Expencive calls

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Re: Expencive calls

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:There is ONE Magic Duck Whistle-

Boom

They all are when you hunt a million $ duck club like tiller does.

Look for me on the next "Lifestyles of the Rich and Shameless", I'm the guy with the cheap duck calls.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:25 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Exactly the same. Bryce took his best cut and molded it to save time and get calls out in a timely manner. Both are just as good. Mine is a hand cut version but I would take a molded one any day. I have Bryce's number if you want to call and talk to him about it.

Thanks for the info. So this call is noticeably louder than a DC? If so I'm ordering one this week.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:25 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:I don't like my original. The short barrel and dc ate my favorite RNTs.

The RM now rules all..

Cant wait till I call up Stump to get one made. Probably be this summer before I do it.

Waiting on Gaston to email me back, if it don't happen soon, I'm going to Stump for the new gold digger.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:26 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Exactly the same. Bryce took his best cut and molded it to save time and get calls out in a timely manner. Both are just as good. Mine is a hand cut version but I would take a molded one any day. I have Bryce's number if you want to call and talk to him about it.

Thanks for the info. So this call is noticeably louder than a DC? If so I'm ordering one this week.

WAAAAAAYYYYYY louder
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:27 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

WAAAAAAYYYYYY louder

SSSWEEEET. Gonna blow the ears off those bastards at the WMA next season.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:27 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:

Yes it is and its a hell of a lot raspier. Doesn't take a ton of air either.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:Aggression, smooth transitioning and volume without sacrificing bottom end.

Kinda like a smoother Daisy Cutter on steroids?

Not raspy and no hold(back pressure) like a dasiy cutter. Lot more power, louder and more top end than a dc.

Yup, much prefer my MVP to my DC. MVP sits number one on MY lanyard and the DC sits on a shelf, contemplating trading.

New or old style?
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

I'm sold.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Compared to that dc it does
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:29 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Does what?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:30 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Does what?

Takes more air but its easy to get used to
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:31 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="The Duck Hammer"]Exactly the same. Bryce took his best cut and molded it to save time and get calls out in a timely manner. Both are just as good. Mine is a hand cut version but I would take a molded one any day. I have Bryce's number if you want to call and talk to him about it.

Does what?

Takes more air but its easy to get used to[/quote]
I hear they ave to be blown with hard quick bursts compared to the normal blow of a call.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 pm

It all depends on what you're trying to do with it.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Kinda like a goose call is the best Ive ever heard it explained.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:35 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:Aggression, smooth transitioning and volume without sacrificing bottom end.

Kinda like a smoother Daisy Cutter on steroids?

Not raspy and no hold(back pressure) like a dasiy cutter. Lot more power, louder and more top end than a dc.

Yup, much prefer my MVP to my DC. MVP sits number one on MY lanyard and the DC sits on a shelf, contemplating trading.

New or old style?

Pfft, New. Do like the call just don't feel like it brings anything to the table next to the MVP. Black good condition.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Pfft, New. Do like the call just don't feel like it brings anything to the table next to the MVP. Black good condition.

You should try an RM gold digger, seriously. The best way I can describe it is it's like the mvp version of a meat call. It transitions like the mvp, isn't quite as loud but plenty loud enough to reach out and gets great down low. Would also recommend a Gaston field model.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Kinda like a goose call is the best Ive ever heard it explained.

Nothing like a goose call
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Kinda like a goose call is the best Ive ever heard it explained.

Maybe not like you blow a goose call. :lol:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:39 pm

rebelp74 wrote:

Hope not. I can't blow a goose call for shit.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:40 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

Whoever was blowing said goose call must not be very good at goose calling.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:40 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:Pfft, New. Do like the call just don't feel like it brings anything to the table next to the MVP. Black good condition.

You should try an RM gold digger, seriously. The best way I can describe it is it's like the mvp version of a meat call. It transitions like the mvp, isn't quite as loud but plenty loud enough to reach out and gets great down low. Would also recommend a Gaston field model.

I'm happy with my MVP and more so looking for something to pair with it. The way y'all talk up these RM's I have been really kicking around the idea for a while.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:42 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

Whoever was blowing said goose call must not be very good at goose calling.

I'm pretty sure I fall into the not very great at goose calling category, but I have called some in.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

I'm happy with my MVP and more so looking for something to pair with it. The way y'all talk up these RM's I have been really kicking around the idea for a while.

They are fantastic. And Stumps calls are second to none.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

It's easy to go from the mvp to the gold digger and vice versa, without having to change up presentation. Not easy to do with many and both compliment each other pretty good. Sounds like you're not a fan of too much hold, neither is Stump and he can make it anyway you want it, as far as back pressure. I'd also recommend a microhen or short barrel as a good compliment to the mvp.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby RickC » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Just picked up a Hedge RM Gold Digger for 65.00, looking forward to getting it. Ronnie's turning one out of AB for me now. That and a whistle from Wingerts will be a graduation present for my son when he graduates boot camp.
RickC

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:47 pm

RickC wrote:Just picked up a Hedge RM Gold Digger for 65.00, looking forward to getting it. Ronnie's turning one out of AB for me now. That and a whistle from Wingerts will be a graduation present for my son when he graduates boot camp.

You were the one that beat me to it...
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

Do it. I was skeptical, but after trying one, I'm a believer...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby RickC » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:51 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
RickC wrote:Just picked up a Hedge RM Gold Digger for 65.00, looking forward to getting it. Ronnie's turning one out of AB for me now. That and a whistle from Wingerts will be a graduation present for my son when he graduates boot camp.

You were the one that beat me to it...

Yeah I was lucky, saw it on Facebook a minute after it was posted.
RickC

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:52 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:

It's easy to go from the mvp to the gold digger and vice versa, without having to change up presentation. Not easy to do with many and both compliment each other pretty good. Sounds like you're not a fan of too much hold, neither is Stump and he can make it anyway you want it, as far as back pressure. I'd also recommend a microhen or short barrel as a good compliment to the mvp.

Good to know, got rid of my lares after fighting alternating between the two. Have a hedge shortbarrel, I really like as well, but it's so close to the MVP overall. Funny you say microhen I just put up a Sean Mann Big Water on Facebook to see if I could pull one.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Flight, pm me your address and I'll send it for you to try out. Just send it back!
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Call Forum