Admin announcements

Suggest ideas for the site or ask for help with the forums.

Admin announcements

Postby Olly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:47 am

Gonna make this a running thread where I give announcements about the site instead of making new topics every time.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: Admin announcements

Postby Olly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:50 am

Ads on the site will now only been shown to non registers guest. I've never liked blasting you guys with ads and for a time you could donate to get rid of them but now any registered user does not have to be over loaded with ads.

If anyone donated money to WFF in the 2014 time frame please PM me. I cleared off the "supporter" ranks a few days ago thinking no one had donated recently. I was informed that I was wrong so if you did let me know!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 am

THERE HAS BEEN A RULE CHANGE.

Rule 4 which previously stated.

stay within the topic area of the forum you are posting a message in. All post are subject to being moved if off topic for the parent forum.

Has been changed to.

If you create a topic it is your responsibility to provide the content to keep your thread on-topic. You will keep topics within the appropriate sub-forum. Taking a topic off-topic to purposefully offend/troll the original poster will not be tolerated.

It has 3 points to it.

1. The user is responsible for keeping their thread on topic. If you start a thread that is one sentence long and expect people to stay on that topic you are wrong. You need to provide the members with something to discuss.
2. As always please start your threads in the right sub-forum. I.E. Shotgun threads go in the shotgun forum. Boat threads go in the boat forum.
3. Taking someone's thread off topic on purpose is against the rules. Have some respect for the poster if you know that they want their thread to stay on topic and it has content don't derail it on purpose.

I have spent the last few days thinking about this issue and this, at least to me is a good common sense approach to handling this issue.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:54 pm

Announcing the addition of member logbooks to the forums.

The way this will work is there is an entire form set aside for this. If you would like to get in on this you will PM me and I will create you an individual sub-forum for you to have control over. Within that forum you can post as many topics or set your log up however you see fit. Non logbook owners will not have permissions to start new topics within your logbook but will have permissions to reply to your logs. Logbook owners have the ability to lock their own topics.

If you have any questions or would like to start a 2014-2015 log book please let me know.

Please only ask for one if you intend to utilize it. If this new forum does not get used a lot after this season we may remove it. So if you want it here make use of it.

Thank you Rick for the idea and pushing to get this going. Rick I have gone ahead and taken the liberty of getting your logbook setup.

The logbook section can be found on the main page of the forums.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:54 am

I have upped the size of images you can upload to the from from 2MB to 5MB. I hope that helps some people who've been having issues with new smart phones.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:36 pm

Just a quick announcement.

All of the advertising contracts I had have now expired and I have chosen not to renew any new ones. I didn't like from the start how the advertising constrained the freedom of the members here and not having advertising will allow WFF to return to it's more "free" atmosphere of it's start. So if any member sees a company advertising on the boards it's spam and please report it to myself or a moderator.

I've also made a change to the classifieds. New members must now have a minimum of 10 posts to sell personal items on WFF. They have been restricted by board settings from posting in classifieds section until they reach 10 post so if you see them posting personal ads else where please report it as well.

In other news, I will be doing a big update to the forum software soon. Just need to finish coding the WFF theme and a few personal mods to the software to help fight spam. I will keep you guys up to date when the forum will go down and that change will happen.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Return to Site Suggestions & Support