Hevi Shot reloaders!!!

Hevi Shot reloaders!!!

Postby Shaun Patrick » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Guys this was just sent out to me from EMI HQ, if any of you have had an issue with this please let me know ASAP, and I will get you in touch with who you need to speak with over at EMI. Thanks Fellas :beer:

Attention HEVI-Shot Fans

Recently we have been contacted by a leading outdoor writer who shared the
following information with us:
An issue has come up about which I think you should be aware. Recently
several reloaders have contacted me with questions concerning their
reloading a nontoxic shot product they have purchased at Buck¹s Run Sports
Supply which the reloaders call and are led to believe is HEVI-13®.

I have asked each reloader as they contact me to send me samples, but have
never received any. All I can ferret out is that the alleged HEVI-13
pellets are being packaged in plastic ³jars² or sometimes bags that have
some form of spelling of the word ³HEVI² or ³HEAVY² and the numeral ³13²
handwritten but not printed on the shot container. I can¹t get to the
bottom of this because I can¹t get any samples. And the Buck¹s Run
website is of no help because it¹s a mess and currently dysfunctional.
Can¹t even get their phone number.

The reloaders have given me various descriptions of what the alleged
HEVI-13 pellets look like being sold by Buck¹s Run and those descriptions
vary from ³silver-colored² to ³quite round² to ³looks like they have a
faint band around the middle,² all of which tells me that the pellets are
definitely NOT HEVI-13 pellets. They are some other shot product obtained
from some other supplier which I suspect is the same source from which
Ballistic Products obtains the pellets it calls its ³ITX Shot.²

At any rate, it appears to me there are numerous reloaders out there being
duped by Buck¹s Run that they are purchasing HEVI-13 pellets. The
purchasers are convinced that the pellets are both 13 density and
Environ-Metal¹s HEVI-13® product.
We have never sold HEVI-13® pellets to any source. When purchasing
HEVI-Shot® pellets please purchase them from a qualified reloading house
such as Ballistic Products. We will begin offering bulk HEVI-Shot®
pellets direct from the factory by fall of this year.
Shaun Patrick

Re: Hevi Shot reloaders!!!

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:36 pm

Bucks Run calls it Heavy Weight (HW) shot, which I see as no problem. They even call it a replacement forhevi-shot. Any loader that believes they are buying Hevi-shot or EM products, the fault is on them IMO.

Sent from my new unbroken fully functional phone
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:51 pm

The Shaun Patrick?

You should come around more often...
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby jehler » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Bucks run is the Ernie's trailer supply of the reloading world. I hate that place
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby everythings ducky » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:30 am

I called Buck Run Sports a month ago and a year ago when I read about reloaders (toasty) using the heavyweight 13 shot. It was clear on Toasty's write up that this shot was very different than hevi shot and he showed pictures of the shot and said that the tungston mixture was softer than hevi shot. It was clear that the heavyweight shot was a lot rounder. Buck Run was clear that they were selling heavyweight 13 shot and that it was not hevi shot. I like that the heavyweight 13 shot is much rounder and softer than heavi shot making it have possibly better performance and easier on the barrels. It's a lot cheaper too. Currently Hevi shot is not much cheaper than Tungston Super Shot (TSS) and TSS is far superior. Heavyweight 13 looks like a great cheaper alternative to me.

I have had nothing but great service from Buck Run. Go to Duck Hunting Chat and you will find a thread talking about this. St Patrick are you a Hevi shot pro staff as stated over at DHC by some well respected reloaders? At the very least, you are spreading rumor without proof. I heard from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from another friend who was told by an outdoor writer that we don't know who that is. Hevi shot is calling the kettle black. They are the ones who mislead hunters by putting lighter density shot in their duck loads and didn't make it clear they were making the change in the advertizing.

After saying that, I have always loved the performance of true 12g Hevi shot. Unfortunately it got too expensive to shoot. $327+ for 10 pounds is a lot!!
everythings ducky

Postby TanD » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:14 pm

Ive been thinking on getting into reloading 3 1/2" waterfowl loads. ive been around a lot of reloading but have never done it. im still researching but am looking for a powerfull load that is good for knocking down big geese at long lange. im not really interested in heavi shot due to the price of the shot. im hoping for a shot that is a little cheaper. i ran across this heavi 13 and called this company this morning that sells the shot. lol its the same bucks sports company. im from colorado so never herd of it. if anyone has any advice on loads or shot, or this heavi 13 I would appreciate the help.
TanD

Postby jehler » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 am

TanD wrote:Ive been thinking on getting into reloading 3 1/2" waterfowl loads. ive been around a lot of reloading but have never done it. im still researching but am looking for a powerfull load that is good for knocking down big geese at long lange. im not really interested in heavi shot due to the price of the shot. im hoping for a shot that is a little cheaper. i ran across this heavi 13 and called this company this morning that sells the shot. lol its the same bucks sports company. im from colorado so never herd of it. if anyone has any advice on loads or shot, or this heavi 13 I would appreciate the help.
you won't need 3.5's if your using the hevi 13 or hevi shot, an ounce and a half of 4's will put down geese at crazy ranges and will pattern awesome with little work. If you have the skill set it's a good value relative to steel. If your the pray and spray type the a 3.5 nick load of steel bb or BBB will be your best bet on long geese
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby TanD » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Is there anyone out there that has actually had their hands on this heavy 13 and actually loaded it and shot it ? In getting many mixed opinions on this shot. Many say its a scam basically. I haven't finished checking into this but I think federal uses some Heavyweight shot in turkey loads
TanD

Return to Reloading & Shotshell Forum