Foiles Calls

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Foiles Calls

Postby capt1972 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:16 pm

BURN EM!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Foiles Calls

Postby huntfishnv » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:07 pm

MEATRIDER
huntfishnv

Postby huntfishnv » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:08 pm

*meatgrinder
huntfishnv

Foiles Calls

Postby Westie25 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:30 am

huntfishnv wrote:MEATRIDER

Uh huh...
Westie25

Foiles Calls

Postby Westie25 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:31 am

While I don't agree with what Jeff did, it's still my full understanding that he produces an excellent call. I'd like to own one. Just waiting for one to fall in my lap.
Westie25

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:18 am

That guy will never redeem himself. every time i see one of his videos in basspro ( yes you can still buy them there) or even hear mention of his name, my first thought is "floatin the 4th"... it just pops into my head every time. i cant help it.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:25 am

A week online and already a Folies thread. The guy screwed up for sure, 13 months and a 100k fine on top of losing his empire has gotta suck big time. However the guy did make some good calls and I have one of the "straight meat" calls and still use it from time to time.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Foiles Calls

Postby Westie25 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:34 am

You know honestly, the way foiles was/or still is for that matter, is the way duck hunting has become. Every single one of my friends that I hunt with has a characteristic of foiles in them. Whether its wanting to float a 4th or killing as many ducks in a day as they can. Several times a season I have to remind my friends that that shit don't fly with me.
Westie25

Postby capt1972 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Westie25 wrote:You know honestly, the way foiles was/or still is for that matter, is the way duck hunting has become. Every single one of my friends that I hunt with has a characteristic of foiles in them. Whether its wanting to float a 4th or killing as many ducks in a day as they can. Several times a season I have to remind my friends that that shit don't fly with me.

Some of my most memorable days I didn't even pull the trigger.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Foiles Calls

Postby Westie25 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Well said capt!
Westie25

Postby Weston81 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:06 pm

A couple times last year we had groups of 100+ weary mallards working our spread in the late season. They never would finish but watching them work and the excitment was better than shooting them. I can still hear the wing beats and the hen mallard quacks in my head.
Weston81

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:07 pm

capt1972 wrote:Some of my most memorable days I didn't even pull the trigger.

FlintRiverFowler and I had a few of those days last season back in GA :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Olly wrote:
capt1972 wrote:Some of my most memorable days I didn't even pull the trigger.

FlintRiverFowler and I had a few of those days last season back in GA :lol: :lol: :lol:

we had a good time tho. wait til u move back.... we will have many many more of those mornings.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Goldfish » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Westie25 wrote:Just waiting for one to fall in my lap.

You aren't the only one waiting for Foiles to fall into their lap.

I've never used one of his calls. I got into the game right as his fit was hitting the shan, so all I know about him is that he did what a lot of us want to do, but have the decency not to do.

For the record, all hunters have a "rap" or some sort. Deer hunters = drunk lazy slobs. Upland = snobs. Waterfowl = asshole DBs. That is the stigma from the other side. JF just brought that stigma mainstream instead of just hunter to hunter ribbing.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby don taylor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:42 pm

I own about a dozen acrylic Foiles calls, every one is a winner. Talk smack on the man, but you can't talk about the calls. They're great. The HPH and SMH are by far the easiest to use goose calls made and the duck calls are all unique, but all effective. None of them sound the same.

Burn 'em? Why do that? Just sell them to me for 20 bucks, like the Timber Rattler I just mailed a money order for. A 125 dollar call for 20 bucks? That's a limp dick deal... You can't beat it.
don taylor

Postby duckkillerclyde » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:57 pm

I have a straight meat mallard. I got it 6 years ago or so. It is really crisp.
duckkillerclyde

Foiles Calls

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm

don taylor wrote:I own about a dozen acrylic Foiles calls, every one is a winner. Talk smack on the man, but you can't talk about the calls. They're great. The HPH and SMH are by far the easiest to use goose calls made and the duck calls are all unique, but all effective. None of them sound the same.

Burn 'em? Why do that? Just sell them to me for 20 bucks, like the Timber Rattler I just mailed a money order for. A 125 dollar call for 20 bucks? That's a limp dick deal... You can't beat it.

Where do you always find these great deals at?!?
Westie25

Foiles Calls

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:12 pm

huntfishnv wrote:MEATRIDER

How'd I miss this gem?
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 pm

don taylor wrote:I own about a dozen acrylic Foiles calls, every one is a winner. Talk smack on the man, but you can't talk about the calls. They're great. The HPH and SMH are by far the easiest to use goose calls made and the duck calls are all unique, but all effective. None of them sound the same.

I agree 100%. I love his calls, atleast the ones I own anyways. When all the stuff went down, all I could think of was "sweet, now I can get them cheap!" That has not been the case at all, seems they stuck to the same prices they were before. People want nothing to do with Foiles, but yet want to still make money off reselling his calls.

Don, if you come across any deals again, let me know!
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby don taylor » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:52 am

2012-08-03_21-23-59_975.jpg
Well, the ice SMM finally showed up. It's on the far right. These are all Foiles calls.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
don taylor

Postby Redbeard » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Obsessed much!?!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Those aren't real calls. They're miniatures, like bottles of booze on an airplane. Strictly for collector purposes, not hunting.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:46 pm

don taylor wrote:
2012-08-03_21-23-59_975.jpg
Well, the ice SMM finally showed up. It's on the far right. These are all Foiles calls.

If you ever want to get rid of that Cackler, or purple HPH, gimme a shout!
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby i shoot spoonies » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:04 am

Weston81 wrote:A couple times last year we had groups of 100+ weary mallards working our spread in the late season. They never would finish but watching them work and the excitment was better than shooting them. I can still hear the wing beats and the hen mallard quacks in my head.

its always a pain in the ass when nothin decides to commit... but it is nice to watch a large group working... all the suspense... but usually for us its either sprig or wigeon in ridiculously large groups
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:Hahaha! Weiner snob.

Damn right! Only the best wieners go in my mouth!
i shoot spoonies

Postby don taylor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:37 am

2012-07-27_14-42-50_155.jpg
I don't have a cackler call, what one do you think is a cackler call?

That purple HPH is for one of my daughters, i have a few feminine colored rigs ready for them to use. I couldn't sport a lilac colored call, but for free, it was a nice addition for the girls to use one day.

Obsessed? Maybe. I have a page on facebook called duck call trader and move quite a few a year. I'm not as obsessed as much as I'm an opportunist with lots of free time to scan the classifieds. I should tally up how much i've invested in my collection, you'd be shocked how little i've spent on the probably 75 calls in my collection.
Here is one of my daughter's rigs. Total cost, including lanyard, was 43 dollar.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
don taylor

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:47 pm

don taylor wrote:
2012-07-27_14-42-50_155.jpg
I don't have a cackler call, what one do you think is a cackler call?

That purple HPH is for one of my daughters, i have a few feminine colored rigs ready for them to use. I couldn't sport a lilac colored call, but for free, it was a nice addition for the girls to use one day.

Obsessed? Maybe. I have a page on facebook called duck call trader and move quite a few a year. I'm not as obsessed as much as I'm an opportunist with lots of free time to scan the classifieds. I should tally up how much i've invested in my collection, you'd be shocked how little i've spent on the probably 75 calls in my collection.
Here is one of my daughter's rigs. Total cost, including lanyard, was 43 dollar.

I thought the black call next to the meat grinder was the strait cackler. After a closer look I see what it is.

I don't mind the color of my calls, I just don't like bright colors. The transparent calls are actually pretty dull with a camo back drop
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to Duck Call Forum