The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Solo hunt after work and found where the mallards been hiding. Bumped them out and had my limit in less than an hour. Man I missed duck hunting. Haha
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:53 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444686780.490083.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Nice.

Our season opens Saturday. If the 3 of us get that many ducks total, I'll be surprised. A little more optimistic about the geese, but not holding my breath. It's starting to feel like a repeat of last year when it took me 2 weeks to get a duck. I have been out in the area quite a bit this past week and :(

At least, I'll benefit from low expectations. :lol:
SpinnerMan

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:30 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:Solo hunt after work and found where the mallards been hiding. Bumped them out and had my limit in less than an hour. Man I missed duck hunting. Haha

Maybe I should just skip the UP and stop at your place next week!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:50 pm

I'm so jelly of Nuff right now. I can't believe I just said that.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Olly wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:Solo hunt after work and found where the mallards been hiding. Bumped them out and had my limit in less than an hour. Man I missed duck hunting. Haha

More than welcome to come out on the tooner for a day if you want. Not looking good for me making it up to the UP this year. Jus too much going on this year
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Woody wrote:I'm so jelly of Nuff right now. I can't believe I just said that.

Haha. Just dumb luck. Had no idea those birds were there till I rolled into the spot. Soon as I saw all those birds picking up out of there I got pretty pumped up. Throw out 18 mallards and had them coming back before I could even get my gun loaded.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:08 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Olly wrote:

More than welcome to come out on the tooner for a day if you want. Not looking good for me making it up to the UP this year. Jus too much going on this year

I hear ya, I'm only able to get up there for a week this year.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:11 pm

@woody how's it looking for you and your UP trip? Still on schedule?
Olly
WFF Administrator

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Woody » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Olly wrote:@woody how's it looking for you and your UP trip? Still on schedule?

@Olly
I've got stuff scheduled out here in California so for that week all I should need to do is approve POs, engineering changes, and such. Which I can do by phone. So, unless something goes way wrong, I'll be home the end of this week.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:@woody how's it looking for you and your UP trip? Still on schedule?

@Olly
I've got stuff scheduled out here in California so for that week all I should need to do is approve POs, engineering changes, and such. Which I can do by phone. So, unless something goes way wrong, I'll be home the end of this week.

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing you guys again and getting some redemption for last year!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:34 pm

If we don't get redemption... You'll see a grown man cry.
Woody

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:26 pm

We'll see how it goes. Driving up for me is a gamble. No clue what the weather or birds are going to be like so I'm always prepared to cry.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Bad17 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:Actually, I doubt the laws against it will grow. People don't like to see dead animals on the side of the road, so allowing people to pick them up gets them off the street quicker.

We just got a letter about our trash pick up. I'm probably one of 3 people that read it. It surprised me, but part of the contract with the city to pick up trash, they are also required to pick up road kill as they go about their routes. I just thought that was kind of interesting.

Illinois law is kind of odd. You can literally stop and cut the head off a road killed buck and leave the rest.

In Texas the only way to take a road kill deer is to tag it. Can't touch anything. Think it's a poaching ticket if you take the antlers off a buck.

Don't tag it. You will loose your tag and your deer because it was not killed by a lawful means. No where in the regs does it say Chevy pickup truck. That's straight from the game warden.

Game warden told me that 6-7 years ago.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:01 pm

scarce.crk83 wrote:
Olly wrote:We'll see how it goes. Driving up for me is a gamble. No clue what the weather or birds are going to be like so I'm always prepared to cry.

I cry ALOT lol

I don't even know how to respond to that in fear of scaring you off.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:03 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
scarce.crk83 wrote:
Olly wrote:We'll see how it goes. Driving up for me is a gamble. No clue what the weather or birds are going to be like so I'm always prepared to cry.

I cry ALOT lol

I don't even know how to respond to that in fear of scaring you off.

Here's a pro tip. Girls don't like desperation.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Woody » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:37 am

So you'll have tissues if I need them. Good.
Woody

Postby DixieDawg » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:26 am

Flying the WFF colors finally got around to putting it on
-Dusty-
DixieDawg

Postby Woody » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:12 pm

The weather looked promising this week, but next week it looks like its going to warm up. I'm not sure I can handle mother nature effing us two years in a row.
Woody

Postby Throbbin Rods » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Where do I get one of those stickers?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Throbbin Rods wrote:Where do I get one of those stickers?

Send me your mailing address in a PM.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Olly wrote:

Never mind I already have yours ready to go. I was waiting for a whole bunch of people to ask for them before I mailed them out. Going to be mailing about 20 of them soon. Yours included.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Steele22 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:47 pm

I'll send you mine if you got plenty, I'd like one
HIGDON OUTDOORS
Steele22

Postby Throbbin Rods » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:13 am

Thanks Olly, looking forward to it!
Bill

Olly wrote:
Olly wrote:

Never mind I already have yours ready to go. I was waiting for a whole bunch of people to ask for them before I mailed them out. Going to be mailing about 20 of them soon. Yours included.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby quackhead » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Another good morning. Snuck in a hunt before work with my paw and aunt today.
quackhead

Postby Olly » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:55 pm

That looks like an awesome backdrop to hunt against!

Working a half day tomorrow then leaving straight from work for MI! Going in style and comfort this year!

IMG_20151014_195839.jpg
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind