Assa what have you been up to?

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Postby Olly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:09 am

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: Assa what have you been up to?

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:12 am

You know, I honestly hope they beat that guys ass repeatedly. Not much I hate more than someone who will kill for fun.

Had some guys call me when I was in college and ask if I could skin a deer. I said of course and they showed up at my apartment a few minutes later with 6 deer. I absolutely flipped a wig.
Westie25

Postby Baysider » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:18 am

Emu killing is the new zombie craze. The cow was just an inocent by stander.
MOhuntingGuy wrote: Went with the fuse accessories axium 6 inch doinker style.
Baysider

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:27 am

Bwahahahahahahaah, plus two sandhills and a frickin bald eagle!! That dude went nuts
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:27 am

our neighbor has had someone ride by and drop one of his cows with a deer rifle before, i always worry about our brahaman bull, i can picture some white trash idiot thinking it would be cool to to brag about killing him. I pretty sure hes the only brahman in the local area, and he is an absolute beast.

a more relevant story:
when i was in college i walked by the back of this truck where a guy had gone out and shot like 10 egrets or cow birds as most call them, they werent even dead either. he had the wounded birds bleeding and flopping around in the back of his truck and they were tied together. it was messed up. once it drew a crowd someone notified the campus police. they came out and searched his truck, they found drugs, an AR15, a handgun, and two shotguns... funny thing this A-hole was from florida too.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Baysider » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:35 am

The off season can be hard on us all. :lol:

I have a blue heron nest in a pine along the marsh behind my house. I'd love to shoot that dang thing, of course I never would. The baby does nothing but let out these long deathly moans all day. Its been going on for months now.
Baysider

Postby assateague » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:38 am

Some people are messed up. Wonder why they felt the need to mention it was an AR-15, though? Wouldn't they have been just as dead with a .30-06?

Three years ago an old farmer in DE set out poison bait for foxes which were slaughtering the chickens in his chicken house. He threw the carcasses in the field behind the chicken house. Two bald eagles were picking at the carcasses and fell over dead on the spot. He called the local game warden, to see if anything special had to be done for the eagles, or if he could just let them lay. They came out, took a look, and wrote him tickets for almost $12,000. It was legal for him to bait the foxes, and legal for him to toss their carcasses, but when the eagles ate them it became his problem. He was PISSED. Eagles are nothing but glorified buzzards, and there are about a bazillion of them, just down here. Ridiculous.

On a lighter note, I should've sent my emu pics to the local paper. Maybe they would've done a story about ridding the area of a feathered menace :lol:
assateague

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 am

oh he shot the birds with the shotgun, i sat there and watched them pull out the AR and pistol from his truck.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Baysider » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 pm

assateague wrote:On a lighter note, I should've sent my emu pics to the local paper. Maybe they would've done a story about ridding the area of a feathered menace :lol:

A friend sent me a pic of a peacock on the hood of her car today. Take care of that one and I guarantee you'd make the ES News.
Baysider

Postby assateague » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Return to The Blind