New to Michigan and forum

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Postby Jenfinger » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Hello all just wanted to introduce myself. My name is James and i just moved to eastern UP at Dafter. I'm in the USCG in the SOO. Most of my experience is with divers on the south Texas coastal marsh. Besides hunting waterfowl my other passion is running the retrievers, so hello to all and I'm looking forward to this up coming season and making some hunting partners. I'm always looking for people to meet and bs with.
Jenfinger

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 pm

:welcome:

You work with Olly?
assateague

Re: New to Michigan and forum

Postby duckkillerclyde » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 pm

welcome friend.
duckkillerclyde

Postby Flightstopper » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:00 pm

:welcome: Where about on the Texas coast?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 pm

:welcome:

Your name is deceiving.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Jenfinger wrote:Hello all just wanted to introduce myself. My name is James and i just moved to eastern UP at Dafter. I'm in the USCG in the SOO. Most of my experience is with divers on the south Texas coastal marsh. Besides hunting waterfowl my other passion is running the retrievers, so hello to all and I'm looking forward to this up coming season and making some hunting partners. I'm always looking for people to meet and bs with.

does your job have anything to do with rescues? If so, there is a decent chance I'll get to meet you this season ;)
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 pm

jehler wrote:
Jenfinger wrote:Hello all just wanted to introduce myself. My name is James and i just moved to eastern UP at Dafter. I'm in the USCG in the SOO. Most of my experience is with divers on the south Texas coastal marsh. Besides hunting waterfowl my other passion is running the retrievers, so hello to all and I'm looking forward to this up coming season and making some hunting partners. I'm always looking for people to meet and bs with.

does your job have anything to do with rescues? If so, there is a decent chance I'll get to meet you this season ;)

Tired of rescuing JGUN from the cold norther water huh?
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby JGUN » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:13 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:
jehler wrote:

Tired of rescuing JGUN from the cold norther water huh?

He's the one that will put me there after he runs me over.:eek:
JGUN

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:15 pm

jehler wrote:

That would be hilarious.
assateague

Postby Olly » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Who is he? I don't believe I know him...

Sent from your honey hole.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby huntfishnv » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:21 am

Welcome :welcome: welcome :welcome:
huntfishnv

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:52 am

Olly wrote:Who is he? I don't believe I know him...

Sent from your honey hole.

I sent him over from M-S Waterfowl. He's a new guy in your AO - figured you could use a minion.

J/k...welcome!!
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Jenfinger » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:42 am

Yep brand new to the area. I have been at C schools so far. Most of the Texas coast hunting was done out of Rockport down to Corpus Christi. Thanks Dan for sending me here also. Hope to meet some of you guys.
Jenfinger

Postby Olly » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 am

Good deal Dan, I'll set him up on some ducks this season for sure. Thanks for sending him over.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:08 am

Welcome. You said you're into the retrievers. Whatcha got?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:17 am

Jenfinger wrote:Yep brand new to the area. I have been at C schools so far. Most of the Texas coast hunting was done out of Rockport down to Corpus Christi. Thanks Dan for sending me here also. Hope to meet some of you guys.

Excellent hunting opportunities there for sure.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby JGUN » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 am

Go back to Texas cause there are no ducks in Michigan!:lol:
JGUN

Return to The Blind