Looking to get a custom duck call

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Looking to get a custom duck call

Postby Bad17 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:15 am

In out on that. Don't understand why you would want to do it. If there's that many hens in front of you then let them call your ducks in. Unless it's a goal of yours to be able to sound like a bunch of ducks.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Re: Looking to get a custom duck call

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:14 am

Bad17 wrote:Unless it's a goal of yours to be able to sound like a bunch of ducks.

That's the whole idea of calling.....
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:39 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bad17 wrote:Unless it's a goal of yours to be able to sound like a bunch of ducks.

And all this time I've been thinking the idea was to influence ducks to come to a spot they'd not intended to be.
Rick

Postby Bad17 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:01 pm

I guess my whole life I have been calling ducks wrong. So has my dad my grand dad and everyone I know. Cause all the calls I have make single quack noises. I can use a greeting,hail, comeback, lonesome hen, feed calls.

You will definitely need to post a video on how to take a duck call and make is sound like a whole group of hens quacking.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Rick wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

And all this time I've been thinking the idea was to influence ducks to come to a spot they'd not intended to be.

:lol: Ok you knew damn well what I was trying to say.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby goosehunter64 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:56 am

Some guys call that refuge calling. A bunch of hens sounding all off at once, at different pitches, tones, volume, and doing many different notes. That takes some air..I've done it a few times.....not out it the wild mind you... :mrgreen: :roll:
Sounds like call lock up as well. Putting and presenting to much air so a thinner reed won't help. You need to learn to call again.Some of the fastest calls are on the market right now...and if you have a slow tongue....not gunna help much.
goosehunter64

Postby firstflight » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:51 pm

goosehunter64 wrote:Some guys call that refuge calling. A bunch of hens sounding all off at once, at different pitches, tones, volume, and doing many different notes. That takes some air..I've done it a few times.....not out it the wild mind you... :mrgreen: :roll:
Sounds like call lock up as well. Putting and presenting to much air so a thinner reed won't help. You need to learn to call again.Some of the fastest calls are on the market right now...and if you have a slow tongue....not gunna help much.

thanks for the input but you guys aren't understanding what I want out of a call . Maybe my explanation is not the best for what you guys keep saying I know what I want, my knowledge of duck call making is not top notch .

p.s. I have only been calling 37 years ,I think I know how to call and what i want out of a call thank you ....................
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:59 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:The gold digger is like a badass non sticking daisy cutter. I couldn't get Rebs or Flights to stick when I played with them.

I put my mouth on a call you spit all over? Do I need to get checked for anything?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:19 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:The gold digger is like a badass non sticking daisy cutter. I couldn't get Rebs or Flights to stick when I played with them.

I put my mouth on a call you spit all over? Do I need to get checked for anything?

Ebola

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby goosehunter64 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:55 am

firstflight wrote:
goosehunter64 wrote:Some guys call that refuge calling. A bunch of hens sounding all off at once, at different pitches, tones, volume, and doing many different notes. That takes some air..I've done it a few times.....not out it the wild mind you... :mrgreen: :roll:

thanks for the input but you guys aren't understanding what I want out of a call . Maybe my explanation is not the best for what you guys keep saying I know what I want, my knowledge of duck call making is not top notch .

p.s. I have only been calling 37 years ,I think I know how to call and what i want out of a call thank you ....................

Ok...lets hear you put up a sound file. Calling for 37 minutes or 37 years. If you're not doing things right...it don't mean squat...jus sayin??
goosehunter64

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:28 am

goosehunter64 wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Ok...lets hear you put up a sound file. Calling for 37 minutes or 37 years. If you're not doing things right...it don't mean squat...jus sayin??

I think I am doing it right!! Can't post anything right now .
I have no issue killing ducks anywhere else . It just one lake They do this just like a a fast call .
I DON'T NEED PEOPLE TO TELL ME I AM DOING IT WRONG !!!!!!!!

All I asked was input on call makers that fucking it .
And how the Fuck would any of you world champion duck callers even know how I call !!! none of you know me .
firstflight

Postby Deltaman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:21 am

Simmer down FF :shock: I'd say you got some pretty good advice, and some opinions from those trying to help, which is par for the course. No need getting upset............ opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they usually stink.........but that doesn't mean you gotta sniff'em ;) Take the advice with a grain of salt, and glean what you feel is helpful. Hope you are able to find one that will work best for your situation.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:53 am

firstflight wrote:
goosehunter64 wrote:
firstflight wrote:

I have no issue killing ducks anywhere else . It just one lake They do this just like a a fast call .

All I asked was input on call makers that fucking it .
And how the Fuck would any of you world champion duck callers even know how I call !!! none of you know me .

Nobody said you can't call. They want to hear what you're trying to do so they can help recommend a call. From your description all I can imagine is a rolling feed that you want.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:55 am

Deltaman wrote:Simmer down FF :shock: I'd say you got some pretty good advice, and some opinions from those trying to help, which is par for the course. No need getting upset............ opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they usually stink.........but that doesn't mean you gotta sniff'em ;) Take the advice with a grain of salt, and glean what you feel is helpful. Hope you are able to find one that will work best for your situation.

Yeah I am still debating on 3 calls yet .

I do appreciate the ones who gave me what I was looking for .
firstflight

Postby goosehunter64 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:58 am

firstflight wrote:
goosehunter64 wrote:
firstflight wrote:

All I asked was input on call makers that **** it .
And how the **** would any of you world champion duck callers even know how I call !!! none of you know me .

Sorry you took it the wrong way dude. I just wanted to hear what you are doing maybe help correct it or recommend something else... :popcorn:
goosehunter64

Postby firstflight » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:24 am

goosehunter64 wrote:
firstflight wrote:
goosehunter64 wrote:
firstflight wrote:

All I asked was input on call makers that **** it .
And how the **** would any of you world champion duck callers even know how I call !!! none of you know me .

Sorry you took it the wrong way dude. I just wanted to hear what you are doing maybe help correct it or recommend something else... :popcorn:

Yep that's fine I will take it from here thanks .
firstflight

Postby goosehunter64 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:35 am

Thanks for letting us try to help..... :o :beer:
goosehunter64

Postby TNAL45 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:58 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414097616.080966.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414097638.047302.jpg

That MVP should do it all. Just play with the tuning. Better yet, call Buck, give him a vision and let him run with it. Then have it passed over to Butch for a hunting call tune. :)
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
I refuse to play any sport that considers water a "hazard".
TNAL45

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:03 pm

That's the coolest MVP I've seen. Photo op timber hawg in graving is badass.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Not nearly enough ducks in a single MVP to outnumber firstflight's hens. Gonna take a rig like this:

Rick

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Rick wrote:Not nearly enough ducks in a single MVP to outnumber firstflight's hens. Gonna take a rig like this:

That one of the dumbest/funniest things I've seen in a while.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Rick

Postby firstflight » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Rick wrote:Not nearly enough ducks in a single MVP to outnumber firstflight's hens. Gonna take a rig like this:

That's funny stuff .I guess I will break down an buy a shaker duck call they work right .
firstflight

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Haha forgot about that rig
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby TNAL45 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:That's the coolest MVP I've seen. Photo op timber hawg in graving is badass.

Thanks man! I told Buck that I wanted an oak tree MVP, gave him some general ideas and he ran with it. As usual, he killed it.
I refuse to play any sport that considers water a "hazard".
TNAL45

Postby Mohawkwoodman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:30 am

What about a drake dropper call?
Mohawkwoodman

Postby KyMike » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:06 pm

FF, definitely give Gary at Committed Custom Calls a ring. He will get the call running how ever you want. Just got his new Big Bore and that thing will run. May be exactly what you are looking for.
KyMike

Postby firstflight » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:03 am

KyMike wrote:FF, definitely give Gary at Committed Custom Calls a ring. He will get the call running how ever you want. Just got his new Big Bore and that thing will run. May be exactly what you are looking for.

Yeah thanks that's what I was leaning towards.
firstflight

Previous

Return to Duck Call Forum