Grandson's first duck hunt

Post any and all Waterfowl Photos here!

Grandson's first duck hunt

Postby tjf » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:44 am

Our neighbor graciously asked my grandson Grant and me to accompany him and his father to hunt ducks on the opening day of duck season. It was an adventure for Grant as he had never experienced anything quite like this. He enjoyed watching the ducks, watching the dog work and riding in the Gator Tail Boat / Motor as it sprayed water high into the air behind us getting us safely through the shallow water marsh to the blind and back all while building memories from this outing. He is a crack shot with his BB gun and will hopefully soon acquire a .410 to give duck hunting a go. We were rewarded with eight Gray Ducks and a Mottled Duck for the morning hunt.

I almost got run over while taking this picture of our neighbor (driving), his father and our grandson Grant. A great time was had by all.

Click on image to enlarge.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
tjf

Re: Grandson's first duck hunt

Postby jehler » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:07 am

Nice, kid looks right at home
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Redbeard » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:28 am

jehler wrote:Nice, kid looks right at home
heck yea he does
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:34 am

That's gonna make a nice framed picture. Looks like he has been bitten by the bug. :thumbsup:
QH's Paw

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:41 am

QH's Paw wrote:That's gonna make a nice framed picture. Looks like he has been bitten by the bug. :thumbsup:

x2!
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:08 pm

Stuff like this is what WFF is for. I'm glad he had a great time and thanks for sharing.

:beer: :beer: :beer:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3geese4me » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:39 pm

That picture is awesome!
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby tjf » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Many thanks for your kind comments. Grant is in the second grade and is a great little guy. We are fortunate they live just down the street from us where we get to see them often. He loves to shoot his BB gun, play in the woods behind his house, build forts and harass his two older sisters. Geez, he is acting just like a second grade boy! :lol:
tjf

Return to Waterfowl Photography Forum