.22 mag rifles?

.22 mag rifles?

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:41 am

I have a couple bolt action .22 mags, one pump and a lever. The lever gun is a Henry Holden Boy. Shoots great but the stock dimensions suck. I have to plant my chin on the stock to see the sights so I'm thinking about trading it in on something new. Maybe a different lever gun but kind of thinking about an auto. Anybody tried the magnum research or remington autos?
clampdaddy

Re: .22 mag rifles?

Postby RonE » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Friend of mine has a 10/22 magnum that is a true tack driver. They are hard to find for anything less than $700 and there is a magazine fix that makes them a 9/22 and very reliable as to function. My friend uses his to kill alligators in the pond behind his house, shoots them in the eye from 40-60 yards from his living room.

If you find a source, please let me know. My friend also just bought a PMR 30 that runs well only with CCI ammunition.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:14 pm

After doing some research, it turns out that most all .22 mag semi autos are tuned to run with 40+ grain bullets. If the pending lead ban ever takes effect here in Ca. I'd be shit out of luck. :evil:
clampdaddy

Postby 3200 Man » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:30 pm

Don't worry , I see it has already come !
With 22 mag ammo at $39.95 a box of 50.......I'd say you're ***** already ? BUT ,
Be ready for the next *******ing to come !
3200 Man

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:53 pm

3200 Man wrote:Don't worry , I see it has already come !
With 22 mag ammo at $39.95 a box of 50.......I'd say you're ***** already ? BUT ,

Nut trees are buying all the 22 ammo¿
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby RonE » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:32 pm

clampdaddy wrote:After doing some research, it turns out that most all .22 mag semi autos are tuned to run with 40+ grain bullets. If the pending lead ban ever takes effect here in Ca. I'd be shit out of luck. :evil:

Stockpile a shit load of .22 Mag from Dicks Sporting Goods and when you run out, sell the gun out of state.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby sws002 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:49 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:

Nut trees are buying all the 22 ammo¿

Almonds Forever™ denies any involvement with the current ammo shortage ! These are.....not the droids you're looking for ?
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby 3200 Man » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:31 pm

You have to be Nuts to pay those prices for rimfire ammo.....along with your choice of decoys ?
Dry Field hunting is what it is , everywhere !
3200 Man

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:27 am

I'd never again do business with a shop that was charging their customers like that. Alquist in Turlock hasn't jacked up his prices. Problem is getting to a shop when they open. I'm stuck at work while all of you retired guys are out snatching up all the ammo.
clampdaddy

Postby 3200 Man » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:30 am

clampdaddy wrote:

I'd never again do business with a shop that was charging their customers like that. Alquist in Turlock hasn't jacked up his prices. Problem is getting to a shop when they open. I'm stuck at work while all of you retired guys are out snatching up all the ammo.

True but , What do I do with all this lead ammo ?
Every morning I'm on the hunt for powder , it keeps avoiding me as guys are walking out the store door ( with it ) as I'm going in !
I have plenty of rifle stuff but only enough Shotgun powder to last the season !
3200 Man

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 am

Get up 10 minutes earlier.
assateague

Postby sws002 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:51 am

3200 Man wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

Every morning I'm on the hunt for powder , it keeps avoiding me as guys are walking out the store door ( with it ) as I'm going in !
I have plenty of rifle stuff but only enough Shotgun powder to last the season !

What shotgun powder do you need?
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:07 am

sws002 wrote:
3200 Man wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

Have STEEL? Have always found it here but this last drive on powder wiped the shelves clean.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby sws002 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:14 am

Flightstopper wrote:
sws002 wrote:
3200 Man wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

Have STEEL? Have always found it here but this last drive on powder wiped the shelves clean.

Yup. Bought two 4 lb kegs of it a couple weeks ago, one for me, one for Jarbo. Local place seems to have it in stock pretty regularly. They still had plenty of 1 lbers when I was there, haven't been back recently but if they have some, I'd be more than happy to pick some up for someone and ship it to them.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:53 pm

assateague wrote:Get up 10 minutes earlier.

I get up at 5:00, my shift starts at 6:00 am. I don't think the gunshop is going to open up early for me.
clampdaddy

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:54 pm

3200 Man wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

I'm going to shoot mine. I don't know if you can use it but I have 2 pounds of Longshot you could borrow or trade for.
clampdaddy

Postby 3200 Man » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:53 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
3200 Man wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

I'm going to shoot mine. I don't know if you can use it but I have 2 pounds of Longshot you could borrow or trade for.

I suppose you'd want some of those crow loads you got last time ? in trade !
Even though I have 11 lbs of Longshot , I'm hurt'en for others !
3200 Man

Postby assateague » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:50 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
assateague wrote:Get up 10 minutes earlier.

I get up at 5:00, my shift starts at 6:00 am. I don't think the gunshop is going to open up early for me.

Not you- 3200 fella.
assateague

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:08 pm

3200 Man wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
3200 Man wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

I suppose you'd want some of those crow loads you got last time ? in trade !
Even though I have 11 lbs of Longshot , I'm hurt'en for others !

We could do that. How many boxes of shells?
clampdaddy

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:44 pm

sws002 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
sws002 wrote:
3200 Man wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:[quote="3200 Man"]Don't worry , I see it has already come !

Yup. Bought two 4 lb kegs of it a couple weeks ago, one for me, one for Jarbo. Local place seems to have it in stock pretty regularly. They still had plenty of 1 lbers when I was there, haven't been back recently but if they have some, I'd be more than happy to pick some up for someone and ship it to them.[/quote]

I'll hit you up after I run by the local shop again
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Return to Rifle Forum