Crawfish

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Crawfish

Postby Deltaman » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:20 am

Prices for live crawfish finally dropped some, so we boiled a 40 lb sack this past weekend. With pre-Easter prices for live ranging from $4.50 to $6.99 a lb, I couldn't justify. My bride has been Jonesing, and bugging the crap out of me to get some, so I finally relented, and was pleased when I found that they had dropped to $2.99 lb. Still too damn high, but low enough that it wasn't too painful on my back pocket. Dammit man, they were awesome!!!! We gorged ourselves, then picked the remaining tails and made a couple of crawfish pies, and shared with friends. Anybody else been cooking any?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Crawfish

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:41 am

Hoping a crawfish plague wipes them from the face of the planet - or at least our part of it.
Rick

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:44 am

We’re having a boil this weekend with a bunch of old college friends. Really looking forward to it. Prices up here dropped last week. We too were pleasantly surprised.

Rick sorry for further contributing to your problems but they sure are delicious!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby 5 stand » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am

If I took the time to catch a pound in Big frog Creek down below the house, guarantee you they'd be more than $6.99 a pound (but I understand)...
Sounds like a good time Mr engineer...
5 stand

Return to The Blind