Better XXX...

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Better XXX...

Postby Rick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:11 pm

Get that mind out of the sewer. I'm talking about GVCC's XXX goose call, which has been my favorite of way too many Canada calls. While its maker seems a standup guy, I've long thought the maker of the guts he uses in it enough of a putz that it bugged me to like the call so well. Enough so that I've been trying other types of guts in my favorite XXX, though without satisfaction until I followed up on a tip on another board and bought a set of Saunders red guts. What a treat. Runs as easy as the KOAs with Mark's shaved reed, only with a full reed that cranks ups the volume and cracks like crazy. It's all I can do not to run poor Sweet Chereaux out of the house playing with it.

(Same fellow also suggested Redemption's version of Flyway-X guts, so I'll be trying those, too, though what I take to be original Flyway-Xs borrowed from a Heartland Pip Squeak didn't impress.)
Rick

Re: Better XXX...

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Don't know that I'll ever use it as it is but no point in not throwing a set in mine.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Better XXX...

Postby capt1972 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Fucking tease.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Call Forum