Whatchu lukin' et huh?

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Whatchu lukin' et huh?

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:06 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

That dude is like the meshuggah of classical street performers.

Hippy needs to put out the incense and cut his fingernails

I bet that dude gets more quim than a stack of Victoria's Secret catologs DAILY!
And yeah, like Eric said, those nails are for finger picking. Which he can do pretty damn well!
When he first started I was waiting for him to break into Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

What do you know about some ELP?!

Used to like them a lot, Eric. Way unheralded and way competent musicians. "In the Beginning" is pure class. Actually way ahead of their time. Mid-seventies they got airtime, then they were forgotten. Shouldn't have been. At least up to the level of Buffalo Springfield, Yes, Rush, and Pink Floyd.
Glimmerjim

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:[quote="Tiler_J"]

That dude is like the meshuggah of classical street performers.

Hippy needs to put out the incense and cut his fingernails

I bet that dude gets more quim than a stack of Victoria's Secret catologs DAILY!
And yeah, like Eric said, those nails are for finger picking. Which he can do pretty damn well!
When he first started I was waiting for him to break into Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

What do you know about some ELP?!

Used to like them a lot, Eric. Way unheralded and way competent musicians. "In the Beginning" is pure class. Actually way ahead of their time. Mid-seventies they got airtime, then they were forgotten. Shouldn't have been. At least up to the level of Buffalo Springfield, Yes, Rush, and Pink Floyd.[/quote]

I am a big King Crimson fan so naturally Greg lake brought me into ELP. Tarkus was the first I heard them and its still my favorite.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Eric Haynes wrote: I am a big King Crimson fan so naturally Greg lake brought me into ELP. Tarkus was the first I heard them and its still my favorite.

I like the evolution of bands and musicians. Buffalo Springfield spawned a lot of great bands, and ELP too. Jeff Beck, Ronnie Montrose, Ronnie Woods....and whatever happened to Robbie Robertson? Levon Helm and Rick Danko, RIP, but Robbie was the brains of the outfit.
Glimmerjim

Previous

Return to The Blind