Latest Purchase Thread

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Latest Purchase Thread

Postby Woody » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:00 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:A buddy and I are looking for a diver hunt this fall. Any recommendation of guides?

I guess this goes under future purchases :lol:

Seriously, if anybody knows of someone they can recommend within about 8 hours of Chicago, I would appreciate it.

There's a couple of guides up in Green Bay that I have heard really good things about.
And it should be an easy drive for you and you can kill both divers and sea ducks out of a layout.
http://www.coastalwisconsin.com/
http://www.bigwateroutdoors.com/
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Woody wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:A buddy and I are looking for a diver hunt this fall. Any recommendation of guides?

I guess this goes under future purchases :lol:

Seriously, if anybody knows of someone they can recommend within about 8 hours of Chicago, I would appreciate it.

There's a couple of guides up in Green Bay that I have heard really good things about.
And it should be an easy drive for you and you can kill both divers and sea ducks out of a layout.
http://www.coastalwisconsin.com/
http://www.bigwateroutdoors.com/

Thanks. I'll check them out.
SpinnerMan

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:11 am

Didn't Dan guide? With their skull face masks and everything?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Noooo - swapped some hunts with guys around the country, but that sucks - I don't need that kind of pressure in my life
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:08 pm

I don't do the swap hunts anyways. I honestly don't have anything to offer. If you want to come here in the summer to get hit in the head by flying carp, I can make that happen. As far as hunting, well, there's a reason I'm looking to go elsewhere with the exception of late Canada goose, but I do that on land I can't take guests so that kills that. Same with the archery hunting.
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:I don't do the swap hunts anyways. I honestly don't have anything to offer. If you want to come here in the summer to get hit in the head by flying carp, I can make that happen. As far as hunting, well, there's a reason I'm looking to go elsewhere with the exception of late Canada goose, but I do that on land I can't take guests so that kills that. Same with the archery hunting.

I'm gonna be down there next year hopefully to go after some silvers and big heads. I'll try and get ahold of and pick your brain before we go
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:47 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:I don't do the swap hunts anyways. I honestly don't have anything to offer. If you want to come here in the summer to get hit in the head by flying carp, I can make that happen. As far as hunting, well, there's a reason I'm looking to go elsewhere with the exception of late Canada goose, but I do that on land I can't take guests so that kills that. Same with the archery hunting.

I'm gonna be down there next year hopefully to go after some silvers and big heads. I'll try and get ahold of and pick your brain before we go

Gonna try and stick them in the air?
(I can't remember which ones jump, and they aren't allowed to be called Asian carp here in MN, they are all just "invasive carp")
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:59 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:

Not a problem. Our big tournament around the middle of July is a good time to head down.
SpinnerMan

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:48 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Not a problem. Our big tournament around the middle of July is a good time to head down.

Won't be this year. But hopefully next
Sounds good.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:50 am

Goldfish wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Gonna try and stick them in the air?
(I can't remember which ones jump, and they aren't allowed to be called Asian carp here in MN, they are all just "invasive carp")

Yeah. The silvers fly. The big heads dont, but they get really big and I guess are pretty tough to get close to.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:51 am

It's just though to want to leave the bay to shoot fish when I can shoot 100-300+ fish every night there isn't ice on the water and the weather is decent.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:44 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:Yeah. The silvers fly. The big heads dont, but they get really big and I guess are pretty tough to get close to.

The Illinois River has amazing numbers of silvers and good numbers of bigheads, but it is hard to find the really big bigheads. People do get some. One place they get the really big ones is, probably was, illegal. However, most of the bighead will not be that big. I've heard that the reason is that we have such an insane number of silver carp that the bigheads do not grow as fast.

The variety of fish is pretty good as well. Lots of nice sized grass carp, smallmouth buffalo galore (small mostly, but everywhere), lots of gar and possibly pretty big gar, common carp, and then there are a wide range of other species you may run across. We can even take Bullfrogs and Common Snapping Turtles when they are in season.

Snapping turtles taste good. I'm just not sure I want to pull a pissed off one with an arrow in it into my boat :shock:

Actually, I know I would if I didn't have to worry about it spoiling.
SpinnerMan

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:29 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436308148.063907.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436308159.598108.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436308167.854089.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Nice! So worth it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Put a down payment on a truck. Very very excited about it.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Olly wrote:Nice! So worth it.

Totally, it gets on plane soooooo freaking quick now it's unreal!
Woody

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:19 pm

R. Chapman wrote:Put a down payment on a truck. Very very excited about it.

Which one? You've talked about three that I can remember.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:30 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:

I've only talked about one. I put a down payment on a 2004 Silverado.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:20 pm

R. Chapman wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Nope. Chevy with 454, first gen dodge, and the 04. Nice truck though. That's what my dad and granddad have. Solid trucks.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:51 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Nope. Chevy with 454, first gen dodge, and the 04. Nice truck though. That's what my dad and granddad have. Solid trucks.

The 454 I thought about but wanted a little bit newer truck, the dodge was just for Olly to drool over. This I didn't even really put a down payment on more of a holding payment for me to get the rest of the $4000 of down payment within the next 45 days, which should be easy.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:55 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436338478.022879.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436338492.355176.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436338505.039446.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436338514.705292.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
R. Chapman

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:43 am

That ones got all the redneck bling already.

I don't know what's different about them, but the 03-05 silverados seem to get the best gas mileage before you get into the extra crap (cyl deactivate, etc). It's only by a couple, but still.
Goldfish

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:37 am

Redneck bling is a 6" suspension and 10" body lift followed by Luke Bryan rims on 35s. I'll yank that cheap tool box out and put in a headache rack and an all steel tool box.
R. Chapman

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:05 am

On a '85 to be exact.
R. Chapman

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:31 am

Wrong.

Redneck bling is everything chrome, altezza tail lights, roll bars, brush guards, giant tailpipes, etc
Goldfish

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:19 pm

I agree with Goldie except the chrome is more of a Mexican deal.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:01 pm

That ranch hand bumper is one tough son of a bitch. The difference between me and a redneck is I won't rod the hell out of it.

It's got a cold air intake, headers, true duels, computer is mapped and the a bully dog programmer is installed. The only thing I'm not to firm on is the 4L60E transmission.
R. Chapman

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:34 am

R. Chapman wrote:That ranch hand bumper is one tough son of a bitch. The difference between me and a redneck is I won't rod the hell out of it.

It's got a cold air intake, headers, true duels, computer is mapped and the a bully dog programmer is installed. The only thing I'm not to firm on is the 4L60E transmission.

Sounds like it's rodded to me, lol.

What's wrong with the 4l60e? That's the standard trans from 91(?) thru like 07 or some shit. I put well over 200k on my S-10, and I currently have 217k in the silvy and still going

How many miles are on this red rocket?
Goldfish

Postby Woody » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:18 am

R. Chapman wrote:That ranch hand bumper is one tough son of a bitch. The difference between me and a redneck is I won't rod the hell out of it.

No, you are a redneck... get over it.
Woody

Postby Olly » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:18 am

With that Silverado make sure to carry an extra fuel pump around with you and go ahead and cut an access hole in the bed of the truck.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind