Well I tried

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Well I tried

Postby capt1972 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Stopped by Bass Pros today cause I was thinking about getting a Triple Threat. Now I like the show and all, however I think they have become to popular. I mean how else do you explain that BPS was completely sold out of all the DC calls while every other call you can think off was in full stock?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Well I tried

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:55 am

That show on A&E has made them pretty popular.

Sent from your honey hole.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby capt1972 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Olly wrote:That show on A&E has made them pretty popular.

Gee, Ya think?? :D :D :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:43 pm

I never knew how much of a yuppie Willie was before that show. In the dvds he seems more like a hunter. Got a smoking wife though.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Well I tried

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:00 pm

She's ok at best. I still think all his yuppie stuff is an act for tv. Jase and Phil are my favorites.
Westie25

Postby capt1972 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Westie25 wrote:She's ok at best. I still think all his yuppie stuff is an act for tv. Jase and Phil are my favorites.

what about cy ? sy ? you know who I mean.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby duckkillerclyde » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:17 pm

capt1972 wrote:
Westie25 wrote:She's ok at best. I still think all his yuppie stuff is an act for tv. Jase and Phil are my favorites.

my personal favorite.
duckkillerclyde

Well I tried

Postby Westie25 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 pm

capt1972 wrote:

Si is a waste of human flesh. He was irrelevant until recently. Just shows what crappy writing and reality tv can do.
Westie25

Postby capt1972 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Westie25 wrote:
capt1972 wrote:

Si is a waste of human flesh. He was irrelevant until recently. Just shows what crappy writing and reality tv can do.

Wow. Just wow.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Si is one of my favorites. The crap he says is just plain funny.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Well I tried

Postby Westie25 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:27 pm

He never talked on duck commander. I also like my duck shows to have ducks.
Westie25

Postby Olly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Westie25 wrote:He never talked on duck commander. I also like my duck shows to have ducks.

I can def agree with that but the show on A&E isn't duck commander it's a whole new animal. The producers prolly put him in more of a spot light because of the way he talks.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Well I tried

Postby Westie25 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Yep. From what I hear the majority was staged and scripted anyways.
Westie25

Postby capt1972 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Westie25 wrote:Yep. From what I hear the majority was staged and scripted anyways.

I totally agree but it's still funny. Better than watching "The Real Houswive Sluts of the Whatever Trailer Park You Came From"!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Well I tried

Postby Westie25 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:02 pm

capt1972 wrote:
Westie25 wrote:Yep. From what I hear the majority was staged and scripted anyways.

I totally agree but it's still funny. Better than watching "The Real Houswive Sluts of the Whatever Trailer Park You Came From"!

Don't get me wrong. I still watched every episode religiously. And they still sit on my dvr
Westie25

Postby capt1972 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:06 pm

I hear ya! Just sayin at least its hunting "related"
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Well I tried

Postby Westie25 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:08 pm

capt1972 wrote:I hear ya! Just sayin at least its hunting "related"

Word
Westie25

Postby capt1972 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:15 pm

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:40 pm

capt1972 wrote:Stopped by Bass Pros today cause I was thinking about getting a Triple Threat. Now I like the show and all, however I think they have become to popular. I mean how else do you explain that BPS was completely sold out of all the DC calls while every other call you can think off was in full stock?

Um, hello! Didn't you watch the show? They went out beaver shootin and honey gatherin and vineyard buyin and all sorts of other stuff instead of making calls. BP isn't sold out, they just never received their shipment.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby capt1972 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Goldfish wrote:
capt1972 wrote:Stopped by Bass Pros today cause I was thinking about getting a Triple Threat. Now I like the show and all, however I think they have become to popular. I mean how else do you explain that BPS was completely sold out of all the DC calls while every other call you can think off was in full stock?

Um, hello! Didn't you watch the show? They went out beaver shootin and honey gatherin and vineyard buyin and all sorts of other stuff instead of making calls. BP isn't sold out, they just never received their shipment.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Anotherone » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:10 am

Throwback Thursday:
Bring back the fun people!
Anotherone

Postby Deltaman » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:29 am

Way back............before the fracturing of some of the peeps :o
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:43 am

Goldfish wrote:

Hehe...

Beaver shootin.
They lost us when he cut up a Barbie playhouse with a chainsaw.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:46 pm

The "realistic calling" thread had some good stuff in it.
One of the best ones was a triple reed call.
Ricky Spanish

Return to Duck Call Forum