PSA: Tapatalk Classic FREE

Suggest ideas for the site or ask for help with the forums.

PSA: Tapatalk Classic FREE

Postby Olly » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:12 pm

I absolutely hate Tapatalk. The company has taken their once useful product and bastardized it into a monstrosity. They know they have a monopoly on what they do and are taking advantage of this.

I found out that the first version of Tapatalk is now open source meaning it's free to use. I have attached it to this post and anyone with an android phone, I encourage you to use this version instead of their latest crap.

iPhone users, I'm sorry but the way that Apple controls the software that can go on your phone means that you will continue to have to use whatever software they shove in your face and I will try to keep the forum up to date with what Tapatalk is doing.

Android users if you want to use the old Tapatalk just download and install from your mobile phone.

tapatalk_classic.apk
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: PSA: Tapatalk Classic FREE

Postby assateague » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:01 pm

I've avoided it so far. I still have the version I paid $2.99 for, thank goodness.
assateague

Re: PSA: Tapatalk Classic FREE

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Thank you Olly. I'm glad that I had to deal with the new/free version for only a few days.

I'm not an android guru, but I have a tip for anyone that is having trouble getting the file to open as apk files can be a pain.

Download the file to your computer, then email it to a gmail account. Open it on your phone, and save it. You phone may already have an apk installer, and will download it automatically after you save the file. If it doesn't download right away, you will need to get an apk reader of some sort to open it (free in the play store). "Astro File Manager" is a good one...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Return to Site Suggestions & Support