Reloading with Rex.

Reloading with Rex.

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:48 pm

assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Re: Reloading with Rex.

Postby AKPirate » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Good job Rex! :thumbsup:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Well done, Rex! Good choice to stay away from shooting at a paper target :grin:
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:44 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Well done, Rex! Good choice to stay away from shooting at a paper target :grin:

Douche Taint. :lol: :beer: Thanks for the "good job", the both of you. :thumbsup:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby RonE » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:07 am

That was an informative video. You should get good marks for a job well done.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:36 am

RonE wrote:That was an informative video. You should get good marks for a job well done.

Not all that informative. You have to keep most of the secrets to yourself for good success. :thumbsup:
R. Chapman

Postby AKPirate » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:37 am

R. Chapman wrote:
RonE wrote:That was an informative video. You should get good marks for a job well done.

Not all that informative. You have to keep most of the secrets to yourself for good success. :thumbsup:

Like shoot good factory ammo?
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:42 am

AKPirate wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

:lol: Negative.
R. Chapman

Postby AKPirate » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:46 am

R. Chapman wrote:
AKPirate wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

:lol:
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:17 am

AKPirate wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
AKPirate wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:

:lol:

:beer:
R. Chapman

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Great video! I personally don't reload rifle ammo, if I ever get into it I'll be following your vid step by step. That was a very well put together tutorial. Good job!
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 am

Gaddy, do remember that a lot of stuff is left out in the video like how to properly set your dies and other tools you'll need to set it correctly. A good amount of other stuff. PM if you ever want to get started. I'll give you a phone number and we can go over the basics. :thumbsup:
R. Chapman

Postby Redbeard » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Nicely done!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:21 pm

I really wish it was more economical, but unless you're shooting trap/skeet or benchrest, it doesn't seem like it's worth it. I always like doing stuff instead of buying, but I know nothing about this. But from what I've heard, if I'm just trying to save a few bucks over Xperts and Cor-Lokt, I'm going to be pissing in the wind.
assateague

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Yah. You'll actually end up shooting MORE and spending more $$$$ because it's fun to test new loads/bullets etc.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:57 pm

For me, I like making people cringe when my POS $300 hunting rifle with handloads out shoots someones $3000 hunting rifle with high dollar factory ammo. The load that shoots really well in my .25-06 Remington on any day will put 3 under 1/2" at 100 and under 3/8" on a good day. Same at 300 yards; 1 1/2" any day, 1 1/4" on a good day.
R. Chapman

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:22 pm

My 25-06 shoots sub moa with $18 a box prvi ammo, sonetimes you get lucky. Have the cases, bullets, dies, & primers to reload. All I need is a press and more knowledge.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:50 pm

jarbo03 wrote:My 25-06 shoots sub moa with $18 a box prvi ammo, sonetimes you get lucky. Have the cases, bullets, dies, & primers to reload. All I need is a press and more knowledge.

Just wait till that lot runs out. Might or might not be a different story.
R. Chapman

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:26 pm

assateague wrote:I really wish it was more economical, but unless you're shooting trap/skeet or benchrest, it doesn't seem like it's worth it. I always like doing stuff instead of buying, but I know nothing about this. But from what I've heard, if I'm just trying to save a few bucks over Xperts and Cor-Lokt, I'm going to be pissing in the wind.

Yeah. For a standard cup and core load for a standard rifle cartridge you won't save much but if you get into bonded core or lead free ammo you can save quite a bit. Oddball calibers too. For my .17 Remington it was cheaper to buy dies brass, powder, primers and bullets than it cost for 100 rounds of factory stuff. Now that I'm reusing the brass I can actually load it for almost the same price as .17 hmr ammo. For really obsolete cartridges like my .45-110 Sharps, reloading is waaaayyy cheaper than factory stuff.
clampdaddy

Postby RonE » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:36 am

assateague wrote:I really wish it was more economical, but unless you're shooting trap/skeet or benchrest, it doesn't seem like it's worth it. I always like doing stuff instead of buying, but I know nothing about this. But from what I've heard, if I'm just trying to save a few bucks over Xperts and Cor-Lokt, I'm going to be pissing in the wind.

Depends on what caliber and how many rounds you use a year. The only thing I hand load is 30-40 Krag.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby RonE » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:38 am

R. Chapman wrote:For me, I like making people cringe when my POS $300 hunting rifle with handloads out shoots someones $3000 hunting rifle with high dollar factory ammo. The load that shoots really well in my .25-06 Remington on any day will put 3 under 1/2" at 100 and under 3/8" on a good day. Same at 300 yards; 1 1/2" any day, 1 1/4" on a good day.

three shot groups are for girls. shooters are the guys that shoot five shot groups. Did you ever read the Secrets of the Houston Warehouse ?
RonE

Postby assateague » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:36 am

Know how many shots count? The first one. That's it.
assateague

Reloading with Rex.

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:20 am

That's what they say when you're hunting for elk but to the best of my memory and knowledge, the elk that I hunt seen me before I seen them. At that point, I just hope to god when I plug a slug up his ass that he drops or slows down enough for me to catch up.
R. Chapman

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:59 am

assateague wrote:Know how many shots count? The first one. That's it.

Ever spend a day burning ammo on varmints?
clampdaddy

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:06 am

RonE wrote: three shot groups are for girls. shooters are the guys that shoot five shot groups. Did you ever read the Secrets of the Houston Warehouse ?

I like to use 25 shot groups to access the accuracy of my varmint rifle/load combos. This one, surprisingly came from a semi auto rimfire. Thompson Center model R-55 in 17 mach2.
Image. Image
clampdaddy

Postby RonE » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:12 am

assateague wrote:Know how many shots count? The first one. That's it.

For killing shit, you are right. What an elegant way of stating the obvious.

However in shooting competition where you are poking holes in paper, all of the shots count.
RonE

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:03 pm

clampdaddy wrote:.
Image.

Just checked my notes. That was only a 15 shot group. My bad.
clampdaddy

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:08 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:.
Image.

Just checked my notes. That was only a 15 shot group. My bad.

I'm impressed. That's some might fine good shooting.
R. Chapman

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:59 pm

I was surprised it could shoot anything like that. TC's are known the be decent shooters but this rifle has an odd design that I thought would hurt accuracy. Instead of running a heavy bolt to deal with the extra pressure of the .17mach2, this one has a weight that hangs off a dovetailed track on the bottom side of the barrel. The weight is then linked to the bolt with action bars. You'd think all that stuff would hurt accuracy but apparently it doesn't. :?
clampdaddy

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:34 am

My TC Venture is a Bill Hicks run that was chambered in 6.5-284 Norma. Just the other day I had a 3 shot group from edge to edge that measured at 0.330". Center to center would have probably been small.
R. Chapman

Next

Return to Reloading & Shotshell Forum