The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:02 am

assateague wrote:I'm sure I'll be asking. It's mesh-backed, so shouldn't be much of an issue. I've done lots of regular ceramic or travertine mesh-backed, but never glass. And it'll cover plenty. The hardibacker and tile (by my calculation, anyway) will go past the cut off part by 1/4", not counting the mastic, so I have plenty of wiggle room.

1/4 round or bullnose trim? Or is it wall to wall? Try not to cut the glass if you can. Cut glass looks like crap. When you grout, give it time to set up, grout with glass takes forever to set up. Wipe it too early and you will just keep pulling grout out of the joints.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:21 am

Neither. The sink is inset into a little sort of "alcove", half as deep as the vanity top. It's really just going to be a glorified backsplash, only it'll go from wall to wall (width of the sink) and from the sink up to the bottom of the medicine cabinet. She's just insisting that it'll look "dumb" because it's going to land on the sink. I told her that's the way it needed to be, hence why I am cutting off the damn backsplash already on the damn sink, because it would look damn stupid if the damn mosaic landed on that, so why on God's green earth would I want to cut it off, and then come up with some damn tile to replace it?
assateague

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:26 am

Haha! That's why I haven't done any tile work on my own house! I just tell my wife she can't afford me.

I'm actually going to have to do a shower at home here pretty soon. I have a fiberglass shower that is just starting to fail. Unfortunately, my wife has seen the work I have done in other houses, I can't wait to see what she comes up with for our house.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:30 am

I'm avoiding the shower. She wants accents and such, and I don't like that stuff. I prefer a "cleaner", simpler look. I caved on the glass mosaic for the sink. but only because its a small area, and it would've looked stupid painted or with a plain tile, anyway. Speaking of tile, I had about 200 sf of 16" travertine left over from a job that she gave away because "she didn't like the way it looked". You know how it would've looked? Fucking excellent on the floor, that's how it would have looked.
assateague

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:42 am

assateague wrote:I'm avoiding the shower. She wants accents and such, and I don't like that stuff. I prefer a "cleaner", simpler look. I caved on the glass mosaic for the sink. but only because its a small area, and it would've looked stupid painted or with a plain tile, anyway. Speaking of tile, I had about 200 sf of 16" travertine left over from a job that she gave away because "she didn't like the way it looked". You know how it would've looked? Fucking excellent on the floor, that's how it would have looked.

I love the look of travertine and love working with it. But, I wouldn't put that stuff in my house. Maintenance nightmare. It scratches and stains way to easy.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby jehler » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:36 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406464579.295718.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Mornin Beef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:38 am

Worked Monday through Saturday, doing laundry, grocery shopping, mowing lawn, cooking and whacking off today while girlfriend is visiting family and friends at assateauge (no joke, they rented a house on the beach). #spoiledbrat
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:05 am

Tiler_J wrote:
assateague wrote:I'm avoiding the shower. She wants accents and such, and I don't like that stuff. I prefer a "cleaner", simpler look. I caved on the glass mosaic for the sink. but only because its a small area, and it would've looked stupid painted or with a plain tile, anyway. Speaking of tile, I had about 200 sf of 16" travertine left over from a job that she gave away because "she didn't like the way it looked". You know how it would've looked? Fucking excellent on the floor, that's how it would have looked.

I love the look of travertine and love working with it. But, I wouldn't put that stuff in my house. Maintenance nightmare. It scratches and stains way to easy.

That high-dollar sealer works pretty slick (the stuff that's about $70 a quart) Last spring, I was in a house that we did with it about 6 years ago, in the kitchen no less, and it looked great. I will say, I have no clue how often they've been re-sealing with the stuff, but we told them to follow the directions religiously. I was amazed at how water just beaded up with it.
assateague

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:05 am

Mornin Beef wrote:Worked Monday through Saturday, doing laundry, grocery shopping, mowing lawn, cooking and whacking off today while girlfriend is visiting family and friends at assateauge (no joke, they rented a house on the beach). #spoiledbrat

Tell her to go clamming.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:36 am

Morning foolios. What's been going down here the last few days? I see AT scored a new/ used generator.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:41 am

jehler wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406464579.295718.jpg

Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby gila-river » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:52 am

R. Chapman wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406443579.897447.jpg

Dddissbss bbnddooottle wwwwssmkksss fffuilaal wwheheen idndndsiiiii steejedjdjdke.

Nobody is going to point out that this is marshmallow flavored vodka?
EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

#coonass in the cactus
gila-river

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:04 am

Is there really such a thing? I refuse to go back and look at the picture
assateague

Postby 3geese4me » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:16 am

Goldfish wrote:
3geese4me wrote:Fishing today was absolutely nuts. 25mph winds and 2-3' waves, I'm pretty sure I got a good idea of what diver hunting is like. I'm still dizzy from rocking back and forth for 7 hours.

Where were you fishing? Driving across NoDak today the car was all over the place. Watching semis coming at you leaning like a pimp was a little interesting

Sakakawea
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby RonE » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:19 am

AKPirate wrote:
3geese4me wrote:Fishing today was absolutely nuts. 25mph winds and 2-3' waves, I'm pretty sure I got a good idea of what diver hunting is like. I'm still dizzy from rocking back and forth for 7 hours.

Diver hunters are commonly sick bastards...

How can you say such a thing? Redheads are divers.

Sunshine and Party Blind.jpg

redheads.jpg

End 3.jpg
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:42 am

gila-river wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406443579.897447.jpg

Dddissbss bbnddooottle wwwwssmkksss fffuilaal wwheheen idndndsiiiii steejedjdjdke.

Nobody is going to point out that this is marshmallow flavored vodka?

I wasn't even aware that there was such thing as marshmallow flavored vodka. They should just call that, "gay juice".
clampdaddy

Postby bill herian » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 am

Get your rear in gear boot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406477502.453782.jpg
bill herian

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:23 am

bill herian wrote:Get your rear in gear boot.

gettin called out Zach!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Mornin Beef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:18 pm

assateague wrote:
Mornin Beef wrote:Worked Monday through Saturday, doing laundry, grocery shopping, mowing lawn, cooking and whacking off today while girlfriend is visiting family and friends at assateauge (no joke, they rented a house on the beach). #spoiledbrat

Tell her to go clamming.

If I was there id be clamming something fierce, you'd have about 90 pm's if I was down there picking your brain. Her, she'll be buying them.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:32 pm

bill herian wrote:Get your rear in gear boot.

It looks like good fishing could be a month away here.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby bill herian » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:45 pm

I've been saying that since may.
bill herian

Postby Bootlipkiller » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:39 pm

bill herian wrote:I've been saying that since may.

Yeah and by November I might still be saying it too. :lol:
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:45 pm

Need an avatar! Olley on his back with his rod in his hand ain't cutting it anymore, what you all got?
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:08 pm

20140727_140111(0).jpg

Go brewer's!
WisconsinWaterfowler

Postby capt1972 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:08 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:Need an avatar! Olley on his back with his rod in his hand ain't cutting it anymore, what you all got?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:25 pm

How fucking awesome is it that we put a car on the moon? Ameriawesome that's how much. Shit blows my mind.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:40 pm

hey fuckers! out from another expedition, cracking banquet beers :beer:

3.2 beer blows ass by the way.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm
huntall6 wrote:MT is right.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby Mornin Beef » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:17 pm

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:hey fuckers! out from another expedition, cracking banquet beers :beer:

3.2 beer blows ass by the way.

3.2 beers is prohibition pure and simple. I hate puritans.
Carp
Mornin Beef

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Olly wrote:How fucking awesome is it that we put a car on the moon? Ameriawesome that's how much. Shit blows my mind.

You know what would be awesomer? If we went back and used a bunch of rocks to spell out "America was here. Suck it!".
clampdaddy

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:26 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:How fucking awesome is it that we put a car on the moon? Ameriawesome that's how much. Shit blows my mind.

You know what would be awesomer? If we went back and used a bunch of rocks to spell out "America was here. Suck it!".

Lol clamp, I think thats what the flag is for.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind