The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Have you tried exchanging it?? Or seeing if they'd take it back??

Now that's a good idea. Wish somebody had come up with that. Thanks guys.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:10 am

Bedding actions is one of the biggest and most stressful pains in the ass.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Duckdog » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 am

mehhh... Nothin' to it.
Or...You're doing it wrong. ;)
Duckdog

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:25 am

So easy a hillbilly can do it.
Rick

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:55 am

R. Chapman wrote:Bedding actions is one of the biggest and most stressful pains in the ass.

Don't they still do the glass bedding? That seemed like the way to go when I was looking into it years ago.
Glimmerjim

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:00 am

Goldfish wrote:
Pintail wrote:We went to an extraco bank customer appreciation skeet shoot. Free ammo, free clays, and free food and drinks! It was a lot of fun we shot about 12 boxes of shells. I'm ready for dove season now.

Wth. The credit union I worked for never even did clay shoots for it's employees

Our electrical union did one a while back, and the prizes were crazy. They were just random tickets, not a contest. I think every kid got a gun of some sort, they had several gun safes, sit-down double trap throwers (which is what I got with no place to put it!), boxes of cigars signed by Bill Clinton ( :lol: ), all kinds of stuff. I don't know who did the solicitation for the prizes, or if the sporting clay outfit just made enough to buy them, but they kicked ass!
Glimmerjim

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:02 am

jarbo03 wrote:
Olly wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:Our humidity has been back to normal this year, with the last 3 years of hard drought, I forgot what it was like. 105 with low humidity is way better than 95 and feeling like you need gills to breathe.

Other day it was 97 with something like 75% humidity. Opening my front door was like opening an oven.

Those days suck, had a lot of them this year. We're drying out now, need some rain or a big front bad. Yesterday was prime for brewing up a batch of ball soup and crack sweat.

Where in the hell are you, jarbo? The Gobi Desert?
Glimmerjim

Postby sws002 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
Olly wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:Our humidity has been back to normal this year, with the last 3 years of hard drought, I forgot what it was like. 105 with low humidity is way better than 95 and feeling like you need gills to breathe.

Other day it was 97 with something like 75% humidity. Opening my front door was like opening an oven.

Those days suck, had a lot of them this year. We're drying out now, need some rain or a big front bad. Yesterday was prime for brewing up a batch of ball soup and crack sweat.

Worse. The Midwest.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 am

sws002 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
Olly wrote:

Worse. The Midwest.

:lol: I didn't know it got that hot in the mid-west!
Glimmerjim

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:44 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:Dude take it back. Did you buy it from the school bookstore or online? Regardless, you should be able to send it back no questions asked. Or you typed in the code wrong.

I tried typing it in no less than a dozen times in 3 different places. and it came from the bookstore.

Remember how i said I foresee a good semester ahead of me? I may have counted my ducks too soon. Got motherfucking pinkeye yesterday. not sure how i got it, but my buddy's dog licked my face the other day, so i'm leaning towards that. Luckily it's not the crippling P.E I had when i first got contacts.
Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:18 pm
huntall6 wrote:MT is right.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby sws002 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:50 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
sws002 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
Olly wrote:[quote="jarbo03"]Our humidity has been back to normal this year, with the last 3 years of hard drought, I forgot what it was like. 105 with low humidity is way better than 95 and feeling like you need gills to breathe.

Worse. The Midwest.

:lol: I didn't know it got that hot in the mid-west![/quote]

Me and Jarbo were just talking about this the other day. 2 years ago, he had a stretch of 50+ days over 100, we were closer to two weeks 3 hrs North of him. Granted, that was the hottest/driest summer on record, but he routinely has weeks straight of 100+ temps. Believe it or not, that isn't even the worst weather. Last week we had 95-98 degrees with dew points in the low 70's, that shit is miserable. Things get really ball soupy at those temps.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:57 am

Turns out everybody in the class was having problems with that shit last night. They are supposed to be working on a solution.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Today has been a bitch.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Olly wrote:Today has been a bitch.

like a hot bitch or a fat bitch?
In other words was it difficult to get through, but your happy it happened or could you have gone without it?
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:47 pm

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:Today has been a bitch.

like a hot bitch or a fat bitch?
In other words was it difficult to get through, but your happy it happened or could you have gone without it?

I'll do without either.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:08 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Turns out everybody in the class was having problems with that shit last night. They are supposed to be working on a solution.

what's the program you're supposed to log into? we're also having problems and they said it's nationwide because of the user load.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby capt1972 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:19 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Bedding actions is one of the biggest and most stressful pains in the ass.

A couple drinks and she should bed down easily!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:32 pm

capt1972 wrote:

If it takes more than a couple sips, you're preparing your drinks wrong.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm

(MT)Montanafowler wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Turns out everybody in the class was having problems with that shit last night. They are supposed to be working on a solution.

what's the program you're supposed to log into? we're also having problems and they said it's nationwide because of the user load.

Aplia

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Next time, go down to the hardware store and get a stick of that play-dough like epoxy. Knead it up, put it where you want it and slap the gun back together. Wait like 5 minutes and carefully take it apart. Use a knife to cut off any extra that oozed out. Your rifle will be range ready in a few minutes after that. Oh, and regular ol' liquid Turtle Wax works pretty good as a release agent to put on your barreled action.
clampdaddy

Postby capt1972 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 pm

jarbo03 wrote:
capt1972 wrote:

If it takes more than a couple sips, you're preparing your drinks wrong.

So true! But you have to take baby steps with RMFC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Volkswagens are a bitch to change the tires on. At least the one I was working on. :lol:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:05 pm

Fucking lug bolts. Always hated that
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Exactly. Pain in the ass.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:01 am

So someone brought up these issues in one of my classes today.
http://wtvr.com/2014/08/26/military-surplus-weapons-sent-to-virginia-college-campuses/
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/sun-investigates/bs-md-sun-investigates-military-gear-colleges-20140822,0,3078038.story
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/08/26/davis-city-council-tells-police-to-get-rid-of-mrap-military-vehicle-in-next-60-days/
My fucking knucklehead liberal teacher said that the police were getting these kinds of things "Because the NRA supports arms dealers selling them to the campus and city police forces, to generate more profit for the NRA." (Even though they are acquiring these things for FREE from the Department of Defense) He then said that "The only reason we have so many gun violence deaths is because the knuckle draggers who want to own as many guns as they want, carry them any time they want, and use them to kill as many people as they want." He said that "people who argue about the registration of guns are imbeciles, because they register every car in America, and they aren't even used to kill people." He also went on about chainsaws, knives, and clubs being tools, but guns aren't tools because they have no purpose but to end life, and some other bullshit.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Goldfish » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:36 am

I hope you report the teacher for their bull shit propaganda
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Woody » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:42 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:So someone brought up these issues in one of my classes today.
http://wtvr.com/2014/08/26/military-surplus-weapons-sent-to-virginia-college-campuses/
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/sun-investigates/bs-md-sun-investigates-military-gear-colleges-20140822,0,3078038.story
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/08/26/davis-city-council-tells-police-to-get-rid-of-mrap-military-vehicle-in-next-60-days/
My fucking knucklehead liberal teacher said that the police were getting these kinds of things "Because the NRA supports arms dealers selling them to the campus and city police forces, to generate more profit for the NRA." (Even though they are acquiring these things for FREE from the Department of Defense) He then said that "The only reason we have so many gun violence deaths is because the knuckle draggers who want to own as many guns as they want, carry them any time they want, and use them to kill as many people as they want." He said that "people who argue about the registration of guns are imbeciles, because they register every car in America, and they aren't even used to kill people." He also went on about chainsaws, knives, and clubs being tools, but guns aren't tools because they have no purpose but to end life, and some other bullshit.

You should inform your parents and your principle.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:45 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:So someone brought up these issues in one of my classes today.

Rex Motherfuckin Chapman his ass.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby (MT)Montanafowler » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:38 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
(MT)Montanafowler wrote:

Aplia

not the same one, thought it might be.

totally sig worthy!
(MT)Montanafowler

Postby hudson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:13 am

My dove season is 7 days away and the next week is teal! Pumped!
hudson

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind