Looking for AT&T iPhone 4s

Forum for private sales. No commercial advertising. MUST HAVE 10 POST TO USE THIS FORUM.

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Looking for AT&T iPhone 4s

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:12 pm

My phone somehow got a nano bit of water in it and now the camera and flash doesn't work and the screen occasionally goes black. I'm limping my old 4 along for now, but it's nice having 4g service and Siri. Really don't feel like coughing up more $$ to ATT if I don't have to. Anyone have a 4s or newer they want to get rid of?
BrewGUN

Re: Looking for AT&T iPhone 4s

Postby assateague » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:15 pm

You can buy a camera for about $12 and replace it yourself. And a screen for about $20
assateague

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:39 pm

assateague wrote:You can buy a camera for about $12 and replace it yourself. And a screen for about $20

That's what I'm planning on doing, I have the camera already, the apple store said there was some corrosion on the one contact so gonna see if I can replace the camera and clean up the contacts with some electrical parts cleaner.
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm getting ready to replace the screen on my daughters phone, and have been watching videos, which is the only reason I know this :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:29 pm

I've had them apart before, a word of advice, mark every little tiny screws position and make a note or take a pic if you can, also buy the tiny torx and Philips bit set. It's a pain to get them out and in. I use upside down duct tape so the screws don't go flying.
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:54 pm

So the bottom screws are torx? I thought I was going to have to get some special Apple Toolkit for those.
assateague

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:07 pm

assateague wrote:So the bottom screws are torx? I thought I was going to have to get some special Apple Toolkit for those.

It's what Apple calls pentalobe, but a T1 torx will work, usually have to order a little mini kit to do all the little Philips inside too.
BrewGUN

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Just got the new camera in. Camera works, flash doesn't. Cleaned some corrosion , but not much more I can do.
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 pm

BrewGUN wrote:
assateague wrote:So the bottom screws are torx? I thought I was going to have to get some special Apple Toolkit for those.

It's what Apple calls pentalobe, but a T1 torx will work, usually have to order a little mini kit to do all the little Philips inside too.

Are the "regular" small screwdrivers small enough? I've got that Stanley set in the small clear plastic case.
assateague

Postby BrewGUN » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:19 pm

assateague wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:

Are the "regular" small screwdrivers small enough? I've got that Stanley set in the small clear plastic case.

Nope, smaller. Get the bi-focals out, they are fuckin tiny!
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Shit.
assateague

Return to Duck Hunting Classifieds