Dove

Suggest ideas for the site or ask for help with the forums.

Dove

Postby duckkillerclyde » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:49 am

A dove forum would be nice as they are not upland birds and are migratory. They don't really fit anywhere else. Maybe it there should be a dove/crow forum. Both, dove especially seem to be very popular for the waterfowl hunter but nothing irritates me more than when dove are bunched with upland. It is almost as offensive as calling an illegal alien an American. (American was used in the context of calling citizens of the United States of America, Americans.)
duckkillerclyde

Dove

Postby TNAL45 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:48 am

duckkillerclyde wrote: It is almost as offensive as calling an illegal alien an American. (American was used in the context of calling citizens of the United States of America, Americans.)

But what if they are an illegal immigrant from Mexico and are also North American? :huh:
I refuse to play any sport that considers water a "hazard".
TNAL45

Re: Dove

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:52 am

Mexico is in central america.... O-3

Dove section sounds like a good idea, im sure Olly will entertain that.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:57 am

So I decided to do a strictly upland bird hunt with some buddies last year. We shot like 30 doves. It was a great day.
WisconsinWaterfowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:03 am

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:So I decided to do a strictly upland bird hunt with some buddies last year. We shot like 30 doves. It was a great day.

I really consider birds like quail and pheasant to be upland. I i dont know your method for hunting dove up there but down here we do dove shoots where you hide around the edges of a field and wait on them, not by flushing them like with upland birds.
Same with crows, Hide in the bushes, put out an owl decoy in a tree, play a crow vs owl fight tape, NEVER SHOOT THE FIRST ONE. then blast away when they all come in.
To me its a totally different kind of hunting. just my .02
FlintRiverFowler

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:12 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:So I decided to do a strictly upland bird hunt with some buddies last year. We shot like 30 doves. It was a great day.

I really consider birds like quail and pheasant to be upland. I i dont know your method for hunting dove up there but down here we do dove shoots where you hide around the edges of a field and wait on them, not by flushing them like with upland birds.
To me its a different kind of hunting. just my .02

We usually set up big nets all around sunflower fields and when all the doves are settled in and feeding we scare them up and they fly into the nets. Then we take each one and clip their wings and throw them in a field. They jump and cant fly and then we shoot them.
WisconsinWaterfowler

Dove

Postby TNAL45 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:16 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Mexico is in central america.... O-3

It is part of the continent of North America chief, and central America still has America in the name.
I refuse to play any sport that considers water a "hazard".
TNAL45

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:27 am

TheDude wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Mexico is in central america.... O-3

It is part of the continent of North America chief, and central America still has America in the name.

Whoa Whoa hang on now.Refer to rule number 1 on this forum. Ive never heard anyone call someone chief out of respect.
also refer to the new rule. (see below)

Rule # 13- Mexico is in central america.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 am

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

To me its a different kind of hunting. just my .02

We usually set up big nets all around sunflower fields and when all the doves are settled in and feeding we scare them up and they fly into the nets. Then we take each one and clip their wings and throw them in a field. They jump and cant fly and then we shoot them.

just trying to point out the differences, sorry if i offended you.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:36 am

Clyde suggestion noted and if in the future I see more dove related post I just might add one. Thanks for the good advice O-BB-O
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Return to Site Suggestions & Support