The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:55 am

ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Hey I've got D in the class so I couldn't be happier.

D=Degree

Yes it does. And a job at Mickie D's and if you are lucky, the fight for 15 will be successful.
SpinnerMan

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:00 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:

D=Degree

Yes it does. And a job at Mickie D's and if you are lucky, the fight for 15 will be successful.

I'd work at Mickie d's for 15 in a heartbeat. I'd weigh 900 lbs though.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:05 am

ohioduck wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:

D=Degree

I would have too when I was 16 and if I got it, I may still be working there. That's big money for a dumbass teenager. No problem geting a POS car, beer, fishing, and hunting gear with plenty of free time to chase dumbass teenage girls. Why would you ever give that up to spend years being broke for a job that doesn't seem like it will be anything but a drag on your awesome teenage life?
SpinnerMan

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:11 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:

D=Degree

I would have too when I was 16 and if I got it, I may still be working there. That's big money for a dumbass teenager. No problem geting a POS car, beer, fishing, and hunting gear with plenty of free time to chase dumbass teenage girls. Why would you ever give that up to spend years being broke for a job that doesn't seem like it will be anything but a drag on your awesome teenage life?

Sounds like heaven to me buddy.
ohioduck

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:18 am

ohioduck wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:I'd work at Mickie d's for 15 in a heartbeat. I'd weigh 900 lbs though.

Hell nearly always does. Why do you think so many people volunteer for it? It has a great marketing department.

They even have a nice new sign pointing the way.

SpinnerMan

Postby Goldfish » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:27 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:

D=Degree

Cigarettes are expensive these days
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:30 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:I'd work at Mickie d's for 15 in a heartbeat. I'd weigh 900 lbs though.

Hell nearly always does. Why do you think so many people volunteer for it? It has a great marketing department.

A man over 25 and under 60 should not work at a Mcdonalds.
ohioduck

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:48 am

ohioduck wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

A man over 25 and under 60 should not work at a Mcdonalds.

I'd go as far to say over 20.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:49 am

R. Chapman wrote:I'd go as far to say over 20.

A college kid is excused if they are full time students.
ohioduck

Postby Woody » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:06 am

ohioduck wrote:

most should be interning by the time you are 20
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:28 am

Woody wrote:
ohioduck wrote:

Generally I'd agree, and there should be better jobs available to you by that time. Although part time while in school, they are incredibly flexible with you. My cousin worked at McDonalds for most of her college.

I worked in a door factory for my summer job including the first summer right out of high school. I probably made the equivalent of $15/hr, but there was no fucking way I wanted to do that for the rest of my life. Now most of the people working there for their entire working life, well, let's just say, this seemed like a very good job for them. Of course, maybe that was just what happens to you after 20 years of that kind of mindless work.

I always felt bad for Moo Moo. However, that's because I assumed or maybe it was just hoped that the reason for his nickname was baseless. He was called Moo Moo because of an alleged affair with a woman of the bovine persuasion in his younger days and we are not talking figuratively.

One summer, the Turkey Hill a couple blocks away put up a giant cow as a promotion. It was a tough summer for Moo Moo. Despite all the allegations, I never saw him up there with his ladder getting after the giant cow.
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:48 am

ohioduck wrote:

D=Degree

People always say that. But I had to retake 2 classes because I get a D in them.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:01 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Woody wrote:
ohioduck wrote:

Generally I'd agree, and there should be better jobs available to you by that time. Although part time while in school, they are incredibly flexible with you. My cousin worked at McDonalds for most of her college.

I worked in a door factory for my summer job including the first summer right out of high school. I probably made the equivalent of $15/hr, but there was no fucking way I wanted to do that for the rest of my life. Now most of the people working there for their entire working life, well, let's just say, this seemed like a very good job for them. Of course, maybe that was just what happens to you after 20 years of that kind of mindless work.

I always felt bad for Moo Moo. However, that's because I assumed or maybe it was just hoped that the reason for his nickname was baseless. He was called Moo Moo because of an alleged affair with a woman of the bovine persuasion in his younger days and we are not talking figuratively.

One summer, the Turkey Hill a couple blocks away put up a giant cow as a promotion. It was a tough summer for Moo Moo. Despite all the allegations, I never saw him up there with his ladder getting after the giant cow.

When I worked at Dominos, there were two kids there that were 21 and 23. Both losers. The 21 yr old dropped out of community college because it was "too hard." The 23 yr old quit his job at my mom's work place (SAF) leaving benefits, retirement, and better pay because "he didn't want to help people with their loans." It's really pathetic. Leave a job paying you $25/hour with benefits and retirement to go work for a job making $11/hour and that's it. Sad.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:05 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioduck wrote:

D=Degree

Lol I had a 4.0 before this.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:18 am

R. Chapman wrote:The 21 yr old dropped out of community college because it was "too hard."
Is she a parking lot clerk?

BTW, I think Britt proves that she doesn't have nearly the brain she thinks she did.

I love how the clerk says at the beginning when threatened that she will play the video and it has no impact on her. I guess they didn't teacher Britt about youtube when she got that degree.

And she's not even drunk or on drugs. She's just an awful human being straight up sober.
SpinnerMan

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:21 am

R. Chapman wrote:What happened last night...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429276068.830332.jpg

I would suck start a shotgun if there was still snow on the ground here. :-x
ohioduck

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:46 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:The 21 yr old dropped out of community college because it was "too hard."
Is she a parking lot clerk?

BTW, I think Britt proves that she doesn't have nearly the brain she thinks she did.

I love how the clerk says at the beginning when threatened that she will play the video and it has no impact on her. I guess they didn't teacher Britt about youtube when she got that degree.

And she's not even drunk or on drugs. She's just an awful human being straight up sober.

She has a degree in journalism. I can safely assume she has never been very intelligent. A degree doesn't mean shit if it didn't take much to get it.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:52 am

I'd still give her 10 minutes.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Ho Lee fuck. We are trying to formulate feeds in class and some of these kids are about to have a mental breakdown. It's not that difficult.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Nobody is ever above working at McDonalds. Don't bring that entitlement mentality here. If you need money, and that's the job available, then you better march your ass down there and work. I'm not paying taxes because you think you are too good for a job
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Goldfish wrote:Nobody is ever above working at McDonalds. Don't bring that entitlement mentality here. If you need money, and that's the job available, then you better march your ass down there and work. I'm not paying taxes because you think you are too good for a job

PFFFTTTT. I aint working no Mcdonalds.
ohioduck

Postby Woody » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Goldfish wrote:Nobody is ever above working at McDonalds. Don't bring that entitlement mentality here. If you need money, and that's the job available, then you better march your ass down there and work. I'm not paying taxes because you think you are too good for a job

No one said different. Just that if that is the situation you need to try and change it, not ask the go to tell MDs to pay you 15 a hour.
Woody

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:17 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Ho Lee fuck. We are trying to formulate feeds in class and some of these kids are about to have a mental breakdown. It's not that difficult.

throw the damn things Hay and be done with it.
ohioduck

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Woody wrote:

No one said different. Just that if that is the situation you need to try and change it, not ask the go to tell MDs to pay you 15 a hour.

x2

Something went wrong if you are working at the same job that a 16 year old kid can do when you are 25. If you have moved up the chain and are at McDonald's doing something that cannot be done by a 16 year old with a few days of training, then that is also something very different.

Whatever went wrong, the solution is not to expect to get paid more than a 16 year old kid when doing the same job as they are. And if you pay a 16 year old like you pay someone that is 25 years old, who has a DECADE more experience, you are not helping that kid. You are likely encouraging him to make bad decisions about his future.

What went wrong that led you to this point? If you don't know, you better figure it out fast. If you do, if it was beyond your control, sorry to here that, if your family or friend, I'll gladly do what I can to help you out since you are a stand up person.

It's a big red flag. Be warned. If you are unaware that something has gone seriously wrong in your life that lead you to this point, you should. You are failing. You are still failing even if you manage to get the $15/hr.
SpinnerMan

Postby ohioduck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:34 pm

If you pay a 16-18 yo kid 15 an hour, where is the incentive to leave that job to do better. Around 15+ an hour is a hard job to find unless it is a highly skilled or union job. All entry level fast food should be just that a stepping stone to get you through HS and early college. Till you can find a "real " job. If I lost my job today, I'm not above McD's or arbys or anything like that, but I'm not leaving my job to go to Jimmy Johns because this job is too hard lol.
ohioduck

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:45 pm

After working in the pizza business for a year and a half and then going over to working with trailers and on a ranch, I can't see myself going back.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Please kill me if I do.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:53 pm

X10000 but that don't mean you should make 15 an hour flipping burgers. That's an incentive to move on.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:56 pm

ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Ho Lee fuck. We are trying to formulate feeds in class and some of these kids are about to have a mental breakdown. It's not that difficult.

Chickens are non ruminant animals. They'd starve to death.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:58 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
ohioduck wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Ho Lee ****. We are trying to formulate feeds in class and some of these kids are about to have a mental breakdown. It's not that difficult.

Chickens are non ruminant animals. They'd starve to death.

You are lying. An environmental-whacko past friend of my wife told me with all seriousness that they feed chickens urine soaked saw dust. If that don't kill them, hay sure as hell won't.
SpinnerMan

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind