Havalon Knives for sale

Forum for private sales. No commercial advertising. MUST HAVE 10 POST TO USE THIS FORUM.

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Havalon Knives for sale

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:15 pm

I have been a Havalon Knife dealer for about a year and a half now and Olly gave me the thumbs up to make a thread for them here.

Basically they are a light weight skinning/caping knife that uses replaceable scalpel blades. The Piranta series knives come with 12 spare blades, and the blades are sterile foil wrapped. The handle types range from ABS plastic to anodized aluminum to bead blasted stainless steel. The knife and blades in a holster weigh in around 3 ounces added to your hunting pack. On average my customers have told me they have done 1 Elk or up to 2 deer with 1 blade, but I think it really depends on the user.
Prices:
Piranta Edge $40
Piranta Z $40
Piranta Original $50
Piranta Tracer-22 $45
Piranta Elk $50
Piranta Whitetail $50
Piranta Bighorn $50
Piranta Torch green $60
Piranta Torch red $60
Piranta Torch copper $60

Baracuta Edge $60
Baracuta Z $60
Baracuta Blaze $60

12 60XT blades $5
12 22XT blades $5
12 60A blades $10
5 pack fillet blades $15
5 pack #115 blades $15

*Free shipping through the end of July
**All Piranta knives include a nylon belt holster and a dozen blades, all Baracuta knives include a nylon belt holster and 5 additional blades.

Last edited by 3legged_lab on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Re: Havalon Knives

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:17 pm

The Havalon Piranta-EDGE
with Blaze Orange Handle

Our best seller for field dressing and skinning, the Piranta-Edge features surgically-sharp replaceable blades and an easy-to-find blaze orange handle. It's always sharp - just replace the blades and go! Each knife includes 12 additional stainless steel #60XT blades. The overall length of the knife open is 7-1/4". You'll like the easy-grip black rubber inlay, liner-lock construction and pocket clip.

You'll appreciate the light weight of this skinning and caping knife: less than three ounces. And no need to carry extra knives, heavy files, stones or other sharpeners.
Item Code: XT-60EDGE

It's "The Sharpest Knife You'll Never Lose!"
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 pm

The Piranta Original Stainless Steel
Pro-Skinning Knife with
12 "Crazy Sharp" Blades

The Piranta Original features a stainless steel handle with G-10 inlay, and 12 additional stainless steel #60XT blades, 2-3/4" in length. Time and again we hear satisfied customers say they skinned and caped a whitetail with one blade. Some guys say they've skinned an entire elk with one blade. So 12 additional blades is like getting 12 fresh knives, and they only weigh three ounces!

The overall length of the knife open is 6-3/4". You'll like the easy-grip finger grooves, ambidextrous thumb studs for one-hand opening, frame lock construction, bead blasted finish, lanyard opening and pocket clip.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Versatile Piranta Tracer-22
Fits Blades #22 and #60XT

The Havalon Piranta Tracer-22 fits the #22 surgical blade, the most popular blade used by professional taxidermists. As an added bonus, the Piranta Tracer-22 fits all of the blades in the 20 thru 25 range blades, plus our #60XT.

Pros use the #22 for a variety of situations including caping. With your order you will receive one dozen #22 stainless steel blades included at no extra cost. The frame is rugged aluminum alloy with easy-grip rubber inserts. It's a Havalon, so it's lightweight - just less than three ounces.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:23 pm

The Best Skinning Knife for Elk Country

Don't let the scrimshaw fool you - this is one tough knife

Lightweight yet rugged skinning knife with the famous Havalon surgical-edged blades. This aluminum alloy handle (6061T) weighs only 2.2 ounces. The great feel of a metal handle hunting knife without the weight. Pistol-grip cross-hatch pattern on the handle gives a better grip during skinning and caping. You'll never lose your edge with the new Piranta Elk.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 pm

NEW
Havalon Piranta Torch in Brick Red, Light Copper, and Lime Green
Lighten your load on your next hunt with our new Piranta-Torch. It features the #60A blade riding on a rugged 6061-T6 aluminum alloy handle. With the Torch you’ll process more hide and meat faster than you ever thought possible.

• Fits #60A, #60XT and #22XT blades
• 12 additional stainless steel #60A blades, 2-3/4”
• Rugged 6061-T6 alloy handle
• Overall length 7-3/8”
• Ambidextrous thumb studs
• Open back for easy cleaning
• Liner-lock construction
• Removable pocket clip

At 20% thicker than our regular #60, the #60A resists breaking should you get a bit carried away with the twisting and pulling thing. Think of it as the #60 blade’s big brother. Same crazy sharp long-lasting edge
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:48 am

These remind me of a knife that was called 'tiger sharp'

I don't think they make them anymore.
duckkillerclyde

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:50 am

Are there any fixed blades? I like fixed blade knives.
duckkillerclyde

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:19 am

It's kind of like a blade trader but, the blades are disposable.
What are the 3 different blades available? Do you have pics of the blades?
QH's Paw

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:46 am

I'll get an actual measurement on these two blades tomorrow. The only differnce between the 60XT and the 60A is the 60A is 20% thicker.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:48 am

duckkillerclyde wrote:Are there any fixed blades? I like fixed blade knives.

Not from Havalon. Their original line of work for the first 30 years of their business has been surgical and taxidermy scalpels.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Do all models of knife body accept all 3 blades? Does the knife pouch have a compartment or sleeve that holds the spare blades?
Which one actually has the biggest handle?
QH's Paw

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:57 pm

the 60 blade is approx. 2 3/4", and the 22 is just under 2"
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:07 pm

QH's Paw wrote:Do all models of knife body accept all 3 blades?

Havalon says that the Tracer-22 is the only one that will accept all blade sizes, but I have tried switching them around on the other model knives and don't see a problem. The only big difference is the 22XT is the same thickness as the 60A (20% thicker than standard) and when changing these blades the steel is thicker so you have to push harder.
QH's Paw wrote: Does the knife pouch have a compartment or sleeve that holds the spare blades?

Yes, all the holsters have a pocket inside where you put the 12 spare blades, I actually have 18 spares in my holster.

QH's Paw wrote:Which one actually has the biggest handle?

The scrimshaw series (Elk, Bighorn, Whitetail), and the Torch series are all the same size handle. These 6 would be the largest of the Piranta series knives. The Edge and Z are the same, just different color. The original, and the Tracer-22 are the same size, difference being the original is bead blasted Stainless and the Tracer-22 is anodized aluminum.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:16 pm

take a picture with one in your hand so I know how big it is. If they're large enough, I'll buy one or two.
duckkillerclyde

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:18 pm

The Havalon Baractua-EDGE, and Baracuta-Z Folding Fillet Knife with Replaceable Blades

The Baracuta-Edge Folding Fillet Knife features five inches of micro-honed Japanese stainless steel, a rugged black Zytel plastic handle with orange rubber inserts for better grip and less slippage. This folding fillet knife has an open back for easy cleaning, plus ambidextrous thumb studs and removable pocket clip. Liner-lock construction. Same great concept as the Havalon Piranta, but larger and longer. Overall length is 11 inches yet weight is only 3 ounces. NEVER LOSE YOUR EDGE. Comes with 5 additional stainless steel #127XT fillet blades.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:19 pm

NEW
Havalon Baracuta-Blaze Hunting Knife for Big Game Skinning and Boning

For the hunter who wants a large hunting knife for skinning and boning, one that is larger than the Piranta knives, we recommend our new Baracuta-Blaze. It’s the same great concept as the Havalon Piranta, but larger and longer, with many exceptional features you want in a big game hunting knife:

• Overall length 10 3/8”
• Weighs only 3 ounces
• 4 3/8” micro-honed Japanese stainless steel blade
with a skinning knife edge
• A thick, yet lightweight ABS handle in bright orange
• Includes five replacement blades
• Black rubber inserts for a better grip
• Open back for easy cleaning
• Ambidextrous thumb studs
• Liner lock construction
• Removable pocket clip

Our Baracuta fillet blades and handles are interchangeable with the new Baracuta-Blaze hunter blades and handle. Now you have two blade options that fit your favorite Baracuta knife. What’s not to love?
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Piranta Edge
Holsters
Baracuta-Blaze
Piranta Bighorn
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Re: Havalon Knives for sale

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:58 pm

are they made in the orient?
duckkillerclyde

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:47 pm

duckkillerclyde wrote:are they made in the orient?

Probably, if they were made in the US the price would be double.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Havalon Knives for sale

Postby assateague » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:32 pm

I got one of these from 3Leg recently, and was very impressed. The blades aren't loose AT ALL, and are stupid sharp. I still haven't caught a fish since I've had it, just used it on some salmon the neighbor gave me- cut the fillet up into steaks like it wasn't even there.

If I ever get into some croaker, and have 50-75 fish to fillet, I'll let you know how the edge holds up, but right now I couldn't be happier.

This is the Baracuta. And one of the Dingo's ears, which are so big it's a miracle they aren't in every picture ever taken, even when she is in another room. 3-Leg is a stand up guy.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks Assa, glad you like it.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby blackrhino » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 am

3leg How many spare blades come with a knife and how much are spares?
blackrhino

Postby 3legged_lab » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:32 pm

blackrhino wrote:3leg How many spare blades come with a knife and how much are spares?

The pirantas all come with a dozen spares, additional are $5/dozen.
The Baracutas come with 5 spares, additional are $15/ 5 pack. The fillet and Blaze (skinner) are interchangable.
The Torch knives come with a dozen, and extras are $10/dozen.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Bufflehead wrote:
sws002 wrote:Bump
what is the point of bumping a thread that was already at the very top of the forum???
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Havalon Knives for sale

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 pm

:lol:
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Still got plenty of knives to sell you guys.

:mrgreen:
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby TheWrathPrince » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:35 am

why not?

it's not about how big your knife is, it's about how you will use it and how it will use.
The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars. - William Westmoreland [url=http://www.knife-planet.com/military-knives.html]military knives[/url]
TheWrathPrince

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 pm

New model: Piranta Bolt - comes with the 60A blade and of course a holster - $50
uploadfromtaptalk1361299449709.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361299464220.jpg
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby jondregoz » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:30 am

The Piranta-Big Horn celebrates the power sharp eyes.
do you have some any color of Piranta-Big Horn?
jondregoz

Next

Return to Duck Hunting Classifieds