Crimps

Crimps

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Just ran a six point crimp starter over my Fed GM hulls making some pretty ugly crimps that caught up the top of the wad. Cut apart and start over or no?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Crimps

Postby jehler » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Pics
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Does it look like an anus?
assateague

Postby jehler » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Lol, wife staring
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby huntntech » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 pm

:lol:
huntntech

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 pm

assateague wrote:Does it look like an anus?

It has an extra fold hanging over like it spent the night at Jarbo's
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
assateague wrote:Does it look like an anus?

It has an extra fold hanging over like it spent the night at Jarbo's

Sooooo, then yes?

sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm guessing will shoot fine but will have a slight velocity drop, maybe?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358477202.061572.jpg

Do love this load, crimps very nicely when done right. Without even dropping the cam on it a second time to taper more

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358477253.055075.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Don't bother with th six then
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:55 pm

I did a whole box of the 6 before my dumbass figured out the issue. Scrap em?
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 pm

All shells like that go in the "monkey bag" the J's don't know the difference
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Flightstopper wrote:I'm guessing will shoot fine but will have a slight velocity drop, maybe?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358477202.061572.jpg

Do love this load, crimps very nicely when done right. Without even dropping the cam on it a second time to taper more

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358477253.055075.jpg

I will take all your fuck ups. Definitely shot worse.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Ill pattern a couple before I hunt them.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jarbo03 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:15 pm

I would shoot them. I throw all bad crimps aside, use them to finish out season or emergencies, never noticed a difference in performance.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby BrewGUN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 am

jehler wrote:All shells like that go in the "monkey bag" the J's don't know the difference

They worked for me, most of the time.

Just use them for buffie loads or to piss off the guy who sets up 75 yards next to ya;)
BrewGUN

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:40 pm

You guys ever make confetti loads? I might be interested in a box of that, but I'll have to find some "light weight load" box to put them in for my friends.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Goldfish wrote:You guys ever make confetti loads? I might be interested in a box of that, but I'll have to find some "light weight load" box to put them in for my friends.

That would be funny as shit. Maybe you could add sand for weight to make them less noticable.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm

If someone is making confetti loads I'd like a few. I'm not worried about the weight, I'll just slip one in the pipe on somebody when they are not looking or taking a piss.

Sort of similar note, I need someones contact info to leave in my will so some of my ashes can be mixed with shot and get taken on one last hunt after my death.

Either that or mix me up with vinegar and and put me in a douche bottle. Send me down to the whore house and run me through one more time.

Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:10 pm

I'd donate money for someone to make a box to run with the emperor's replacement next year.

(would that be breaking some silly rules to ship ammo across state lines, even if it isn't real ammo?)
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby jehler » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Ammo has to be sent om-d or some shit, little more money and ground only
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:46 pm

3legged_lab wrote:If someone is making confetti loads I'd like a few. I'm not worried about the weight, I'll just slip one in the pipe on somebody when they are not looking or taking a piss.

Sort of similar note, I need someones contact info to leave in my will so some of my ashes can be mixed with shot and get taken on one last hunt after my death.

Either that or mix me up with vinegar and and put me in a douche bottle. Send me down to the whore house and run me through one more time.

I'll load your ashes
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby BrewGUN » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Goldfish wrote:You guys ever make confetti loads? I might be interested in a box of that, but I'll have to find some "light weight load" box to put them in for my friends.

That would be funny as shit. Maybe you could add sand for weight to make them less noticable.

the barge has seen its share of "cut-feather loads". Im just putting it out there, dont ever trust your gun with anyone hunting on the barge, especially Jgun or Jr!
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:27 pm

3legged_lab wrote:If someone is making confetti loads I'd like a few. I'm not worried about the weight, I'll just slip one in the pipe on somebody when they are not looking or taking a piss.

Beat me to it. I want the same thing. The shells. Not the dirty vaginas.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:28 pm

assateague wrote:

Be honest now!
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:45 pm

jehler wrote:

I'll load your ashes

Thanks. But what makes you think you'll out live me?

assateague wrote:

What would it matter at that point?

3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby cannon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:50 am

I load up a few powder/feather loads every season and mix them into my brother in law's shells. 32 grains Alliant steel powder, csd0118 wad, as close to an oz of flour as I can get & top it off with duck feathers. Pisses him off and jams up his gun every time.
Nick Roehl wrote:I am used to working hard and was taught to be a man at a young age. I am 33 with a couple college degrees and I take my job as webmaster for Flyway Media seriously.
cannon

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:58 am

cannon wrote:I load up a few powder/feather loads every season and mix them into my brother in law's shells. 32 grains Alliant steel powder, csd0118 wad, as close to an oz of flour as I can get & top it off with duck feathers. Pisses him off and jams up his gun every time.

Sounds like a fine recipe
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:23 pm

cannon wrote:I load up a few powder/feather loads every season and mix them into my brother in law's shells. 32 grains Alliant steel powder, csd0118 wad, as close to an oz of flour as I can get & top it off with duck feathers. Pisses him off and jams up his gun every time.

Primer and hull?
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby cannon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Flightstopper wrote:

Primer and hull?

Cheddites, always. I loaded some shells for him in "white gold" hulls (Gamebore/cheddite) a few years back, and they're all he'll shoot now.
Nick Roehl wrote:I am used to working hard and was taught to be a man at a young age. I am 33 with a couple college degrees and I take my job as webmaster for Flyway Media seriously.
cannon

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:39 pm

cannon wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:

Primer and hull?

Cheddites, always. I loaded some shells for him in "white gold" hulls (Gamebore/cheddite) a few years back, and they're all he'll shoot now.

Right on
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Reloading & Shotshell Forum