Traveling decoy

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Traveling decoy

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Westie25 wrote:Yep that's correct. I think they're supposed to be completed soon. I don't even remember the design they came up with. I just let them run wild with it. I trust their professional judgement.

Daisy Cutter? Short barrel? What?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Short barrel I think. Never heard the confirmation. Byers and tnal handled all that.
Westie25

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:37 pm

jehler wrote:
MOhuntingGuy wrote:That byers hunt thing kinda made me mad. He did that post really late at night, and by the time I saw it, it was pretty much full up. I pm'd swamp about it and he said it was full already. Oh well...

Gee thanks.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Traveling decoy

Postby jehler » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:41 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:
jehler wrote:
MOhuntingGuy wrote:That byers hunt thing kinda made me mad. He did that post really late at night, and by the time I saw it, it was pretty much full up. I pm'd swamp about it and he said it was full already. Oh well...

Gee thanks.

you need another copy?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Traveling decoy

Postby Goldfish » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:18 pm

jehler wrote:
MOhuntingGuy wrote:
jehler wrote:[quote="MOhuntingGuy"]That byers hunt thing kinda made me mad. He did that post really late at night, and by the time I saw it, it was pretty much full up. I pm'd swamp about it and he said it was full already. Oh well...

Gee thanks.

you need another copy?[/quote]
Lol.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Traveling decoy

Postby Redbeard » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm totally pissed at him too. How could Byers be so selfish?!!
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Redbeard wrote:

I'm totally pissed at him too. How could Byers be so selfish?!!

I know right!?! That chit cray cray!
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby huntall6 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:02 am

put me right before you worst hunter so that when i get skunked, he will feel better when he gets skunked. :thumbsup: but i would be down for a hunt over a Jgun block.
Redbeard wrote:Buy not when. I hit that damne pole

Feelin' Fowl wrote:Big dick cakes are delicious!
huntall6

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:35 am

Does anyone have a list of who will get the deek yet? I understand it is early but, at some point there will have to be a limit on number of people. If it goes from coast to coast that will take a little more effort. Rather than North to south it might work better to run east to west and then somewhat north to south.
Maybe try to make 10 day cycle instead of the 1 week they did on DHC. If we run 10 day cycle the east to west etc doesn't matter as much because it gives more time for deek to travel. Some of us don't hunt weekends and others only hunt weekends. For me , my hunting week starts on Sunday unless I take time off.
The only timeframe I can not take it is first 2 weeks of the season due to my Wyoming elk hunt. I may duck hunt in Wyoming if the elk hunt goes good.
What's everyone's thoughts?
QH's Paw

Postby duckkillerclyde » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:48 am

QH's Paw wrote:Does anyone have a list of who will get the deek yet? I understand it is early but, at some point there will have to be a limit on number of people. If it goes from coast to coast that will take a little more effort. Rather than North to south it might work better to run east to west and then somewhat north to south.
Maybe try to make 10 day cycle instead of the 1 week they did on DHC. If we run 10 day cycle the east to west etc doesn't matter as much because it gives more time for deek to travel. Some of us don't hunt weekends and others only hunt weekends. For me , my hunting week starts on Sunday unless I take time off.
The only timeframe I can not take it is first 2 weeks of the season due to my Wyoming elk hunt. I may duck hunt in Wyoming if the elk hunt goes good.
What's everyone's thoughts?

Yup. sounds good.

Maybe people could send it on time and not lie about it either.

I know a guy who knows a guy who likes to troll another duck hunting forum and noticed some people lied about when they sent it.
duckkillerclyde

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:54 am

I think we'll have less than 2 dozen people who will sign up. So I don't think sending it across the country will be a problem.

And like clyde said it'll all hinge on people sending it out in time.

Sent from your honey hole.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Traveling decoy

Postby TNAL45 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:45 am

Westie25 wrote:Short barrel I think. Never heard the confirmation. Byers and tnal handled all that.

We went with the shortbarrel for its ease of use. There were a couple guys that either didn't call much or had never blown a j frame if I recall. They should be pretty slick if they turn out like we envisioned them in our heads. They were supposed to be engraved last week, but I never heard. Should be shipping out by the end of the week. It was never meant to be a secret, and I'm sure one or more of us will post up pictures.
I refuse to play any sport that considers water a "hazard".
TNAL45

Traveling decoy

Postby TNAL45 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 am

Also, if Westie has it the first weekend in January I'll be hunting over it as well, but would take it another time if need be. What is everyone's season? I get cracks at woodies, teal, and geese as early as September.
Last edited by TNAL45 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TNAL45

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:50 am

That's why I left it in you fellas hands.
Westie25

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:53 am

TheDude wrote:Also, if Westie has it the first weekend in January I'll be hunting over it as well, but would take it another time if need be. What is everyone's season? I get cracks at woodies, teal, and geese as early as September.

My season is usually last weekend in sept through end of nov. Ill know for sure in a few weeks once they post the digest.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Traveling decoy

Postby TNAL45 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Olly wrote:
TheDude wrote:Also, if Westie has it the first weekend in January I'll be hunting over it as well, but would take it another time if need be. What is everyone's season? I get cracks at woodies, teal, and geese as early as September.

My season is usually last weekend in sept through end of nov. Ill know for sure in a few weeks once they post the digest.

Usually the second weekend in Sept allows 5 Canadas and 4 woodies/teal. The chances of racking up substantial numbers, however, is debatable.
TNAL45

Traveling decoy

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Who is "the dude?"
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Redbeard wrote:Who is "the dude?"

I'll give you a hint, he eats souls.
Westie25

Postby duckkillerclyde » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Westie25 wrote:

He's a woman?
duckkillerclyde

Traveling decoy

Postby Redbeard » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Westie25 wrote:

I'm not the dude
Redbeard

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:13 pm

He wrassles
Westie25

Traveling decoy

Postby TNAL45 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Yet another of your brothas from another motha.
TNAL45

Postby assateague » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:32 pm

I'd be happy with it for a day. No Sunday hunting, so I only get Saturday, realistically. Be just as easy, if necessary, for me to take a day off during the week and hunt it, instead, and then mail it out immediately to the next guy for a Friday/weekend hunt that same week. Not like I'm going to kill much over it, anyway. Still far away, but something to keep in mind in case we get jammed up.
assateague

Traveling decoy

Postby Westie25 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 pm

I don't think it should be about numbers. I'm more interested in the story. Especially with your writing.
Westie25

Postby Olly » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:36 pm

assateague wrote:I'd be happy with it for a day. No Sunday hunting, so I only get Saturday, realistically. Be just as easy, if necessary, for me to take a day off during the week and hunt it, instead, and then mail it out immediately to the next guy for a Friday/weekend hunt that same week. Not like I'm going to kill much over it, anyway. Still far away, but something to keep in mind in case we get jammed up.

I plan on only keeping it for a day or two also. I don't care if I kill anything over it or not but it would be nice to send some good karma to the next guy. Besides who's ever hunted over a Mandarin decoy? Haha
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm

give us the block the 3rd week of october and we'll handle the numbers
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Olly wrote:
assateague wrote:I'd be happy with it for a day. No Sunday hunting, so I only get Saturday, realistically. Be just as easy, if necessary, for me to take a day off during the week and hunt it, instead, and then mail it out immediately to the next guy for a Friday/weekend hunt that same week. Not like I'm going to kill much over it, anyway. Still far away, but something to keep in mind in case we get jammed up.

I plan on only keeping it for a day or two also. I don't care if I kill anything over it or not but it would be nice to send some good karma to the next guy. Besides who's ever hunted over a Mandarin decoy? Haha

And I got ridiculed last year for picking a Surf Scoter to cover the Pac flyway. :scooter:
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby duckkillerclyde » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:47 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
Olly wrote:

And I got ridiculed last year for picking a Surf Scoter to cover the Pac flyway. :scooter:

ya'll also got lied to by montanafowler as to the birds he shot over it.
duckkillerclyde

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 pm

I think he only claimed like 2 or 3 birds.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby duckkillerclyde » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 pm

3legged_lab wrote:I think he only claimed like 2 or 3 birds.

At least I have pictures of the birds I killed over it.
duckkillerclyde

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind