A couple of new calls I just got!!!

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

A couple of new calls I just got!!!

Postby Richard Federation » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:12 am

SPAM
Regards

Rick

Rick Federation
404-988-7460
Richard Federation

Re: A couple of new calls I just got!!!

Postby Deltaman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:49 am

Beautiful calls Rick :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Rick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Glad it worked out so well for you.
Rick

Postby Bad17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:29 pm

Very nice calls.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Capttrae » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:44 pm

Very nice calls
Capttrae

Postby Goldfish » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:41 pm

Those calls look pretty neat, but I have to ask, is that an echo insert on the duck call?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Yes
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Richard Federation » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:22 am

Goldfish wrote:Those calls look pretty neat, but I have to ask, is that an echo insert on the duck call?

I have absolutely no clue what insert it has. I can ask THC and let you know. Is it a bad thing if it is, and if it is what insert should I request next time?
Regards

Rick

Rick Federation
404-988-7460
Richard Federation

Postby Rick » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:50 pm

No, it's only a bad thing if you don't like it. An awful lot of folks are tickled with them, but there's no "one size fits all".
Rick

Postby Goldfish » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:36 am

Richard Federation wrote:
Goldfish wrote:Those calls look pretty neat, but I have to ask, is that an echo insert on the duck call?

I have absolutely no clue what insert it has. I can ask THC and let you know. Is it a bad thing if it is, and if it is what insert should I request next time?

There are basically two parts to a duck call, the barrel and the insert. The barrel is your antler, the insert is the plastic part inserted into it which holds the reeds. There are a lot of custom call makers that simply make barrels and buy inserts from Echo because figuring out the insert is pretty tough getting the shape and reed setup right to sound like a duck. Echo makes good calls, damn fine ones at that, so it's not like you are getting a defunct call or anything, and you got your antler in it which is pretty bad ass so don't think too far into it, it's just that a lot of call makers that make the whole call turn their noses at ones who just buy inserts from echo.

I'm glad someone would turn that barrel for you. There should be nothing wrong with that call and it should do you well for life. If something ever happens to the plastic, you can always by a new insert from echo for not a ridiculous price also.

I feel like I'm rambling now. Short version, rock that call and be proud of it every second.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Richard Federation » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:25 am

Thanks Goldfish for the info. I understand the whole thing about how the call works, I myself make plenty of predator calls from deer antler using plastic reeds on some models and purchased metal inserts from call suppliers for other calls, I just never made a duck call, heck I barely can blow a duck call effectively. The deer antler I use BTW is not turned but rather using the tines that I have to grind, sand and shape the tone board on then fit a proper reed into. Or I, cut, grind, sand and shape a piece of antler then drill a hole for the metal insert. These calls actually sound pretty dam good but sounding perfect does not matter with predators as much as waterfowl.
Regards

Rick

Rick Federation
404-988-7460
Richard Federation

Postby Richard Federation » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:28 am

I still may just put these in a display box and use the other calls I ordered from Top Hill Custom Game Calls for daily use. These calls to me are just to pretty to take a chance with loosing when I can call with a standard call instead of a piece of art.
Regards

Rick

Rick Federation
404-988-7460
Richard Federation

Postby Goldfish » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Yea, after I posted that I realized you weren't asking what an insert was, but which insert you should have asked for.

It's up to you on if you use them or not, but that'd be quite the conversion piece on your lanyard or the mantle
Goldfish

Postby aunt betty » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:04 pm

Nice antler barrel with an Echo insert that you can buy for under $8.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Olly » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:08 pm

AB found some spam I missed! Last year... :lol: :lol:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Return to Duck Call Forum