The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby jehler » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:43 pm

bill herian wrote:That small huh?
lol for real
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:19 pm

bill herian wrote:That small huh?

BURN!!! :lol:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Olly wrote:Fleas and Mosquitoes can suck my dick.

Well, they have the right size mouth, anyway, Olly! :lol:
Glimmerjim

Postby Willie » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Yo Olly...Pm'd ya last week. You get it? Third request.
No need to reply at this point; I've figured it out. Just want to make sure my pm is working.
Willie

Postby Olly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:45 pm

Willie wrote:Yo Olly...Pm'd ya last week. You get it? Third request.
No need to reply at this point; I've figured it out. Just want to make sure my pm is working.

PMed.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Willie » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Thank you
Willie

Postby R. Chapman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:24 pm

Finally going to go grouse hunting Sunday! Still deciding on wether to drive the 100 miles to the ranch or go fuck around up on the Sieben Flats or RattleSnake Gulch.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Rick » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:14 am

Go for the Gulch. You can kick snakes if the grouse don't show.
Rick

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:22 am

Rick wrote:Go for the Gulch. You can kick snakes if the grouse don't show.

:lol: them bastards are fast.
R. Chapman

Postby quackhead » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:28 am

Be grouse hunting on sat evening also.
Sat and sun morning is goose, sat eve grouse, sun eve is dove. Should be a good weekend
quackhead

Postby Flightstopper » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:44 am

Ever since we broke the ice for the year with our dove hunt the yella dog has been wound the hell up every morning. Good to see him excited about it but damn he is sending everything in the house flying! :lol:
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:12 am

quackhead wrote:Be grouse hunting on sat evening also.
Sat and sun morning is goose, sat eve grouse, sun eve is dove. Should be a good weekend

Have to work Saturday unfortunately. :(
R. Chapman

Postby Bad17 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:53 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409954004.390311.jpg

It's time
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:05 pm

IMG_20140905_220324201.jpg
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:16 am

Olly wrote:
IMG_20140905_220324201.jpg

You join the klan with nuff?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:24 am

Decided to go scouting instead of hunt.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410002646.668023.jpg
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:30 am

Bout to make some chicken fried hotdogs with nacho cheese for breakfast.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Woody » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:36 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Bout to make some chicken fried hotdogs with nacho cheese for breakfast.

I don't even know what that means.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Pintail » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:02 am

Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Bout to make some chicken fried hotdogs with nacho cheese for breakfast.

Diabetes
Pintail

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:29 am

Woody wrote:

Much better than a bugle
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:58 am

Woody wrote:

Merica?
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Wisconsin bear season opened on Wednesday and it was not an easy hunt briefly put. I emailed my professors and told them I would be missing class, and fortunately, they were all fine with it. It's hard to justify going to school when it took eight years to draw a tag.
My dad and I had been baiting since the beginning of June and knew what bears to expect and when to expect them, the majority coming in the evening between 6:00pm to dark. We decided to get in the stand around 3:00pm to ensure we gave ourselves plenty off time. We had a beautiful sunset and perfect weather with hardly a mosquito to be found but to both our surprise we never saw any bears. Image
We quickly hurried back to our cabin and got inside just as the storm hit. It hailed and hailed and rained and rained all through the night. When we woke up we found that the creek had risen up to its bank and had gone from calf deep to chest deep. Our trail was also completely flooded and made it difficult to get out to the stand.ImageImage
Again, we sat from the late afternoon until dark. We had a sow and cub come in 5 minutes before LST and had to scare them off shortly after. Honestly, it was a little unsettling getting down from the stand and not knowing how close they were to us. We had decided to go out the following morning after checking the camera and seeing that they were hitting the bait early.
We woke up at 4:30 yesterday morning and began to head down the trail and soon discovered that the creek had risen significantly more and walking was near impossible. We turned back and had to use the canoe. The morning produced a different sow and cub and when they left the warm air did as well. The temperature quickly dropped from low 70s to low 50s and the wind picked up as well. We stayed in the stand as long as we could bare, having only a long sleeve shirt on and sitting for hours quickly chilled oneself. We went back, ate breakfast and went out again at noon. Besides squirrels and chipmunks scampering aroundthe woods was pretty quiet and uneventful.Image
At 7:30, as the sun was going down we heard branches breaking behind us and to the right of us. I got in position and could see one 50 yards behind us. He began working his way towards us and didn't present a shot until he was directly beneath my stand. I aimed as best as I could and when I pulled the trigger he dropped in his tracks. I thought I had killed him there but he began crawling away. I loaded another round into the chamber and shot again. I was confident I had hit him a second time but he moved into brush and I couldn't get a third round in him. We could hear his labored breathing and had assumed he would die shortly. Unfortunately, he continued to crawl and wheeze for 45 minutes. By this time it was 9:30 and we knew we would have to find him and finish him off.
We quickly found the massive blood trail and were shocked that he was still alive. As we followed it, we soon discovered that the blood trail was lost in the water. What was normally dry now had three feet of standing water. I stood silently and heard his breathing not 15 yards away. I continued to quietly move to where I had heard his breathing and come to the bank of the creek. I would be lying if I said my heart didn't sink when I saw he had crossed the creek. I stood there shocked and knots quickly grew tight in my stomach.And then I heard him wheeze again. He was directly in front of me lying down in the grass. I knew the only thing to do was cross the creek and put a bullet in his head. I entered the chilly water and my breath quickly escaped me. The water was cold and the air was colder. I was in water up to my neck and held my rifle above my head as I tiptoed to where he was. I cautiously approached, in belly deep water now and immediately saw him. He looked up at me and I quickly finished him off with a round in his head. One bullet left. I felt bad he had suffered so long but was overjoyed when I had finally killed him. I crossed back across the creek to discuss what to do with my dad when a pair of glowing emeralds caught the reflection of my headlamp. I focused my light on the eyes and saw that a cub was in the tree. The other bear we had earlier heard to the right of us was a sow and cub. As my dad and I talked we could hear her growling and it continued to get louder. She was closing in on us fast, no further than 20 yards at her closest point. With only one round left and it being pitch black we quickly decided our best bet would be to float down the creek than face the angry bear. We pulled the bear out of the grass and began our float down. The current quickly grew to swift to slow ourselves and too deep to touch the bottom. I gripped the bear's fur and let the current take me, my dad following close behind. The creek meandered like a snake taking us around corner after corner and we quickly become disoriented, wondering if we had missed the trail or if we were even supposed to go down stream. Nothing was recognizable and the combination of the cold and thought of a bear attack had me terrified. Twenty minutes had passed when I came around a bend and saw our trail. I quickly kicked over and drug the bear into the knee deep water.
We loaded the bear into the canoe as best as we could and walked it back up the trail. We were cold, hungry and tired but successful nonetheless. It wasn't the giant I wanted but given the circumstances, I am 100% satisfied. Thanks for all the good luck wishes guys. I couldn't have done it without dad and I thank God for blessing me with this adventure and keeping us safe. It was a hunt I will never forget.
20140906_092147.jpg
20140906_090736.jpg
20140906_092021.jpg
WisconsinWaterfowler

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Congrats WW!
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Congrats on the bear.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Still a pretty nice bar'
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Nice work!
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:06 pm

That is so cool, WW! Absolutely bad ass write up!
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:21 pm

The world is an awesome place.

Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:49 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410029322.289751.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410029332.070339.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410029341.704368.jpg
day of pumping water
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22