiring a savage 220 in the near future. The 220 is coming with a redfield scope atop it. I apologize now as I do not have any further info into the scope. I told a friend I was looking, I told him how much and he found a gun at a show today for a fair price and it happened to have a scope and ammo with it. I have not heard much about redfield scopes, what do you guys think about them?
TwistedX1

Re: Redfield Scopes

Postby Duck_the_Dog » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 pm

I put two red field scopes on rifles this year. One on my mini-14 coyote/woodchuck gun that had a TON of rounds through it this year, the other on my Rem. 700 in .30-06. They are made by Leopold, and carry the same warranty. It was between the red field revolution or a Leopold and I went with the red field. So far, I can't complain a bit. Good clear scopes. And a good price.

sent from somewhere out there....
Using Tapatalk
Duck_the_Dog

Postby TwistedX1 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Duck_the_Dog wrote:I put two red field scopes on rifles this year. One on my mini-14 coyote/woodchuck gun that had a TON of rounds through it this year, the other on my Rem. 700 in .30-06. They are made by Leopold, and carry the same warranty. It was between the red field revolution or a Leopold and I went with the red field. So far, I can't complain a bit. Good clear scopes. And a good price.

Thanks!! That's reassuring!! I guess since ur not complaining it must hold zero with the recoil of the 30-06? My biggest fear is the recoil knocking my scope around messing with my zero.
TwistedX1

Postby Duck_the_Dog » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:02 pm

They'll hold zero, just make sure you use good rings and bases. I've put about 200 RDS through my -06 and no problems yet.

Using Tapatalk
Duck_the_Dog

Postby Tomkat » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:29 pm

I like both of mine.

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
Tomkat

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:59 pm

I've got a Redfield on two .30-06s, two 6mm Remington's, and a .25-06 Remington. 4 of them are pre-1995 and the other is the newer ones in a 2-7 power magnification; the rest being 3-9 power. I like all of them fine but the newer ones feel of lesser quality compared to the old ones. The other thing that bothers me is how wide the duplex hairs are on the new Redfields from Leupold. My Redfield Tracker 3-9x40mm was bought used. I need to replace. The hairs move every time the .25-06 Remington is torched off. That's what you get for $50 I suppose. In my eyes, the old ones in great condition with no problems are some of the best hunting scopes ever made.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby one2many » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:47 pm

TwistedX1 wrote:
Duck_the_Dog wrote:I put two red field scopes on rifles this year. One on my mini-14 coyote/woodchuck gun that had a TON of rounds through it this year, the other on my Rem. 700 in .30-06. They are made by Leopold, and carry the same warranty. It was between the red field revolution or a Leopold and I went with the red field. So far, I can't complain a bit. Good clear scopes. And a good price.

Thanks!! That's reassuring!! I guess since ur not complaining it must hold zero with the recoil of the 30-06? My biggest fear is the recoil knocking my scope around messing with my zero.

you need someone to mount the base and ring properly and then mount the scope the right way. you may not need a new scope. and if it was an error in the scope you could have sent it in to get fixed or replaced(had you bought a good scope)
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Return to Rifle Forum