Xtrema 2 chokes

Xtrema 2 chokes

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:41 am

Still need to pick up some new chokes for the new boomstick even though I hear the factory chokes from berretta are better than most. I prefer to have extended chokes and usually pick up carlson's. I prefer to shoot Kent #3 and trying to make up my mind which chokes to get.

What is considered to be the actual measurement of what is called modified, improved, light mod etc? All chokes I have found are measured different for what they say the choke is.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Xtrema 2 chokes

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:38 am

I've shot Briley and pattermaster chokes through the following guns @ 15 yards @ 20 yards @ 30 yards @ 40 yards

M2
SBEII
SBEII
Xtreama 2
Xtreama 2
Cordoba
Supersport
Onyx
Nova
Nova
Nova
Tekneys
Ultra light

I used Remingtons, Kents, xperts, son of a hevi shot, hevi metal, hevi shot, federal blue box, estate.

What I found out is that I wasted $150 on chokes and $300 on ammo because the factory choke patterned better in all of those guns.
duckkillerclyde

Xtrema 2 chokes

Postby jehler » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Patternmaster is best with larger (1 and over) slower shot. Plays hell with the small fast stuff. The briley extended chokes are very high quality chokes. What constrictions did you pattern Clyde?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:22 pm

jehler wrote:Patternmaster is best with larger (1 and over) slower shot. Plays hell with the small fast stuff. The briley extended chokes are very high quality chokes. What constrictions did you pattern Clyde?

what do you mean constrictions
duckkillerclyde

Xtrema 2 chokes

Postby jehler » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Constriction is the diameter of the choke. A 12 gauge barrel for the most part is around .725 - .730. You choke is a reduction of that diameter. Manufactures call chokes fulls, extra fully, extended range, mid range etc. but the amount of constriction is the true value of the choke. Look fr numbers like .715, .695, .675 which are the inside diameter of the choke. It lets you k ow how much smaller the choke is than your barrel and thus the constriction of the choke
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:39 pm

I don't have the briley anymore. I will have to look at the pattern master if I can find it.
duckkillerclyde

Xtrema 2 chokes

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:44 pm

jehler wrote:Constriction is the diameter of the choke. A 12 gauge barrel for the most part is around .725 - .730. You choke is a reduction of that diameter. Manufactures call chokes fulls, extra fully, extended range, mid range etc. but the amount of constriction is the true value of the choke. Look fr numbers like .715, .695, .675 which are the inside diameter of the choke. It lets you k ow how much smaller the choke is than your barrel and thus the constriction of the choke

What constrictions are considered by most to meet their classification? ie. modified, improved, improved mod etc.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby dog walker » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:45 am

In my xtrema 2 I've seen some rounds pattern better with aftermarket chokes and some better with stock. Some seemed almost the same with just small differences in percentages.

I've only checked the stock chokes against briley chokes.
dog walker

Postby Shaun Patrick » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:24 pm

hevi shot chokes, cheap and great, you basically get two for the price of one pattern master. A lot of my buddies have actually switched from pattern master to the hevi tubes. Personally I shoot the mid range, and it hardly ever comes out of my gun.
Shaun Patrick

Return to Reloading & Shotshell Forum