Antique Calls

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Re: Antique Calls

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:16 pm

Marshmutt wrote:Do we have any antique call guys on this forum? I have a couple questions

http://www.marshmutt.com
Keeping The Steel Flying and Dogs Retrieving

Maybe redbeard or Don Taylor.
duckkillerclyde

Antique Calls

Postby Westie25 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:33 pm

PM don. He could be interested in some.
Westie25

Antique Calls

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:55 pm

I might like in as well
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:43 pm

I can help, if you'd like.

I have multiple outlets to move calls and know many, many collectors of old calls. I know most values and can usually get near asking price. I've sold well over 100 since the beginning of the year and actually enjoy doing it. Most of the guys who I sell them for toss me one or two, depending on how many I move and how much they make. If you don't have many, maybe offer me a deal on one.... I'd have to see the lot.

If you'd like some help moving them, I'd love to see what you have and advertise them. Most of the other guys just email me pics of calls (usually 5-8 at a time) with thorough descriptions. You just sit back and watch money orders come in and mail the calls out as they sell.

I'd also personally like to review what you have, just to see if I'd like 1st crack. Any particular ones of interest, I'd post here, even if I wanted them.

But first, are we talking Yetzens and lohmans, D2's and DC reachers or are we talking about Alvin Taylor type of calls? Maybe a mix of all of them? Throw out some names for me.
don taylor

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:02 pm

If it's old junk, and you don't really want a lot for them, I'd like something to be able to make a throwback decorative thing with.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Antique Calls

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Can we at least see em?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Antique Calls

Postby Redbeard » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Beautiful calls!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Antique Calls

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Wow, very nice!
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:52 am

MM, I keep meaning to call you, but I'm so damn busy these past few days, I hardly have time to wipe my ass. Between the single dad role I play because the GF works all weekend to the new Delta chapter I'm working on again, I just didn't get a chance this weekend. I'm shooting for tomorrow evening, I'll send you a PM. I'd call tonight, but I'm actually going to get some time for myself and the boy and I are going to pattern some geese for the opener.
don taylor

Return to Duck Call Forum