Mudbuddy Black Death 5500 + rig for sale

Forum for private sales. No commercial advertising. MUST HAVE 10 POST TO USE THIS FORUM.

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Mudbuddy Black Death 5500 + rig for sale

Postby TexasHunter1960 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:16 am

Hey guys, I need a favor.

My son has a 2012 Mudbuddy Black Death 5500 and Excel F4 1860. It has 80 hours on it. He used it the last 2 years for a non profit organization he and my other son created to take our military solders on cost free guided duck hunts here in Texas. He's very responsible and takes great care of his gear. The boat was primarily used in rivers where he can get by with a regular outboard set up, so he is thinking about selling the entire rig.

He was going to ask $15,500 for everything, but I think that is under market. Can any of you comment on what the market price range would be? He is willing to have it shipped as part of the deal.

The motor is the Black Death 5500. I'm not sure what comes standard with this base model, but I know he has many BPS upgrades such as throttle lever, K & N air filters, Crossover exhaust, etc. We took the valve covers off to inspect them, and he has the BPS Roller Rockers, so I assume the Rods and Cam/guides are BPS too?

I'm not sure what the F4 1860 comes standard with, but I know he has:
* Double thick aluminum, 
* Bilge pump 
* Accent lighting 
* Motor cover
* Bowfishing platform with numerous lights
* Gun storage box
* Rear flotation Pods
* Trolling motor mount (no motor)
* Captain's swivel chair
* Internal 12 Gal gas tank
* Dual battery set up

Nothing special about the trailer. It's heavy duty with standard wheels. Unfortunately for him he just ran over a spike strip of some sort as he was putting it in, so it has brand new tires.

He has 2 big blade props (the one on the motor doesn't have many hours on it; the other still works, but used as a spare).

In addition he has the factory built in bow wench with remote and factory LED bow lights. He has a remote 400,000 cp Golight with remote (really great feature, by the way - it lights up shorelines almost a mile away!), but I'm not sure if he is including that.

I know he has over $22K into everything. I'm sure you'll agree that his organization is a great cause, and I just want to make sure he gets fair market for everything, especially since he's needing to reinvest in a new rig. He's only 23 years old and has taken our solders (on leave from Afghanistan, or stationed nearby) virtually every weekend of the past 2 duck hunting seasons along with my other son. He uses his own financial resources for this cause and accepts no money at all - I couldn't be prouder of them. Feel free to read about Riley and JP, and his org, or send him a word of support...... OperationDuckHunt.Org 

Please take a few seconds and let me know what a fair price would be, or if anyone has any interest, let me know too. He has many pictures and some You Tube videos.

Here is a link to one of his videos this past Veterans Day and some Facebook pictures too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmOeDlGa ... ata_player

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 314&type=1

One last thing, my older sons dog, Bo is now officially in the yearly photo contest. They won the monthly November contest. The yearly winner gets a hunt worth $2500 dollars that they would use for our solders. If you have any interest in supporting their cause, please go to this link and vote for Bo. He is the November picture. Please send it to everyone you can. You can vote once on your smart phone and once on your computer. The voting ends January 24th. I'd love to gather some support - he's in 4th place and needs votes!

http://texasoutdoorsmedia.com/photo-of-the-month/

Sorry for rambling, I really just wanted to ask for feedback on his boat.

Thanks, guys!
TexasHunter1960

Re: Mudbuddy Black Death 5500 + rig for sale

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:05 pm

I have no idea on values for the rig, but wanted to say good for your son.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Your son probably has a pretty fair estimate on the value of his boat. Boats (especially mud boats) don't appreciate. He may also want to list it on the Mud Buddy forum to be seen by the people most likely interested. Tell him thanks for what he's doing, but odds are it won't get him any extra dough on the sale of the rig.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sells closer to the 14K range.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby bandchaser1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:58 am

Is the boat still for sale? Very interested.
bandchaser1

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 pm

bandchaser1 wrote:Is the boat still for sale? Very interested.

Send the OP a private message, don't think he checks in on a regular basis.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Return to Duck Hunting Classifieds