Boom

Re: Boom

Postby jehler » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:44 am

cannon wrote:
jehler wrote:Cannon I'm coming down either New Year's Day or the day before, early for the Byers hunt and staying the two days before at Brian's place. We need to make sure we meet up at some point

Dude, you are so NOT staying at Brian's house. You're staying at the Trigger Happy Hunting Club, and I'll personally ensure that there's gas in the grill and a couple rib eyes in the fridge with your names on em.
oh boy, that sounds fun, we'll have to all talk when the time gets closer, I've tucked away hotel money regardless, it's a fair bet that after meeting me Brian and you tell me to get lost
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby cannon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:52 am

jehler wrote:
cannon wrote:
jehler wrote:Cannon I'm coming down either New Year's Day or the day before, early for the Byers hunt and staying the two days before at Brian's place. We need to make sure we meet up at some point

Dude, you are so NOT staying at Brian's house. You're staying at the Trigger Happy Hunting Club, and I'll personally ensure that there's gas in the grill and a couple rib eyes in the fridge with your names on em.
oh boy, that sounds fun, we'll have to all talk when the time gets closer, I've tucked away hotel money regardless, it's a fair bet that after meeting me Brian and you tell me to get lost

Nope, it's on. If I decide you're a huge prick like Meredith and I can't stomach another minute with you, I'll just go home.
Nick Roehl wrote:I am used to working hard and was taught to be a man at a young age. I am 33 with a couple college degrees and I take my job as webmaster for Flyway Media seriously.
cannon

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:19 pm

What kind of floor finish is that? I like it.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby cannon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:What kind of floor finish is that? I like it.

Poorly done acid stain. I did it myself, and I gimped up the sealant. Was cheap, though. I've got less than $350 in roughly 1,700 sq feet on the bottom floor, including the sealant.
Nick Roehl wrote:I am used to working hard and was taught to be a man at a young age. I am 33 with a couple college degrees and I take my job as webmaster for Flyway Media seriously.
cannon

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:12 am

cannon wrote:

Poorly done acid stain. I did it myself, and I gimped up the sealant. Was cheap, though. I've got less than $350 in roughly 1,700 sq feet on the bottom floor, including the sealant.

Like an acid color etch?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby cannon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:07 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
cannon wrote:

Like an acid color etch?

Yup. Spray it on bare concrete, scrub with a push-broom, de-activate with baking soda & water or ammonia, and mop the crap out of it till its clean, and that's it.

We did all that right. We then went on to put down a clear sealant, which was where I screwed it up. I had hydrostatic pressure under the concrete, which I was unaware of, and moisture bled up through the concrete & fouled up the sealant, causing milky spots. It's a shame, too, because the floor was beautiful before that.

Looked like this:

cannon

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:29 am

cannon wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
cannon wrote:

Like an acid color etch?

Yup. Spray it on bare concrete, scrub with a push-broom, de-activate with baking soda & water or ammonia, and mop the crap out of it till its clean, and that's it.

We did all that right. We then went on to put down a clear sealant, which was where I screwed it up. I had hydrostatic pressure under the concrete, which I was unaware of, and moisture bled up through the concrete & fouled up the sealant, causing milky spots. It's a shame, too, because the floor was beautiful before that.

Looked like this:

That looks awesome. I've never gotten that many colors out of any I've done. How far did you burn the concrete? Also, what brand of sealer did you use? I've had to strip sealers off with xylene a couple times because of the same probblem you had.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:29 am

cannon wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
cannon wrote:

Like an acid color etch?

Looked like this:

That looks awesome. I've never gotten that many colors out of any I've done. How far did you burn the concrete? Also, what brand of sealer did you use? I've had to strip sealers off with xylene a couple times because of the same probblem you had.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby cannon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:32 am

I used eagle brand acid. I didn't dilute it, and I let it sit for about 4 hours before I neutralized it. The sealant I used was an outdoor by eagle as well. What I found was that when the plumber opened his rough-ins, water sprung up. I had a small lake under the concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
cannon

Postby goosepit2007 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:06 pm

canon

the building looks really nice the colors of the floor is perty cool, i have never let the acid set that long before the next time i will have to try that and see if i will get all those differrent swirls of colors.

looks like your well on your way to having a very nice place for your lodge...
goosepit2007

Previous

Return to Reloading & Shotshell Forum