State forums?

Suggest ideas for the site or ask for help with the forums.

?

State
18%
Flyways
82%

Total votes : 17

State forums?

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Should we drill it down further into state forums or keep it regional with the flyway forums?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: State forums?

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:18 pm

Either way we need they need to be more active. I still kind of like the flyways so when season hits you can follow the migration
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Keep it regional. I think states would water it down too much, IMO.
assateague

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Either way we need they need to be more active. I still kind of like the flyways so when season hits you can follow the migration

This is why I was thinking about revisiting/ changing it. We might have more sign up if they feel like we provide a more local forum.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Well whatever the group wants. Doing it by states might make people feel more comfortable talking to others in the same state. Idk.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Dibs on moderating HI.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Another option is to allow members to create chapters. Say if you have 10 people within driving distance of each other they could make a WFF chapter and setup chapter hunts and stuff and I could make forums in their regional forums just for them.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:51 pm

That sounds neat. Would everyone be able to see the chapters.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Olly wrote:Another option is to allow members to create chapters. Say if you have 10 people within driving distance of each other they could make a WFF chapter and setup chapter hunts and stuff and I could make forums in their regional forums just for them.

None of these options are working for me..sticking me and MB in a forum together? Wish i lived closer to other members for some hunts

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Bad17 wrote:That sounds neat. Would everyone be able to see the chapters.

Yea, I've given it some thought and I'd like that to happen one day. Maybe in the future when chapters get together for hunts WFF could filter down some goodies or even money for something. It'd be cool to see WFF chapters doing other things like marsh clean ups and stuff as well.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm

I nominate the Virginia chapter to come mow my lawn.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:That sounds neat. Would everyone be able to see the chapters.

Yea, I've given it some thought and I'd like that to happen one day. Maybe in the future when chapters get together for hunts WFF could filter down some goodies or even money for something. It'd be cool to see WFF chapters doing other things like marsh clean ups and stuff as well.

I do plan on building a ton of wood duck boxes this year. Anyone ever been behind the logistics of them? Like how many per area and such? I've built them before, but never put them up.

Also, I think regional might be a little better than flyway, but might need more people before it takes off.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:31 pm

I like the flyway idea.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Tomkat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Goldfish wrote:I like the flyway idea.

Tomkat

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:16 am

I think for now flyways are the way to go. If there were thousands of members states might be good, but right now there are not enough members to make it worth having state forums, in my opinion. I like the flyway forum and hope it stays. Hopefully forever.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 am

Tomkat wrote:
Goldfish wrote:I like the flyway idea.

x3
goodkarmarising

Postby Tomkat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 am

Olly wrote:Should we drill it down further into state forums or keep it regional with the flyway forums?

The poll and comments seem to be overwhelming. What is your take on it Olly? Were you just kidding about adding those state forums?
Tomkat

Postby Olly » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 am

Tomkat wrote:
Olly wrote:Should we drill it down further into state forums or keep it regional with the flyway forums?

The poll and comments seem to be overwhelming. What is your take on it Olly? Were you just kidding about adding those state forums?

No I wasn't kidding, I was asking what the community wanted and they have spoken. If in the future they want state forums they'll get it. This is y'all's forum, I just keep the lights on.

:beer:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Ajverret » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Kinda like a motel 6
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 pm

I like the Region/flyway organization better. State forums are usually dead. Maybe do a little finer dividing like north/south MS flyway, north/south Atlantic flyway, etc...

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm ok with state forums as long as you don't make a California forum. We don't want or need that nonsense! :)
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:I'm ok with state forums as long as you don't make a California forum. We don't want or need that nonsense! :)

A CA forum is the one we want the most.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 pm

Flyways, state forums will attract to many NC guys!
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby huntfishnv » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 am

I'd like to see the flyway forums more active then they are now and I think if you went to state forums they would be even more slow.
huntfishnv

Postby Redbeard » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:46 am

Tiler_J wrote:I think for now flyways are the way to go. If there were thousands of members states might be good, but right now there are not enough members to make it worth having state forums, in my opinion. I like the flyway forum and hope it stays. Hopefully forever.

x2 bitches
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:04 am

Tiler_J wrote:I think for now flyways are the way to go. If there were thousands of members states might be good, but right now there are not enough members to make it worth having state forums, in my opinion. I like the flyway forum and hope it stays. Hopefully forever.

I agree with this. Someday there may be a need, but not yet. And the only way I see there being a "need" is if a group from one state takes over a specific flyway, and no one else wants to post. If that becomes the case, there may be a calling to separate the flyways into states, but even then, I would encourage more participation in the flyway forum...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby AKPirate » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:09 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:

I agree with this. Someday there may be a need, but not yet. And the only way I see there being a "need" is if a group from one state takes over a specific flyway, and no one else wants to post. If that becomes the case, there may be a calling to separate the flyways into states, but even then, I would encourage more participation in the flyway forum...

When the forum gets large enough, you will want to go to state forums so people can discuss local issues and meet for hunts. The forum now is great and no need. Would love to do the west coast hunt if they will invite me. :duck:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:46 am

AKPirate wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:

When the forum gets large enough, you will want to go to state forums so people can discuss local issues and meet for hunts. The forum now is great and no need. Would love to do the west coast hunt if they will invite me. :duck:

Do you want a formal invitation? Or will this be enough, you are invited. :thumbsup:
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Speaking of Alaskans, someone should invite blackbrant over here. I always enjoy reading his stories.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby AKPirate » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:05 am

3legged_lab wrote:Speaking of Alaskans, someone should invite blackbrant over here. I always enjoy reading his stories.

He does have good stuff. I may hunt with him this fall as well if he has time.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Return to Site Suggestions & Support