The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Goldfish wrote:
Olly wrote:What a world we live in when Facebook getting a "dislike" button makes the national morning news.

I'm sure it'll not actually give a "dislike" like how it counts "likes" but it'll remove the things from your feed to further profile who you are

Truth. The level they already profile is ridiculous. I don't know if people just don't care or are oblivious. Facebook pissed me off royally when they screened what showed up in my feed the first time. Keeping gun related stuff off and some of the far right political posts some pages post every now and again. I stay away as much as I can.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Deltaman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:17 pm

I check facebook about as often as I cut my hair :o ...................it is a great way to catch up with old friends and family but dammit man, some people need to get a life and live it :lol:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Goldfish wrote:
Olly wrote:What a world we live in when Facebook getting a "dislike" button makes the national morning news.

I'm sure it'll not actually give a "dislike" like how it counts "likes" but it'll remove the things from your feed to further profile who you are

I actually heard the story. They are looking for something to show empathy.

My mother is dying of cancer - it got 15 likes :?

I don't think they will go with dislike. Maybe they should use bummer.

My mother is dying of cancer - it got 15 bummers.

It works better anyways.
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:57 pm

I just had to show this ghetto manager at Walmart AL state law about military non resident pricing for hunting licences. Then I had to show him on the computer how to do it so I wasn't charged out of state fees.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Bulldog0156 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Olly wrote:I just had to show this ghetto manager at Walmart AL state law about military non resident pricing for hunting licences. Then I had to show him on the computer how to do it so I wasn't charged out of state fees.

I feel like that's what you get for purchasing hunting licenses at walmart.
Bulldog0156

Postby Goldfish » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:35 am

Bulldog0156 wrote:
Olly wrote:I just had to show this ghetto manager at Walmart AL state law about military non resident pricing for hunting licences. Then I had to show him on the computer how to do it so I wasn't charged out of state fees.

Truth
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Bad17 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:30 am

Goldfish wrote:
Bulldog0156 wrote:

Truth

But they wanna make $16.00 an hour.
If it flies it dies. If it lands... It dies too.
Bad17

Postby Olly » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 am

Bad17 wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
Bulldog0156 wrote:

Truth

But they wanna make $16.00 an hour.

Should have given me $16.00 off!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:24 am

I stopped at Gander Mountain on Tuesday and decided to pick up my archery tags for the Oct 1 open. The woman at the register made me think, oh crap, it may go like Olly described. Exactly the opposite. This young lady really knew what she was doing. Asked if I wanted my turkey tags since a lot of guys get them in case they see a turkey while archery hunting. She asked about my HIP since it didn't show on her screen and she saw my duck stamp. :thumbsup:

I guess I was engaging in sexism and youthism. I'm pretty sure this young lady is not making a career out of running a register, but just working her way through school or something. I hope so. She was on the ball.

The reason I stopped is I wanted to get some bologna mix to try and make some goose bologna. So far I have not been real happy with different things I tried. Smoked it last night. Tried some after it cooled before I went to bed. Still a little warm, but it was really good. Hope it tastes as well cold, but I think I may have found a winner.
SpinnerMan

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Just got in my first wreck. Wonderful experience that was
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Congratulations! Now you've got that behind you.
Rick

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:54 pm

Since they gave us the ability to buy online I haven't bothered to buy in a store...less than 6 minutes to buy 3 deer tags, small game, waterfowl, HIP, Fed duck stamp woodcock survey, furbearer's (with cat tags), and all-species fish licenses.

Soooooo simple and nearly painless.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Bad17 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:03 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Just got in my first wreck. Wonderful experience that was

Well I'm glad your ok. Congrats.
Bad17

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:07 pm

Rick wrote:Congratulations! Now you've got that behind you.

Lol pretty much my response too.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:08 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:Just got in my first wreck. Wonderful experience that was

I hope it wasn't too bad. I've been in two where my truck was totaled. Really sucks, but nobody was hurt, so the machine can be replaced.

My wife was driving one and I was driving them other. Whenever she gives me too much grief about my driving I tell her she totaled as many vehicles as I have. :lol: She doesn't find it funny. Neither was our fault.
SpinnerMan

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:33 am

I was driving a friends focus. Was stopped in the road to make a turn and he basically clipped us on the rear passenger side. Felt like a hard takeoff on a roller coaster. Other guys car was totaled. If youda seen the cars they did't look like they came from the same wreck.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Looks like a simple mud hole right?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442636460.070570.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Wrong.....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442636528.219457.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:23 pm

40" deep in the ruts. Dry everywhere else with hard clay. 4 ton winch couldn't pull it forward. Took 3 Chevys to pull it backward after a lot of digging to free the front axle.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Rick » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:36 am

Now there are three guys who can't shut up about how their Chevy had to pull your Dodge out.
Rick

Postby Olly » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:40 am

Rick wrote:Now there are three guys who can't shut up about how their Chevy had to pull your Dodge out.

Only would have taken 1 dodge to do the job.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:42 am

Olly wrote:
Rick wrote:Now there are three guys who can't shut up about how their Chevy had to pull your Dodge out.

I shoulda put it in gear after I was out and pulled them all backward while they were still hooked to me. Haha
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Bad17 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:26 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:

I shoulda put it in gear after I was out and pulled them all backward while they were still hooked to me. Haha

Should have
Bad17

Postby Goldfish » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:25 am

That's wicked nuff. Why was it so deep, or did you just make it that deep trying to get out?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:51 am

Goldfish wrote:That's wicked nuff. Why was it so deep, or did you just make it that deep trying to get out?

He likes spending money. :lol: :lol:
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:15 pm

God damn I'm tired of these fires. I just got let back into my house last night for the first time in a week. I'm thankful though because my house is still standing unlike a lot of people. Whole damn state is burning up. http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/09/20/valley-fire-now-ranked-6-among-states-most-damaging-wildfires/
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Bad17 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:01 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:God damn I'm tired of these fires. I just got let back into my house last night for the first time in a week. I'm thankful though because my house is still standing unlike a lot of people. Whole damn state is burning up. http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/09/20/valley-fire-now-ranked-6-among-states-most-damaging-wildfires/

Sorry bro. Hate to hear that. Glad you still have your house and stuff.
Bad17

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Goldfish wrote:That's wicked nuff. Why was it so deep, or did you just make it that deep trying to get out?

I'm guessing someone before me got stuck and blew it out. Because I was going good then the bottom fell out and stopped me dead. Put me to the steering wheel and all my shit on the seat to the floor.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Olly wrote:

He likes spending money. :lol: :lol:

No kidding. Don't know what I fucked up yet, but my steering is loose as shit and turning radius to the left is 2x wider than right.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Bad17 wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:God damn I'm tired of these fires. I just got let back into my house last night for the first time in a week. I'm thankful though because my house is still standing unlike a lot of people. Whole damn state is burning up. http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/09/20/valley-fire-now-ranked-6-among-states-most-damaging-wildfires/

Sorry bro. Hate to hear that. Glad you still have your house and stuff.

Me too but I feel kind of bad that I didn't lose anything, while so many people did
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind