Proposal

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Proposal

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:27 pm

This site needs new blood bad.
We use it and post pics and stuff.
It ain't free and it wouldn't hurt to do something in a monetary way that'd maybe help boost the membership.
Rick bought a new magic whistle.
I'm uh...what's the word?
Jonesin' to see and hear one not played by their Singleton guy. So how about I buy one just to look at and toot on a few times, dunk it in c19 killer, and give it to a new member that maybe pays a buck to get into the raffle.
An auction would be dumb. It'd be fun and maybe actually accomplish something decent.
Maybe raise $47 or something. :lol:

It's the only way we're going to get pics of a tone board and sound files from an amateur.
:clap:
I'll pay
Ricky Spanish

Re: Proposal

Postby uncle Jed » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:07 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:This site needs new blood bad.
We use it and post pics and stuff.
It ain't free and it wouldn't hurt to do something in a monetary way that'd maybe help boost the membership.
Rick bought a new magic whistle.
I'm uh...what's the word?
Jonesin' to see and hear one not played by their Singleton guy. So how about I buy one just to look at and toot on a few times, dunk it in c19 killer, and give it to a new member that maybe pays a buck to get into the raffle.
An auction would be dumb. It'd be fun and maybe actually accomplish something decent.
Maybe raise $47 or something. :lol:

It's the only way we're going to get pics of a tone board and sound files from an amateur.
:clap:
I'll pay

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
uncle Jed

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:22 am

I'd suggest spending the call's cost on your wife or home.

Here, for what incredibly little it might be worth to you is a pic of the LA cut and step-bored toneboard (beginning of the wide, tapered exhaust bore can be seen under the cork tab):
002.JPG

And unless you can tune it, there's zip chance of you getting it to much more than croak. Turns out the stock reed is the same length as those Rolling Thunder sells as replacements for all of their calls and Olts, meaning they'll take all the air most anyone's got and probably need some trimming to suit nearly everyone.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:37 am

Rick wrote:I'd suggest spending the call's cost on your wife or home.

Here, for what incredibly little it might be worth to you is a pic of the LA cut and step-bored toneboard (beginning of the wide, tapered exhaust bore can be seen under the cork tab):
002.JPG

And unless you can tune it, there's zip chance of you getting it to much more than croak. Turns out the stock reed is the same length as those Rolling Thunder sells as replacements for all of their calls and Olts, meaning they'll take all the air most anyone's got and probably need some trimming to suit nearly everyone.

So the magic whistle has no magic at all until you touch it? You'd make a heck of a salesman.
Does singleton know that their calls sound like ass to an Ohio transplant until tuned expertly?
They need to hear about it.
I'd call customer service and tell them.
No reed I bet it sounds sweet.

How about if I buy the call, you tune it, and take care of the membership drive giveaway?
We have to get this right the first time.
Can't be giving away an ass-tuned croaker.

You might have gotten something with a white insert so you don't lose this one. Try and hang onto it this time eh?
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:59 am

I've hired at least 5 different champion callers to guide hunts. Some duck some goose. These guys can't find their calls, a goose flies by, you ask "can I shoot it?".
Guide digging thru bag for calls looks up and says, "If you think you can kill it kill it".
Bam.
Dead honker this hunt is over and he wants his tip. :clap:
Limit is one.

So exciting.

And while they're not calling they run their mouths trying to sell you cell phone minutes and algae pills.
Now that's what a good guide is.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:05 am

"Don't be a putz." comes to mind.
Rick

Postby Anotherone » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:23 am

“Ass tuned croaker” term had me laughing. If I ever construct a call of any sort, I’m buying the rights to that name. I know a bunch of lying ass duck hunters that’ll buy a call with a decal that reads “The ass tuned croaker duck call will bring em in all the way from Manitoba!” Funny shit on a Sunday morning.
Anotherone

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:37 am

Anotherone wrote:“Ass tuned croaker” term had me laughing. If I ever construct a call of any sort, I’m buying the rights to that name. I know a bunch of lying ass duck hunters that’ll buy a call with a decal that reads “The ass tuned croaker duck call will bring em in all the way from Manitoba!” Funny shit on a Sunday morning.

Hallelujah. A.T.C. :lol:
:beer:
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:46 am

Fuck it.
Was a bad idea so let's give this away to a new member.
It's ass tuned properly.
Croaks with the worst.
I don't hunt it because it's a fucking contest call.
I'd never miss it
16817319180506803456278703675210.jpg
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:50 am

This is how you show off a tone board that you've been jonesing on.
1681732124906629889073818585567.jpg

16817321931239211510009716236255.jpg
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:12 am

Will put three new reeds and three new corks in the box.
Let someone tune it that can make it right then dog on them for not getting it right. :lol:
16817335104601346547970382656342.jpg

Any bee shit on the box is just an added bonus.
Ricky Spanish

Return to Duck Call Forum