Traveling decoy

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:23 pm

He just mentioned one day and asked who from around here would be in and a few us said most definitely and Byers and swamp got together and set it stone.
Westie25

Re: Traveling decoy

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Huh must have missed that one. I bet it'll be awesome once you break out the Mandarine to throw into the spread :lol:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:35 pm

I'm throwing it Right in the middle
Westie25

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:02 pm

I dig it.

We need to get together a list of everyone that wants it then sort them out by season start dates and get a list going.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Westie you better take plenty of pics as well. The date didn't work for me or I would have been right there with y'all
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:21 pm

I plan on taking so many I get tired of cameras.
Westie25

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Once it's confirmed that JGUN is really making us a decoy I'll post up a sign up sticky.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby JGUN » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Olly wrote:Once it's confirmed that JGUN is really making us a decoy I'll post up a sign up sticky.

I'll do it. Go ahead and post a sign up.
JGUN

Postby Olly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:58 pm

JGUN wrote:
Olly wrote:Once it's confirmed that JGUN is really making us a decoy I'll post up a sign up sticky.

I'll do it. Go ahead and post a sign up.

Roger that and thanks in advance from everyone here!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby capt1972 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:14 pm

my wife say putting a Mandarin in a duck spread is like putting a Flamingo in a goose spread. What does she know!? Wait a second, that gives me an idea hmmmmmm..........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Olly.....
Do you plan on being here any time during the georgia season? or did our 0-For-2 turn you off to it?
i was just gona say we could throw it out on the flint, "hunt" over it and hope the current doesnt carry it away and then throw some pics up on the site.

then you could have two hunts with it.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:35 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Olly.....
Do you plan on being here any time during the georgia season? or did our 0-For-2 turn you off to it?
i was just gona say we could throw it out on the flint, "hunt" over it and hope the current doesnt carry it away and then throw some pics up on the site.

No I prolly won't be home this year for the GA season.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Thats gay. I probly wont hunt then. lol
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:42 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Thats gay. I probly wont hunt then. lol

Come up here man!
Olly
WFF Administrator

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Olly wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Olly.....

No I prolly won't be home this year for the GA season.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339706565.786048.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Westie25

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 pm

I don't see what's so gay about that.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Olly wrote:I don't see what's so gay about that.

It's not. Just felt like everybody in the world should see that picture.
Westie25

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:27 pm

That's a normal weekend for me.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Olly wrote:That's a normal weekend for me.

Unicorns and gayness?
Westie25

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Westie25 wrote:
Olly wrote:That's a normal weekend for me.

Unicorns and gayness?

Don't knock it, till you try it.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Pass.
Westie25

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:40 pm

That being said, I think the Byers hunt is the first weekend in January. I think maybe were hunting Thursday-Saturday.
Westie25

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:42 pm

That byers hunt thing kinda made me mad. He did that post really late at night, and by the time I saw it, it was pretty much full up. I pm'd swamp about it and he said it was full already. Oh well...
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Westie25 wrote:That being said, I think the Byers hunt is the first weekend in January. I think maybe were hunting Thursday-Saturday.

I think you're the one person we're gonna work around because you've got that hunt so you'll get the decoy for sure O-3
Olly
WFF Administrator

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:46 pm

Damn dude no good. I got lucky and just caught it at the right time. We're supposed to be getting some duck calls soon. Not sure if that was a secret or not.
Westie25

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I have no problems with that. I'll post up in the sticky at the top, but season typically runs from mid-ish october to the end of december here. November is when it gets good so really any time between that is good for me.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Westie25 wrote:Damn dude no good. I got lucky and just caught it at the right time. We're supposed to be getting some duck calls soon. Not sure if that was a secret or not.

I've seen TNAL hinting at this. What are y'all getting? I assume RNT
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Yep that's correct. I think they're supposed to be completed soon. I don't even remember the design they came up with. I just let them run wild with it. I trust their professional judgement.
Westie25

Traveling decoy

Postby jehler » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:46 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:That byers hunt thing kinda made me mad. He did that post really late at night, and by the time I saw it, it was pretty much full up. I pm'd swamp about it and he said it was full already. Oh well...

FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Never gets old.
Westie25

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind