Sandhill Crane decoys

Forum for private sales. No commercial advertising. MUST HAVE 10 POST TO USE THIS FORUM.

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Sandhill Crane decoys

Postby don novicki » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:12 am

Guys due to health issues, just got out of the hosp. yesterday, Im probably not going to be doing as much hunting as I used to so Im starting to pare down my gear. I have for sale some unique and brand new Sand Hill Crane decoys that need a new home.

These decoys are brand new and have never been used in the field. The wind socks have been set up in my back yard but the sillys have never been tamped into the ground so:

There are one dozen giant SHC windsocks that I bought maybe 20 years ago from Jim Jones who I think was the guy that invented sillow socks. I might be wrong about that but he was one of the first guys who made snow geese sillys anyway. Regardless these things are huge but take dam little wind to get them moving. They are approx 32" from head to tail and are set up on a wooden dowel that stands about 4' high when assembled and the dowel is 3/4" diameter. The head is a custom hand painted swan head with great detail. A few of the decoys have been chewed up a little by a mouse but it doesn't affect the performance and is easily repaired with a small piece of duct tape. You can't even see it after it's repaired.

Secondly I have 1 dozen Outlaw SHC sillys that have only been out of the box to take a picture. These are photographic sillys and are really a nice looking decoy, and how much more realistic can you get than a picture of a bird ?

The decoys will come with a well used bag for the socks and a silly satchel for the Outlaws, in addition I will throw in a 2xl long gray lab coat for hunting. The lab coat is brand new.

It kills me to get rid of gear but I know I'll never get back out west again and I need to start parting out this stuff now.

In a couple of months I will finish a new layout boat that I started last year and will have duck and goose decoys also coming up for sale.

Price for the SHC is 250.00 TYD
don novicki

Re: Sandhill Crane decoys

Postby don novicki » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:31 am

200.00 tyd
don novicki

Postby Darren » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:16 am

decoys or not, sure wish you the best with your health matters.
Darren

Postby don novicki » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:42 am

Thanks, I'm feeling good now. Hopefully no more surgeries...
don novicki

Return to Duck Hunting Classifieds