Virus Frustrations

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Virus Frustrations

Postby Deltaman » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:10 am

Toilet paper and paper towels...........really......wtf??? Finally found enough to get by for a little while, but never would've thought these items would be the first to go, and better understand the need for rubbing alcohol, cleaning supplies, etc........ Now that the immediate needs are taken care of, I made a trip to one of our local ABC stores and bought several bottles of Tito's, George Dickel and Don Julio........just in case. For good measure, also bought a half-dozen cases of beer that I will set aside. If I'm gonna have to shelter in place for any length of time, why suffer? Anyway, I hope that y'all are doing ok in this craziness, and pray that this virus doesn't devastate our country/economy before we can get thru it!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Virus Frustrations

Postby Duck Engr » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:30 am

This sums up my thoughts on the situation.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Duck Engr » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:04 am

Been working from home while trying to watch an 18 month old all week since daycare is closed. I’m not into my emergency liquor stash yet, but I’m close.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Darren » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:44 am

Duck Engr wrote:Been working from home while trying to watch an 18 month old all week since daycare is closed. I’m not into my emergency liquor stash yet, but I’m close.

Prayers sent, that's tough. Worked from home just ONE day per week for two years with my first little one. Working from home myself now but thankfully wife is home too to handle the kids.
Darren

Postby Deltaman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:05 am

Imagine it is a lot tougher with little one's at home, so good luck to both of you! Most in my company are already working from home, and I could be as well, and probably will have to at some point, but prefer to come into the office. Just feel like I am much more productive, but the direction of things now will probably change my perspective. Will feel funny answering e-mails from my boat :o
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Virus Frustrations

Postby Duck Engr » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:50 am

It’s a challenge no doubt, but he’s behaved himself better than I thought he would. He does think it’s hilarious to run by and steal my wireless mouse and run around the house with it, which led to an early sending of an email, but otherwise no damage. Sneaky little rascal.

The wife works from home so I figured we’d be able to split time watching him but she’s been mostly laid up with pregnancy sickness from number 2, which is due in early October, so it’s been Daddy daycare. I’m definitely doing my best to enjoy the time I have with Beau that I wouldn’t otherwise have had though. He’s a pretty cool little kid.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Deltaman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Enjoy that time brother, Beau will be driving before you know it! The nights can be long, but the years are short, make the most of them :thumbsup:
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Rick » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:32 pm

Yep, he'll have wrecked his first truck before you know it.
Rick

Postby Darren » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:25 am

Duck Engr wrote:It’s a challenge no doubt, but he’s behaved himself better than I thought he would. He does think it’s hilarious to run by and steal my wireless mouse and run around the house with it, which led to an early sending of an email, but otherwise no damage. Sneaky little rascal.

The wife works from home so I figured we’d be able to split time watching him but she’s been mostly laid up with pregnancy sickness from number 2, which is due in early October, so it’s been Daddy daycare. I’m definitely doing my best to enjoy the time I have with Beau that I wouldn’t otherwise have had though. He’s a pretty cool little kid.

Congrats!

My daughter would steal my mouse and raise it to her ear talking into it like a phone. Doesn't do it any more, already miss those days.
Darren

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 am

Thanks! It’s scary and fun to see how much they emulate us just from watching.

Got up to go turkey hunting Sunday and couldn’t find my contact lenses case anywhere in the bathroom. Had to grab a new pair. I knew exactly who the culprit was and had a good laugh about it. Years ago I would have been furious that I lost a pair of contacts. Funny how your perspective changes. Finally found them today in his toy basket as I was putting toys away.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Darren » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:10 am

Duck Engr wrote:Thanks! It’s scary and fun to see how much they emulate us just from watching.

Got up to go turkey hunting Sunday and couldn’t find my contact lenses case anywhere in the bathroom. Had to grab a new pair. I knew exactly who the culprit was and had a good laugh about it. Years ago I would have been furious that I lost a pair of contacts. Funny how your perspective changes. Finally found them today in his toy basket as I was putting toys away.

Makes you smile :thumbsup:

They're somethin' for sure
Darren

Postby Throbbin Rods » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:59 pm

Karen and I are both furloughed, yard work, bonfire, boat repairs, just plain fun with the best partner a man could have. The dogs are around and Karen does all store stops as I am immune compromised. I have spoke with her and the kids and told them what I need to tell them if the worst happens. We are just keeping on keeping on in NH. Be well everyone
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Rick » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Hang in there. My Sweet Chereaux has a bogus immune system, too, and asthma to boot. That, and we're old farts, so we're having to be extra cautious, as well. Still get out to walk and work the dog, but it sucks to only see the grandkids by face time or whatever the phone thing they use is.

"This, too, shall pass."
Rick

Return to The Blind