The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby aunt betty » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:05 am

It's funny to go back a year or so and look to see what we were bullshitting about way back then...lol

Way back....We were talking a lot of shit about what coffee is best. Everybody knows that the best coffee comes from Kansas. They can't grow coffee in Kansas at all, the soil isn't right, the growing season isn't long enough, and there's just too much bs in Kansas but ask anyone from Kansas...the best coffee comes from Kansas. (somehow)
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:07 am

I think all coffee is equally crap :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan

Postby Goldfish » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:53 am

SpinnerMan wrote:I think all coffee is equally crap :thumbsup:

Amen. Hate the taste of coffee
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:24 am

Goldfish wrote:

I don't even like the smell of it.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Olly » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:47 am

Gotta do what you gotta do when training time comes around.

10204533_10_500_540.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby DComeaux » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:55 am

Olly wrote:Gotta do what you gotta do when training time comes around.

10204533_10_500_540.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :lol:
DComeaux

Postby DComeaux » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:00 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

I don't drink coffee regularly but have had a cup or two over the years. I do like the smell of it brewing.
DComeaux

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:34 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

Amen. My nightmare when I find myself in a mall. A coffee shop on one side and a perfume shop on the other. I need a gas mask.

However, I will concede nothing is better for a jolt to keep you awake after traveling all night or running severe jet lag.

Lots of sugar, lots of cream, and make sure it is cool enough you can down it all in one nasty gulp. In this regard, the French cappuccinos are far better. Dissolve a sugar cube and toss it back like a shot. No more head nods in the meeting. :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:08 am

SpinnerMan wrote:Lots of sugar, lots of cream, and make sure it is cool enough you can down it all in one nasty gulp. In this regard, the French cappuccinos are far better. Dissolve a sugar cube and toss it back like a shot. No more head nods in the meeting. :thumbsup:

Probably not a lot of folks like coffee more than me, but that would make me hurl.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:26 am

Rick wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:Lots of sugar, lots of cream, and make sure it is cool enough you can down it all in one nasty gulp. In this regard, the French cappuccinos are far better. Dissolve a sugar cube and toss it back like a shot. No more head nods in the meeting. :thumbsup:

Probably not a lot of folks like coffee more than me, but that would make me hurl.

It's about the only way I can choke it down. Just the smell of coffee nearly makes me hurl.

However, there are times I've spent the night on a plane and then have to sit through hours of meetings. In an act of desperation, I hit the coffee. That was all they had in the French castle we were meeting in. It was the Frenchiest of French places Aix-en-Provence, France and there was no pop and I couldn't keep my eyes open or my head from bobbing. I found out it does work a lot better than pop, so I've done it a few times since when desperation calls.
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:02 am

I never cared for coffee prior to my cop phase and getting serious about waterfowling, where it was initially more hand warmer than stimulant, always drank regular Coke for college all-nighters and such. Can hardly stand that now.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 am

Hot tea is what I take when I need a hot beverage. That's what's in my thermos when its arctic.
SpinnerMan

Postby Rick » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:41 am

Yuck.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:44 am

:lol:

Too each his own :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:47 pm

I've got a buddy that takes a thermos of chicken broth to the blind with him every day...the one day I hunted with him made me a believer.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:31 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I've got a buddy that takes a thermos of chicken broth to the blind with him every day...the one day I hunted with him made me a believer.

To drink?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Throbbin Rods » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:48 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Hot tea is what I take when I need a hot beverage. That's what's in my thermos when its arctic.

This
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

The Offical WFF BS Thread!

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:51 pm

You can save money on tea by just boiling your yard clippings. Tastes exactly the same.
This is the real Botiz630
Botiz630

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:20 am

Botiz630 wrote:You can save money on tea by just boiling your yard clippings. Tastes exactly the same.

I'm wit' him.

And take no beverage (or food) to the blind. Don't want to be the one peeing when the pintails pass or with a mouth full of honey bun when specks need calling.
Rick

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:43 am

Botiz630 wrote:You can save money on tea by just boiling your yard clippings. Tastes exactly the same.

And if you get the clippings where the dog crapped, you can save money on coffee. :thumbsup:

Add some half and half and some sweet-n-low to the hot tea tastes great.

Nothing you can do to coffee. My wife gets those ice cream sundaes they call some form of coffee at Starbucks. Those aren't too bad. They'd be really good if you took at the little bit of coffee in them.

I do agree with Rick and try not to drink much in the blind. I only take the hot tea when it is arctic. I've thought about trying chicken soup, which might work better since its all about body warming the body.
SpinnerMan

Postby Goldfish » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:29 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:

And if you get the clippings where the dog crapped, you can save money on coffee. :thumbsup: .

Bwahahahahahaha.

Awesome
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Olly wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I've got a buddy that takes a thermos of chicken broth to the blind with him every day...the one day I hunted with him made me a believer.

To drink?

Yes. I was a scoffer...until I sat in the 35° rain for a couple hours
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:41 pm

I bet it works awesome but I don't think it'd be as good without the noodles and chicken first.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:03 pm

That's brilliant.
Remember cup-o-soup? I used to toss a couple of them little dried soup packages into my thermos and fill it with boiling water.
aunt betty

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:45 pm

aunt betty wrote:

That's brilliant.
Remember cup-o-soup? I used to toss a couple of them little dried soup packages into my thermos and fill it with boiling water.

Cup o soup is when your fart in your hand and throw it in someone's face
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Goldfish » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:20 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
aunt betty wrote:

That's brilliant.

Thought that's buttercup?
Goldfish

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Goldfish wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
aunt betty wrote:

That's brilliant.

Thought that's buttercup?

Buttercup is waaaaay worse then a cup o soup.
Loser has to eat the buttercup
FlintRiverFowler

Postby aunt betty » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:44 pm

No consensus about what to take in the blind eh?

I take what I take and eat or drink whatever I want. (if I don't forget it in the truck)
I might even take the stuff to make breakfast...(if I don't forget the stove, heater, gas, or propane)
Lots of stuff can happen. :D :duck:
aunt betty

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:08 pm

aunt betty wrote:No consensus about what to take in the blind eh?

I take what I take and eat or drink whatever I want. (if I don't forget it in the truck)
I might even take the stuff to make breakfast...(if I don't forget the stove, heater, gas, or propane)
Lots of stuff can happen. :D :duck:

Always forget the snacks in the truck but never the weed. So I'm really hungry when I hunt. Which makes me shoot bad.
I've taken the camp stove out hunting once and it was a pain in the ass. More trouble than it was worth.
FlintRiverFowler

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind