Latest Purchase Thread

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Latest Purchase Thread

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:24 pm

They are good shit. Bought some last season from academy and they work like a charm.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Pant-Guard-Camo/734966.uts?productVariantId=3845563&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=32-396793632-2&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03875730&rid=20

Why would this need to be camo?

Bc they look cooooool in camo.
I almost bought some of these the other day but went with the fleece wader pants instead. Let us know how they work FF, instill might grab a set. For 5 bucks it's worth trying them out.

I posted that for you. They're great when wader pants are too much. Spend the $5, and stop trying to tuck your pants into your socks.

I don't think wader pants will ever be too much for me as far as warmth goes :lol:
Thin thin blood. I've openly admitted I'm the worlds biggest pussy when it comes to being cold.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby firstflight » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:01 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Pant-Guard-Camo/734966.uts?productVariantId=3845563&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=32-396793632-2&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03875730&rid=20

I almost bought some of these the other day but went with the fleece wader pants instead. Let us know how they work FF, instill might grab a set. For 5 bucks it's worth trying them out.

I posted that for you. They're great when wader pants are too much. Spend the $5, and stop trying to tuck your pants into your socks.

I don't think wader pants will ever be too much for me as far as warmth goes :lol:
Thin thin blood. I've openly admitted I'm the worlds biggest pussy when it comes to being cold.

I am also one that gets cold easy .
I have went through a lot of gear over the years . What I am running now under armour 4.0 base top and 4.0 bottoms , under armour infrared shirt , under armour skysweeper jacket , under armour skysweeper bibs .under armour armour over the caff socks , muck arctic pros .and Under armour infrared face mask
and I hunt the cold it get around - 20 here at the end of the season .
firstflight

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:09 pm

firstflight wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Goldfish wrote:[quote="Feelin' Fowl"]http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Pant-Guard-Camo/734966.uts?productVariantId=3845563&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=32-396793632-2&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03875730&rid=20

I have went through a lot of gear over the years . What I am running now under armour 4.0 base top and 4.0 bottoms , under armour infrared shirt , under armour skysweeper jacket , under armour skysweeper bibs .under armour armour over the caff socks , muck arctic pros .and Under armour infrared face mask
and I hunt the cold it get around - 20 here at the end of the season .[/quote]
UA is so damn expensive though. I just got all me cabelas fleece gear in the mail. Gona have to wait a few moths to try them out I guess.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby firstflight » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:29 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
firstflight wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:[quote="Goldfish"][quote="Feelin' Fowl"]http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Pant-Guard-Camo/734966.uts?productVariantId=3845563&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=32-396793632-2&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03875730&rid=20

and I hunt the cold it get around - 20 here at the end of the season .[/quote]
UA is so damn expensive though. I just got all me cabelas fleece gear in the mail. Gona have to wait a few moths to try them out I guess.[/quote]
Yes but so is having to buy new gear to try to be warm, year after year .under armour is definitely worth the money .plus no more bulky Shit to wear.
the new inferred gear they have out now is great stuff .
I just ordered 2 pairs of the new inferred socks .
firstflight

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:28 pm

You were making a lot of sense until I went and priced out some UA gear. Shit. I really like that sky sweeper jacket though.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Steele22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:44 pm

UA is for weenies. Shit is terrible, drake has good clothing
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby sws002 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Steele22 wrote:UA is for weenies. Shit is terrible, drake has good clothing

You must be retarded. I've never been impressed with Drake anything. Just today I watched a very attractive, very skinny girl absolutely struggle to get her head through the hole on a men's size medium Drake hoodie. I will put my Skysweeper jacket up against anything in it's class. I own the Skysweeper Extreme and have yet to need to wear it in 3 seasons, a hoodie and the jacket are more than warm enough and as comfortable as one will ever need to be.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Steele22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Nope. They suck ass
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Steele22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:51 pm

The hoodies are small. I'm talking the coats and pullovers. Best wader pants on the market too
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby sws002 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:55 pm

Steele22 wrote:Best wader pants on the market too

This is a joke, right? Wader pants? You mean sweat pants?
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby Steele22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Fuck no, stirruped wader pants. I have UA cold gear too. I'll mail it to you if you pay shipping to get it outta my damn way. I hate it
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Olly » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:12 pm

A case of Kent for this season.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:37 pm

1 case? You ll need that just for superior
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:38 pm

jehler wrote:1 case? You ll need that just for superior

Ha! You don't know how shitty the hunting is down here in the Delta. So many hunters. Maybe I'll burn through it if my MI trip turns out to be good.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:56 pm

With more than 10 years working in a cold storage environment I'll say that UA cold gear is fantastic, and worth the investment. Check Sierra Trading Post for deals on the skysweeper line. Between the discounts, and coupon codes you can get the jacket for well under $100.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Steele22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:00 pm

For weenies
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Steele22 wrote:For weenies

Pffftt!
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Steele22 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Lmao. I love that
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby sws002 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:22 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:With more than 10 years working in a cold storage environment I'll say that UA cold gear is fantastic, and worth the investment. Check Sierra Trading Post for deals on the skysweeper line. Between the discounts, and coupon codes you can get the jacket for well under $100.

Checking.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby firstflight » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:45 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:You were making a lot of sense until I went and priced out some UA gear. Shit. I really like that sky sweeper jacket though.

If you look around you can get it cheep . You have to look around for the best price .
I Hunt the cold weather every day .my 12 year old hunts it ever day he can get out . I would not pimp something I didn't believe in and knew it worked .with 37 years of waterfowling I have been cold .
firstflight

Postby bill herian » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:17 am

STP is a magical place.
bill herian

Postby Duckdog » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:53 am

There is no doubt UA works. But the fact of the matter is most of it is just plain old polyester. A synthetic fabric that basically does the same thing as wool. (I don't know anything about the coat you guys are talking about though)
The problem with UA is it is grossly over priced for what it is. Just because it has the "UA" logo on it doesn't make the polyester better...it's still just polyester.
Some people can't get past that, and that's fine, but when you have 2 long sleeve thermal underwear shirts right next to each other, and they're both the same weight of polyester, and one is $100 and the other is $10...it's a no brainer to me.
When it comes to some of that stuff, the old saying, "You get what you pay for" simply doesn't apply.
And they know that...it's a marketing ploy.
I'm not dogging the UA...it's just ridiculously priced.

You can get the same stuff, maybe even better, at an army surplus store for a fraction of the cost.
If you've never tried it, look for the old school army polypropylene thermal long underwear. It's ugly as sin, but holy shit is it warm!
http://www.armysurplusworld.com/display ... mentID=284
Duckdog

Postby firstflight » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:38 am

Duckdog wrote:There is no doubt UA works. But the fact of the matter is most of it is just plain old polyester. A synthetic fabric that basically does the same thing as wool. (I don't know anything about the coat you guys are talking about though)
The problem with UA is it is grossly over priced for what it is. Just because it has the "UA" logo on it doesn't make the polyester better...it's still just polyester.
Some people can't get past that, and that's fine, but when you have 2 long sleeve thermal underwear shirts right next to each other, and they're both the same weight of polyester, and one is $100 and the other is $10...it's a no brainer to me.
When it comes to some of that stuff, the old saying, "You get what you pay for" simply doesn't apply.
And they know that...it's a marketing ploy.
I'm not dogging the UA...it's just ridiculously priced.

You can get the same stuff, maybe even better, at an army surplus store for a fraction of the cost.
If you've never tried it, look for the old school army polypropylene thermal long underwear. It's ugly as sin, but holy shit is it warm!
http://www.armysurplusworld.com/display ... mentID=284

Well there more then just poly in the u/a, they also put ceramic , plastics,wool in the new stuff not trying to push it on you , just letting you know it works great .
firstflight

Postby firstflight » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:45 am

Rocky also make something along that line that works okay you can get at wal mart my dad had some .
there's 3 different weights , Brown light , black mid , gray heavy .
firstflight

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:46 am

Stand by...
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:04 am

Ok
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:18 am

I can only stand so long, Dan.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:48 am

I've been waiting 6 months, you can wait a couple hours.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby firstflight » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Did I miss something ????
firstflight

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind