Takes some time...

Suggest ideas for the site or ask for help with the forums.

Takes some time...

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:05 pm

WFF has been pretty slow for me since last night and I know some others were saying something about it? What's the problem with it Olly?
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Re: Takes some time...

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Other Web pages up to speed?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Other Web pages up to speed?

Yeah, internet connection is strong, and everything else is running good. Just WFF that is being slow for me.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:21 pm

I dunno bud, it works fine for me. The problem other people were talking about was something else.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Olly wrote:I dunno bud, it works fine for me. The problem other people were talking about was something else.

Hmmm, ok.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:25 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
Olly wrote:I dunno bud, it works fine for me. The problem other people were talking about was something else.

Hmmm, ok.

Let me know if it seems faster to you, I've know for a while that we were approaching the limits of our current main server and I will need to upgrade to a most costly but "bigger" server soon. I've made some changes to hopefully further optimize the loading speed.

Probably would have been done a lot sooner had I not been roped into another hot debate up in the CI forum! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:27 pm

Its doing a lot better than it was earlier today.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Look down at the bottom of the page, if you're on the web page. You will see a time marker, that is how long it takes for the server to send you all the required data to build the page. Lower is better but times up to 5-8 seconds would be considered "normal". If you feel like a page was slow look down there and note the time it took.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Olly wrote:Look down at the bottom of the page, if you're on the web page. You will see a time marker, that is how long it takes for the server to send you all the required data to build the page. Lower is better but times up to 5-8 seconds would be considered "normal". If you feel like a page was slow look down there and note the time it took.

You talking about this?

WaterfowlForum.Net © 2012-2014
Time : 0.915s | 24 Queries | GZIP : Off
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Yes
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Right now I'm at 4.336.
R. Chapman

Postby Olly » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Hey guys, how's the speed been today?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:02 am

Olly wrote:Hey guys, how's the speed been today?

Hell of a lot better. If you did something to fix it, thanks!
R. Chapman

Postby AKPirate » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:04 am

Couldn't get on WFF for about 30 mikes and now it's good
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:42 am

AKPirate wrote:Couldn't get on WFF for about 30 mikes and now it's good

Had some issues similar to that also tonight. I had a few instances where I would already be here and would go to load a page like selecting a thread and it would say browser unable to connect to site or something similar. If I continued to try to open WFF back up I'd get the same. So, when it happened, I just closed the browser out and reopened it.

Olly wrote:Look down at the bottom of the page, if you're on the web page. You will see a time marker, that is how long it takes for the server to send you all the required data to build the page. Lower is better but times up to 5-8 seconds would be considered "normal". If you feel like a page was slow look down there and note the time it took.

Olly, are you sure you don't mean .8-.9 seconds? 8-9 seconds is way slower than what is normal usually. I know on phones it's slower but, even for a phone 8-9 seconds seems real slow to me.
QH's Paw

Postby Tomkat » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:12 am

Its never been slow for me
Tomkat

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:48 am

AKPirate wrote:Couldn't get on WFF for about 30 mikes and now it's good

Being a mod you should have access to the bat phone. You should just call up those Globals or Admin and wake their ass up to fix it. :lol:
QH's Paw

Postby Olly » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:46 am

So right now the only people affected by this mysterious outage at midnight are Northwest guys.

Nothing in my logs so anything funny at all. Do me a favour guys, at night then this first goes on please note the start times and then please note when you're first able to get back online. I need to know exactly when this is happening and for how long.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:17 am

I couldn't get on for a while last night either. For at least 10 minutes before AK posted about it. I tried tapatalk, my phone's browser, and my laptop. No dice.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:24 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:I couldn't get on for a while last night either. For at least 10 minutes before AK posted about it. I tried tapatalk, my phone's browser, and my laptop. No dice.

I had trouble yesterday morning but it was under a minute. No biggie.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:26 am

Feelin' Fowl wrote:I couldn't get on for a while last night either. For at least 10 minutes before AK posted about it. I tried tapatalk, my phone's browser, and my laptop. No dice.

Next time it happens please note the start and end time of your problem.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Return to Site Suggestions & Support