Benches!

Re: Benches!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon May 13, 2013 9:30 pm

cannon wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:That bench top has a beautiful grain

Lucked into a piece of birch ply with funky grain at homo-d in the sale bin. It's just 3/4 birch ply glued & screwed onto 3 other 3/4" pieces of regular ply resting on. 2x6 frame thats lag bolted to the wall. You could park a truck on it, though.

Looks damn good no matter what it is. Never would have guessed that was plywood and 2x6's.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby cannon » Mon May 13, 2013 9:41 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
cannon wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:That bench top has a beautiful grain

Lucked into a piece of birch ply with funky grain at homo-d in the sale bin. It's just 3/4 birch ply glued & screwed onto 3 other 3/4" pieces of regular ply resting on. 2x6 frame thats lag bolted to the wall. You could park a truck on it, though.

Looks damn good no matter what it is. Never would have guessed that was plywood and 2x6's.

Thank you, sir. You can hide a lot of cheapness with gel stain & minwax spar urethane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nick Roehl wrote:I am used to working hard and was taught to be a man at a young age. I am 33 with a couple college degrees and I take my job as webmaster for Flyway Media seriously.
cannon

Postby Flightstopper » Mon May 27, 2013 6:44 pm

War room phase one completed today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369698263.699376.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369698280.687882.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:23 pm

Finally got around to putting some buckets and shelves up. A little organization is very nice.

Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:01 pm

huntfishnv wrote:Lets see those reloading benches, I need some inspiration.

If I put a picture up, the government will be after my ass.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby jehler » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:21 pm

R. Chapman wrote:

If I put a picture up, the government will be after my ass.
wow...really
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:32 pm

I can have a picture up later when the battery is done charging. Lets just say it needs some "organization".
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:35 pm

R. Chapman wrote:I can have a picture up later when the battery is done charging. Lets just say it needs some "organization".

Im pretty sure that organization isn't illegal.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:44 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:I can have a picture up later when the battery is done charging. Lets just say it needs some "organization".

Im pretty sure that organization isn't illegal.

And I still need to find the time to clean it up.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:41 pm

This is a reloading room from hell. I hope this isn't a glimpse of inspiration, :lol: !

image.jpg
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:00 pm

That's not far off from what mine looked like a few months ago.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379984385.775997.jpg

All cleaned up now though.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379984449.567371.jpg
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Holy hoarders batman
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:06 pm

WTF! Fire hazard.

Sent from my Vox Mortem

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Not a damn fire hazard to be found, you can't see the closet in the pic but I keep all the primers in there and powder as you can see out in the open. Yeah it's pretty bad and considering the room is only 10'x8'
Last edited by R. Chapman on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:13 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Not a damn fire hazard to be found, you can't see the closet in the pic but I keep all the primers in there and powder as you can see out in the open. Yeah it's pretty bad and considering the room is only 10'x8'
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:14 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Not a damn fire hazard to be found, you can see the closet in the pic but I keep all the primers in there and powder as you can see out in the open. Yeah it's pretty bad and considering the room is only 10'x8'

If I was a fireman in your area I'd let your house burn to the ground. No way I'd go into that.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:16 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Not a damn fire hazard to be found, you can see the closet in the pic but I keep all the primers in there and powder as you can see out in the open. Yeah it's pretty bad and considering the room is only 10'x8'

If I was a fireman in your area I'd let your house burn to the ground. No way I'd go into that.

Well the only thing that would burn to the ground if that thing caught on fire is the shed...
Last edited by R. Chapman on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:16 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:

I have 10lbs of powder right next to a box of 1000primers with cardboard piled around. Probably not the best idea. Maybe I'll move the powder down into the gun safe.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:18 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Well the only thing that would burn to the ground if that thing caught on fire is the shed...

I have seen worse. I know of a house that has 20+ propane tanks in the basement.

Sent from my Vox Mortem

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:20 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

I have seen worse. I know of a house that has 20+ propane tanks in the basement.

Sent from my Vox Mortem

I just got done counting how many pounds of unopened powder I have:235 pounds exactly.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Holy Shit! :shock:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby jehler » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:24 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

I have 10lbs of powder right next to a box of 1000primers with cardboard piled around. Probably not the best idea. Maybe I'll move the powder down into the gun safe.
NO! Powder out in the open in a fire will just burn off fast, in a safe it becomes a bomb if it gets hot.
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 pm

jehler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

NO! Powder out in the open in a fire will just burn off fast, in a safe it becomes a bomb if it gets hot.

No shit, with all your guns.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 pm

And now I have to run as Feds are on my ass, see you fellas later.
R. Chapman

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
jehler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

It's supposed to be fireproof, but you got a point. Still gonna move the extra out of my room though.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:40 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
jehler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:[quote="R. Chapman"]Not a damn fire hazard to be found, you can see the closet in the pic but I keep all the primers in there and powder as you can see out in the open. Yeah it's pretty bad and considering the room is only 10'x8'

It's supposed to be fireproof, but you got a point. Still gonna move the extra out of my room though.[/quote]

From fires in the outside. There is still plenty of O2 in the safe for a boom.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:
jehler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="The Duck Hammer"][quote="R. Chapman"]Not a damn fire hazard to be found, you can see the closet in the pic but I keep all the primers in there and powder as you can see out in the open. Yeah it's pretty bad and considering the room is only 10'x8'

It's supposed to be fireproof, but you got a point. Still gonna move the extra out of my room though.[/quote]

From fires in the outside. There is still plenty of O2 in the safe for a boom.[/quote]powder provides its own o2, it depends on if the safe got hit enough, don't risk it. They make powder cabinets that are made to vent off I'm the event of a fire, that's what you se powder in at most sporting good stores
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby RonE » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 pm

R. Chapman wrote:

This is a reloading room from hell. I hope this isn't a glimpse of inspiration, :lol: !

image.jpg

Why don't we see a Ponsness-Warren shotshell reloader in the picture? Thought you busted lots of clays?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby R. Chapman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:49 pm

RonE wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

image.jpg

Why don't we see a Ponsness-Warren shotshell reloader in the picture? Thought you busted lots of clays?

Ain't got time to set one of the damn things up! Le ol' MEC Sizemaster does just fine.
R. Chapman

Postby augerin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:35 am

Reloading Room......10ga, 20ga,12ga
augerin

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading & Shotshell Forum