The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:24 am

Bad17 wrote:Man I am sick and tired of the rain. I feel like I am living in the northwest.

As far as I'm concerned it can keep rolling in. We ain't seen rain like this in 8-10 years. It's a pain but much needed.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:21 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bad17 wrote:Man I am sick and tired of the rain. I feel like I am living in the northwest.

As far as I'm concerned it can keep rolling in. We ain't seen rain like this in 8-10 years. It's a pain but much needed.

You can deal with it. Lakes are full. It can quit. It's past annoying. I have gotten over 12" in the last 7 days alone. It's ridiculous.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Throbbin Rods » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:34 am

I am always proud of my two daughters but this week my chest is puffed out quite a bit more.

Daughter #1 closes on her brand new home built just for her this afternoon. She is a single parent to two boys and works her tail off. She recently got a huge promotion and decided she was done renting a house. Her boys are excelling in school and sports, and she spends a lot of time doing things with them.

Daughter #2 called yesterday and during the conversation informed me that when she graduates from college on May 9 it will be Summa Cum Laude. She has worked 35-50 hours a week doing child care for all 4 years, was a student teacher in American Sign Language classes at her college, and spent last summer in DC getting certified at the highest level for ASL.

As I reflect back on raising these two I can think of very few problems and lots of laughter. They both happened to be in town the night my Dad passed away, followed me to the ER and held me together that night. Both spent hundreds of hours fishing with me, riding around looking for deer in late summer, rides to Winnipesaukee in the spring to see if the ice was out yet. Thousands of games of cribbage. Taught them both and all of their friends how to play poker. I used to empty my poker bag and divide it up and then we would play until one person had all the money. Teaching them to ride the ATV's

I do regret that they both moved far away from NH, but am proud that they have the independence and strength to make those moves.

Proud Papa? You better believe it!!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Deltaman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:22 am

Throbbin Rods wrote:I am always proud of my two daughters but this week my chest is puffed out quite a bit more.

Daughter #1 closes on her brand new home built just for her this afternoon. She is a single parent to two boys and works her tail off. She recently got a huge promotion and decided she was done renting a house. Her boys are excelling in school and sports, and she spends a lot of time doing things with them.

Daughter #2 called yesterday and during the conversation informed me that when she graduates from college on May 9 it will be Summa Cum Laude. She has worked 35-50 hours a week doing child care for all 4 years, was a student teacher in American Sign Language classes at her college, and spent last summer in DC getting certified at the highest level for ASL.

As I reflect back on raising these two I can think of very few problems and lots of laughter. They both happened to be in town the night my Dad passed away, followed me to the ER and held me together that night. Both spent hundreds of hours fishing with me, riding around looking for deer in late summer, rides to Winnipesaukee in the spring to see if the ice was out yet. Thousands of games of cribbage. Taught them both and all of their friends how to play poker. I used to empty my poker bag and divide it up and then we would play until one person had all the money. Teaching them to ride the ATV's

I do regret that they both moved far away from NH, but am proud that they have the independence and strength to make those moves.

Congratulations for a lifetime of parenting direction Bill, and now you are enjoying the payoff! When raising children, the nights are long, but the years are short. Revel in them brother :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:38 am

Baltimore right now.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:47 am

Bad17 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

You can deal with it. Lakes are full. It can quit. It's past annoying. I have gotten over 12" in the last 7 days alone. It's ridiculous.

Get your shit together and go fishing. Texoma is still way low and I could tell ya what Ray Roberts looks like. Creeks are running nicely. We've been sacking cats up like the good old days the past two weeks. Well my family has I just got to fish Friday and Saturday. Fuckin college.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:50 am

Olly wrote:Baltimore right now.

No shit. That mayor ought to be kicked out of office. Those cops ought to have everybody's respect after what the did yesterday. I would have been nothing but flailing batons beating the fuckin shit out of those sonsabitches. All those people bitching cause the police did nothing need to suck it up and reap what they sow.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 am

They bitched in Ferguson for doing too much, dressed up like the military. Now they bitch because they do nothing. It's a loose, loose situation when people choose to riot in this manner. Nothing you can do when you've let it reach the point of boiling over.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:58 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:All those people bitching cause the police did nothing

Well that guy did die in a pretty odd way while in police custody... So I do understand the anger but what is happening isn't a protest it's terrorism and the leaders of the 1960's civil rights movement would be turning in their graves if they knew how the black community was acting in 2015. This is not the way to handle this, looting and setting fire to random stores does not help your cause against police brutality in the slightest sense.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:09 am

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:All those people bitching cause the police did nothing

Well that guy did die in a pretty odd way while in police custody... So I do understand the anger but what is happening isn't a protest it's terrorism and the leaders of the 1960's civil rights movement would be turning in their graves if they knew how the black community was acting in 2015. This is not the way to handle this, looting and setting fire to random stores does not help your cause against police brutality in the slightest sense.

No they did nothing last night. I've watched the videos of Freddie Gray and it looks like it was just a tragic accident to me. I wasn't there so maybe they did curb stomp the fuck out of the poor kid I don't know. But burning shit down then terrorizing the firefighters coming to your aid? Yeah I would have said fuck you and drove off as the city burned. Shit like this isn't acceptable behavior and the fact that the mayor tied the police's hands last night was absolute bullshit.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:11 am

Flightstopper wrote:They bitched in Ferguson for doing too much, dressed up like the military. Now they bitch because they do nothing. It's a loose, loose situation when people choose to riot in this manner. Nothing you can do when you've let it reach the point of boiling over.

Exactly. They knew that shit was gonna happen and the mayor said let it happen then tried to cover her ass. The guard should have been called in as soon as the threats started.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:12 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
No they did nothing last night. I've watched the videos of Freddie Gray and it looks like it was just a tragic accident to me. I wasn't there so maybe they did curb stomp the fuck out of the poor kid I don't know. But burning shit down then terrorizing the firefighters coming to your aid? Yeah I would have said fuck you and drove off as the city burned. Shit like this isn't acceptable behavior and the fact that the mayor tied the police's hands last night was absolute bullshit.

Yes and I agreed that their actions were not the way to handle this. I said that.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:14 am

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Yes and I agreed that their actions were not the way to handle this. I said that.

I wasn't saying you didn't just alittle pissed off.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:23 am

Well it's fucking raining again
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:35 am

Bad17 wrote:Well it's fucking raining again

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430235352.791748.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 am

Well you keep partying over the rain. I just swan across a pasture to cut fence to let cows out before they drowned. Had to do that in 3 pastures now. Enough is enough. You can have the rain north of Dallas. I don't want it.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:41 am

It'll stop and we'll all be bitching about not having rain. One extreme to the other.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:43 am

Doesn't look like it's gonna rain the rest of the week so I'd get ready for more.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:31 am

You won't hear me bitching about no rain. The less rain in my area equals more ducks on my property. Have a spring fed tank.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:34 am

Hay will be cheaper this year as long as summer doesn't come around with all of hells fury and burn the grass up.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:45 am

It won't be that much cheaper. Like I said you can have the rain up there. I don't need no more till July.
Bad17

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Throbbin Rods wrote:I am always proud of my two daughters but this week my chest is puffed out quite a bit more.

You done good.
Rick

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Bad17 wrote:It won't be that much cheaper. Like I said you can have the rain up there. I don't need no more till July.

There it is. In all seriousness it needs to slow down a bit. We're getting behind on mowing and I really don't want to fuck with a ton of Mosquitos. The running water is keeping them at bay for now.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:18 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Bad17 wrote:It won't be that much cheaper. Like I said you can have the rain up there. I don't need no more till July.

There it is. In all seriousness it needs to slow down a bit. We're getting behind on mowing and I really don't want to fuck with a ton of Mosquitos. The running water is keeping them at bay for now.

My back yard is lousey with them after it rains. It's so humid down here I think they hatch in the moist air.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

My back yard is lousey with them after it rains. It's so humid down here I think they hatch in the moist air.

First hatch must of done happened cause we got eat up at the lake Friday night. They weren't overly thick so I didn't pay them much attention but when the rain stops it'll be bad. We got some oil leases that you have to wear long sleeve shirts and face masks soaked in permathon just to get out of the truck.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Permethrin is what the shits called not permathon. Deet doesn't even phase the bastards. You gotta be careful with it though cause if it gets on your skin it'll fuck up your liver.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:08 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Permethrin is what the shits called not permathon. Deet doesn't even phase the bastards. You gotta be careful with it though cause if it gets on your skin it'll fuck up your liver.

It's what's sprayed for abatement, so a whole lot of livers are fucked.
Rick

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:19 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430197692.899614.jpg

Killed a monster carp tonight

Congrats Nuff. What's the weight?

Didn't put it on the scale. Around 30-35 though
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Rick wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Permethrin is what the shits called not permathon. Deet doesn't even phase the bastards. You gotta be careful with it though cause if it gets on your skin it'll fuck up your liver.

It's what's sprayed for abatement, so a whole lot of livers are fucked.

I mean hose yourself down like you would with regular spay. We ended up sick the first year we used it. The directions clearly say to only use on clothing but I've never been one for reading directions.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Man fuck captain ds, go in there wait 30 mins for my food. Assholes walking in and leaving after waiting 5 minutes. Meanwhile we have a crying baby with us. Guess we were the wrong color. Namsayn?
Never again assholes.
FlintRiverFowler

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind