Foiles Straight Meat Mallard (camo) FT...

Forum for private sales. No commercial advertising. MUST HAVE 10 POST TO USE THIS FORUM.

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Foiles Straight Meat Mallard (camo) FT...

Postby IndianaYakFish » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Got this call in a trade, used it a little bit this season and am looking to trade it for something different. It's in good shape, just not what I'm looking for. It could use a tune up and/or new reed & cork (I think, but I'm a rookie at this stuff). No chips or cracks, and I've got the box for it. Looking to trade for a Zink, RNT or Committed Custom Calls or maybe others that would be good for timber or river hunting. Don't really need a loud big water call. Thought I would post this up here and offer it to you guys before I post it on other sites.

-Jameson
"I intend to learn to call waterfowl even if in the process I offend every ear in the country—and I just might."—Gene Hill
IndianaYakFish

Re: Foiles Straight Meat Mallard (camo) FT...

Postby IndianaYakFish » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Call has been traded, thanks.
-Jameson
"I intend to learn to call waterfowl even if in the process I offend every ear in the country—and I just might."—Gene Hill
IndianaYakFish

Postby Rick » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:21 am

IndianaYakFish wrote:It could use a tune up and/or new reed & cork (I think, but I'm a rookie at this stuff).

Just an FYI, almost all J-frame type calls could benefit from fresh cork. If everyone tried that simple step, it would knock the pins out from under the call market.
Rick

Postby IndianaYakFish » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:49 am

Rick wrote:
IndianaYakFish wrote:It could use a tune up and/or new reed & cork (I think, but I'm a rookie at this stuff).

Just an FYI, almost all J-frame type calls could benefit from fresh cork. If everyone tried that simple step, it would knock the pins out from under the call market.

Thanks Rick. Where does a guy buy cork? I know you can get reeds and cork from the call manufacturer, but is there someplace else to get them? Just plastic and cork, gotta be a source out there somewhere.
-Jameson
IndianaYakFish

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:50 am

“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:52 am

That didn't work like I wanted. Just search for cork on that web page.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby IndianaYakFish » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:03 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:That didn't work like I wanted. Just search for cork on that web page.

Thanks!
-Jameson
IndianaYakFish

Postby Rick » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Though I run RNTs, I buy cork and reeds cheaper from Echo.
Rick

Return to Duck Hunting Classifieds