Contest Idea

Suggest ideas for the site or ask for help with the forums.

Contest Idea

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:09 am

So, we should have a Flyway based Season Total competition. Run it by having a thread in each flyway forum where everyone from that flyway posts up there season totals. The reward for the competition could be bragging rights and something under the name for each member from that flyway.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Re: Contest Idea

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:34 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:So, we should have a Flyway based Season Total competition. Run it by having a thread in each flyway forum where everyone from that flyway posts up there season totals. The reward for the competition could be bragging rights and something under the name for each member from that flyway.

Do you really expect a bunch of hunters and fishermen to be honest about numbers in a contest. :lol:

A better contest would be best tale of the hunt. Vote on the best hunting story from each flyway. Some of the best hunts don't even require you to kill a bird. The older you get D&B you will better understand what I'm talking about.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby jehler » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 am

Or we could just give the prize to the Mississippi flyway right now and avoid the trouble
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Tomkat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:05 am

jehler wrote:Or we could just give the prize to the Mississippi flyway right now and avoid the trouble

THIS

For me hunting is not about body counts or competing against people in other states. Its about being outdoors and enjoying time with friends. I think a contest takes something away from that, at least for me.

Jehler wins!! Mississippi flyway is # 1 again.

Congratulations John and Mississippi flyway! You guys are awesome!!

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
Tomkat

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:16 am

Tomkat wrote:
For me hunting is not about body counts or competing against people in other states. Its about being outdoors and enjoying time with friends. I think a contest takes something away from that, at least for me.

Just what I would expect someone from the MS flyway to say....
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby jarbo03 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:34 am

3legged_lab wrote:
Tomkat wrote:

Just what I would expect someone from the MS flyway to say....

Central flyway. Definitely don't get thw birds the MS and Pac do.

Sent from my new unbroken fully functional phone
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Tomkat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:11 pm

Tripod u need to spend more time reading your DU magazine and looking at the map

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
Last edited by Tomkat on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomkat

Postby goodkarmarising » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:01 pm

A better contest would be best tale of the hunt. Vote on the best hunting story from each flyway

This
goodkarmarising

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:So, we should have a Flyway based Season Total competition. Run it by having a thread in each flyway forum where everyone from that flyway posts up there season totals. The reward for the competition could be bragging rights and something under the name for each member from that flyway.

Do you really expect a bunch of hunters and fishermen to be honest about numbers in a contest. :lol:

A better contest would be best tale of the hunt. Vote on the best hunting story from each flyway. Some of the best hunts don't even require you to kill a bird. The older you get D&B you will better understand what I'm talking about.
how will we know if the stories are true? They'll all sound like your fish stories
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Tomkat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:04 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

how will we know if the stories are true? They'll all sound like your fish stories

They will no matter what.
Tomkat

Postby assateague » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:57 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:
A better contest would be best tale of the hunt. Vote on the best hunting story from each flyway

This

I'm in.
assateague

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:

Aaron you never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby Tomkat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:38 pm

assateague wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:

This

I'm in.

Seems like an awful lot of work. How about if the OP writes up the story, then we all jump in and tear him to pieces?
Tomkat

Postby 3geese4me » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:59 pm

The states with the snow geese could really put up some numbers. Would this be group totals or individual numbers? Perhaps a separate category for ducks and geese? I say this because me and my friends stacked up the geese like cord wood. No matter how long the pac flyways season is they can't keep up with a group of guys targeting snows.

But I am also down for best tale as well.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:24 pm

assateague wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:

This

I'm in.

Assa is gonna bullshit his way to the top of this contest.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Tomkat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:30 pm

3geese4me wrote:The states with the snow geese could really put up some numbers. Would this be group totals or individual numbers? Perhaps a separate category for ducks and geese? I say this because me and my friends stacked up the geese like cord wood. No matter how long the pac flyways season is they can't keep up with a group of guys targeting snows.

Well thats different. My neighbors step son shot over 600 snows last season in one day...
Tomkat

Postby triplecurl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:01 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
assateague wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:

This

I'm in.

Assa is gonna bullshit his way to the top of this contest.

Yep Assa would definitely win the tale of the hunt contest.
triplecurl

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:23 pm

The MS flyway has RIck, we automatically win.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby 3geese4me » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Tomkat wrote:
3geese4me wrote:The states with the snow geese could really put up some numbers. Would this be group totals or individual numbers? Perhaps a separate category for ducks and geese? I say this because me and my friends stacked up the geese like cord wood. No matter how long the pac flyways season is they can't keep up with a group of guys targeting snows.

Well thats different. My neighbors step son shot over 600 snows last season in one day...

My friends and I shot 1000 in 10 days during the spring.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Bootlipkiller wrote:

That's an even better idea. I hadn't thought about the honest of people telling there numbers. :lol:
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Return to Site Suggestions & Support