New idea for bands

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

New idea for bands

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Just saw this on the book and thought it might be a cool thing to do. I have a couple of my grandpa's old bands and am thinking about doing this with them now.
http://www.cscustomcalls.com/Legger-Series.html
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Re: New idea for bands

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:08 am

I've heard they make good goose calls. I tried a Justifier single reed and didn't care much for it.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby aunt betty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:25 pm

What a cool gimmick. :lol:
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Goldfish » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:21 pm

I have a couple of Mikes calls. I won a free call and I asked to get one of those grails but after about half a year he sent me an apostle (I had a die hard apostle, and won an acrylic apostle apparently). It works, don't know much more to say. I was able to get a pair to come check me out when I didn't have any goose decoys out, so they went to the other side of the lake to the other guy calling, he shot and missed so I got back on the call and they came back over to me again looking for the geese making the noise. There's no doubt in my mind that if I had a couple decoys that they would have committed.

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby RickC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:23 am

Mike does some fine work for sure. I had him make me up Justifier in Australian Blackheart Sassafras burl a couple years back. Beautiful call but sold it. Be prepared for a long wait getting a special order from him these days though. A coworker has been waiting on a call for a year.

Sent from my wife's stolen, err borrowed, iPad using Tapatalk HD
RickC

Postby Woody » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Cool looking, but I dare you to put it to your mouth on a cold January day in the north country.

Can't get the imbed to work:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_RgCbcT8eEU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_RgCbcT8eEU
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Woody wrote:Cool looking, but I dare you to put it to your mouth on a cold January day in the north country.

It is molded into the acrylic. Your lips never touch the aluminum.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:39 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Woody wrote:Cool looking, but I dare you to put it to your mouth on a cold January day in the north country.

It is molded into the acrylic. Your lips never touch the aluminum.

Never mind then...
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Return to Duck Call Forum