RNT Shortbarrel

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Re: RNT Shortbarrel

Postby Tomkat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:02 am

jarbo03 wrote:Would like to try it out, TK I will let you try my Littlewing acrylic.

Deal. I am sure you will be able to run it like a champ.
Tomkat

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Rick wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:That "spinner bait" is beautiful. Everytime you post it it catches my attention. I've kicked around the idea of trying one out but just never pulled the trigger, probably not a good enough caller to make a difference anyways. Haha. You better hold on to it Rick, its purty.

I'm not a collector, but it's helped kill a lot of birds for us, which makes it one I may hang onto for one of the grand kids if and when it's retired. (Oldest boy that's interested in calling is 10 and still a lot more interested in cranking it up than finesse. Don't know how many times I've had him try the Microhen only to have him run it briefly and pick up something else, but he's probably sick of me suggesting it.)

If I ever come down to your blind you better lock it up..... just in case though.

Hey dh, what's the current market like on a used older style anyways? Price/availability
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:19 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Rick wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:That "spinner bait" is beautiful. Everytime you post it it catches my attention. I've kicked around the idea of trying one out but just never pulled the trigger, probably not a good enough caller to make a difference anyways. Haha. You better hold on to it Rick, its purty.

I'm not a collector, but it's helped kill a lot of birds for us, which makes it one I may hang onto for one of the grand kids if and when it's retired. (Oldest boy that's interested in calling is 10 and still a lot more interested in cranking it up than finesse. Don't know how many times I've had him try the Microhen only to have him run it briefly and pick up something else, but he's probably sick of me suggesting it.)

If I ever come down to your blind you better lock it up..... just in case though.

Hey dh, what's the current market like on a used older style anyways? Price/availability

If you have a Facebook join the groups; duck call exchange and duck call trader, they come up on there somewhat regularly varying from 70-100
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:06 pm

I dont do the Facebook but that's what I have you guys for. Haha
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:07 pm

3legged_lab wrote:I dont do the Facebook but that's what I have you guys for. Haha

I only signed up for the call pages. To easy to offend people on FB.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby jarbo03 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:01 pm

I tried TKs rnt shortbarrel yesterday, i liked it. Could finish birds close and still have decent volume, back pressure fit me good.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Tomkat » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:25 pm

You sounded good on it. I hope I can work it that way some day.
Tomkat

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:00 am

I'd guess the SB the most universally popular RNT, which says a lot for it.
Rick

Postby Tomkat » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:59 am

Its a nice size to have on a lanyard IMO. Sounds good, like all RNT calls I have heard do.
Tomkat

Previous

Return to Duck Call Forum