The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:04 pm

Cop idk where the fuck GOP came from.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Bad17 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:13 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Cop idk where the fuck GOP came from.

Chen fried brain
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:18 pm

I DO understand the best I can without being a police officer myself that police have a dangerous job. However when the police start treating everyone as criminals before even speaking to them that's all everyone will be to them and it fosters a "us vs. you" attitude that police just cannot have.

Police AND civilians need to start working together for mutual trust and the mutual goal of keeping our streets safe. Police need to stop treating everyone like criminals from the start, need to STOP covering up for bad police and civilians need to remember police have dangerous jobs and need help doing their job as long as that help doesn't infringe upon our civil liberties.

I'm not a criminal, I will not allow my rights to be subjugated for anyone else's purpose.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Bad17 wrote:

Chen fried brain
stupid auto correct

Chem fried brain
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Olly wrote:I DO understand the best I can without being a police officer myself that police have a dangerous job. However when the police start treating everyone as criminals before even speaking to them that's all everyone will be to them and it fosters a "us vs. you" attitude that police just cannot have.

Police AND civilians need to start working together for mutual trust and the mutual goal of keeping our streets safe. Police need to stop treating everyone like criminals from the start, need to STOP covering up for bad police and civilians need to remember police have dangerous jobs and need help doing their job as long as that help doesn't infringe upon our civil liberties.

I'm not a criminal, I will not allow my rights to be subjugated for anyone else's purpose.

You know I wouldn't have an issue with police if I had never met a game warden in my life. Every person a GW comes across is armed and most are a way better shot than the general public. Yet they aren't hostile are very calm and don't demand your gun other than to check a plug.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Bad17 wrote:
Bad17 wrote:

Chen fried brain
stupid auto correct

Chem fried brain

That or autocorrect.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:36 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
You know I wouldn't have an issue with police if I had never met a game warden in my life. Every person a GW comes across is armed and most are a way better shot than the general public. Yet they aren't hostile are very calm and don't demand your gun other than to check a plug.

I will agree, on hunting forums there is a lot of hate for GW's but I've never met one that was anything but polite and professional with me.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby ohioduck » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:44 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

I will agree, on hunting forums there is a lot of hate for GW's but I've never met one that was anything but polite and professional with me.

Our Gw is a good guy, I've called and asked him a couple of questions really polite and professional.
I hate being Bi-polar, It's awesome.
ohioduck

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:44 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

I've met two that were absolute motherfuckers. The reason for my hate for them is about road kill deer but that's another story. All of the other ones are great. We met one that was being an asshole so we did it back and we ended up being real good friends with him after that. Had a run in with a federal game warden last weekend. Guy was a great dude asked for our licenses and we bullshitted with him a minute. It takes a whole nother breed of cop to do their job and I have nothing but respect for most of them.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Woody » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Here's a thought... Most GW love the samethings we do so they can relate to us and they are payed 2 or maybe 3 times as much as cops. So, I am not surprised they treat us better.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Woody wrote:Here's a thought... Most GW love the samethings we do so they can relate to us and they are payed 2 or maybe 3 times as much as cops. So, I am not surprised they treat us better.

Our GWs do shifts on the border. They put up with worse shit than cops do.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Woody wrote:Here's a thought... Most GW love the samethings we do so they can relate to us and they are payed 2 or maybe 3 times as much as cops. So, I am not surprised they treat us better.

I thought the salarys were pretty close? I've always heard GW's didn't make a lot.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Olly wrote:

I thought the salarys were pretty close? I've always heard GW's didn't make a lot.

It's just hearsay, but I've heard the opposite.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:

Probably based on the state. States with more hunting and tourism from hunting probably pay a little better.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Anybody need call boxes or bags?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430424626.655751.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:17 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Anybody need call boxes or bags?

I own like 3 calls and they always stay on my lanyard. I always lose it until right before the season :lol: I think it's in my center console of my truck right now. Or the glove box.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DixieDawg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Game wardens in Tennessee make considerably more than cops on average 12k-15k more
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:28 pm

I interview a lot of young guys that say they want to be GW and one of the best ways to do that is to get military LE experience and the CG is the best way to do that. From what I've seen they are pretty sought after jobs even if the pay is less.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Anybody need call boxes or bags?

I own like 3 calls and they always stay on my lanyard. I always lose it until right before the season :lol: I think it's in my center console of my truck right now. Or the glove box.

That's not good for them.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Course I doubt your lanyard has almost $1000 hanging on it.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Goldfish » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:
Goldfish wrote:One dog photo shoot, that's a fluke. But when she has another, she's now a model. My dog is better at taking pictures than hunting

What?

X2

My dog has now officially had more modeling gigs than ducks retrieved
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:25 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Course I doubt your lanyard has almost $1000 hanging on it.

I believe I got one of my calls by trading for some Taco Bell one post hunt trip.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Olly wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Course I doubt your lanyard has almost $1000 hanging on it.

I believe I got one of my calls by trading for some Taco Bell one post hunt trip.

That's pretty funny right there. What calls do you have.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Olly wrote:

Nice

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:13 pm

Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:

A brown one, and a white one and a primos whistle. Seriously I've never been a big caller duck hunting has so many different things to get into and calling has never been part if I was good at or got super into.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bad17 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:15 pm

Olly wrote:
Bad17 wrote:
Olly wrote:

A brown one, and a white one and a primos whistle. Seriously I've never been a big caller duck hunting has so many different things to get into and calling has never been part if I was good at or got super into.

I like that a brown one and a white one. As long as they work.
Bad17

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:01 pm

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:

Exact same pay scale as the State Troopers in Michigan.

As with most State/Fed LE jobs, they start off fairly low, but get ramped up fairly quickly (like top of pay scale in 5-6 years)...they also go work wherever they are told.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:25 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:..they also go work wherever they are told.

That's not normal?
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:30 pm

Putting new speakers in my truck and they couldn't make the back ones any more of a pain in the ass to get at. Had to take the back seat completely out to get at 2 5" speakers.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:42 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:Putting new speakers in my truck and they couldn't make the back ones any more of a pain in the ass to get at. Had to take the back seat completely out to get at 2 5" speakers.

But alteast now you'll be bangin.
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind