Latest Purchase Thread

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Re: Latest Purchase Thread

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Spent a whopping $12.99 to repair the Dodge.

One day I noticed I was moving but the speedo said I was not.
Couple days later I was on cruise-control and it went off. Lights lighting and bells dinging.
Wasn't a hard fix at all.
Rear ABS sensor.

Somehow I bet I could easily spend a grand getting it out of the shop if I'd dropped it off at Shelby Dodge here in libtardia.

Had to use two wrenches. So complicated...
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Daughter's mower took a shit so I'm buying her a nice one.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Troy-Bilt-TB13 ... 1000178355
aunt betty

Postby Woody » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Haven't been on here in awhile but since the last time I was....

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:07 am

Dang, a paint brush, dogwood, flower pots and a Coke: you're ballin'!
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:08 am

Where did you pick up the table shaped like Russia comrade?
aunt betty

Postby Woody » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Rick wrote:Dang, a paint brush, dogwood, flower pots and a Coke: you're ballin'!
lol no I bought a house a table shaped like the UP, a new layout tender (a 17 ft MirroCraft), and a gps unit.

Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby DComeaux » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:01 pm

I have a helix 5, pretty sweet little unit
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:10 am

Woody wrote: lol no I bought a house a table shaped like the UP, a new layout tender (a 17 ft MirroCraft), and a gps unit.

Been following most of that on DHC, though the UP had me stumped. Spent a good bit of time there in the "way back when..." but never put my coffee on it.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:11 am

I picked up a piece of asphalt shaped like the state of Illinois once but never thought of building a driveway around it.
aunt betty

Postby Woody » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:32 pm

DComeaux wrote:I have a helix 5, pretty sweet little unit

It is.
I'd really like to make use of the side scan, but my trolling motor foot control took a poop. Plus there's been salmonoids at the tributary on the north side of my property so I haven't had to leave the dock.

Woody

Postby Woody » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:33 pm

aunt betty wrote:I picked up a piece of asphalt shaped like the state of Illinois once but never thought of building a driveway around it.

Yeah, but Michigan is one of the best places to live and Illinois is gay.

Woody

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:08 am

Dearborn and Flint...the Arkansas of the midwest.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:51 am

Urbana IS gay as fuck and so is a certain part of Champaign but not this part.
Ann Arbor is a whore etc.
Muck Fichigan
aunt betty

Postby Woody » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 pm

aunt betty wrote:Urbana IS gay as fuck and so is a certain part of Champaign but not this part.
Muck Fichigan

Ask 100 people if they'd rather live in Michigan or Illinois. 95 would tell you Michigan and the other 5 would be lying.

Woody

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:54 am

Woody wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Urbana IS gay as **** and so is a certain part of Champaign but not this part.
Muck Fichigan

Ask 100 people if they'd rather live in Michigan or Illinois. 95 would tell you Michigan and the other 5 would be lying.

And if the 3rd choice of none of the above were offered, it would be 90% that would say neither. :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:45 am

It was...it was...soap poisoning. (by the Russians)
20170914_074248.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:29 am

We bought these fancy jars and boxes to give out as holiday gifts. Word got out and we're going to have to sell some.
The demand is unbelievable. Knew it was a cool idea but really never thought about trying to sell them.
20170913_113817.jpg

20170913_113839.jpg

The honey is from two seasons. Spring is on the left with fall on the right.
The dark stuff has fruity flavors because in the fall the bees will take fruit juice from fallen fruit like apples, grapes, and pears.
aunt betty

Postby DComeaux » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 am

aunt betty wrote:We bought these fancy jars and boxes to give out as holiday gifts. Word got out and we're going to have to sell some.
The demand is unbelievable. Knew it was a cool idea but really never thought about trying to sell them.
20170913_113817.jpg

20170913_113839.jpg

The honey is from two seasons. Spring is on the left with fall on the right.
The dark stuff has fruity flavors because in the fall the bees will take fruit juice from fallen fruit like apples, grapes, and pears.

Thats pretty neat, Betty.....I never really noticed the different shades.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:12 pm

The old hillbilly bee keepers used to tout several versions of honey, depending on what the bees were using that time of year. But my unsophisticated pallet liked it all.
Rick

Postby Woody » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:47 pm

That is neat, Betsy!

Woody

Postby Deltaman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:20 am

Nice touch AB, and from a retail standpoint, will definitely spark interest when seen by the average consumer, especially women.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby aunt betty » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:15 am

Do pretty good on the honey sales thing. The national bulk-rate where if I was going to sell to Sue Bee Honey or some other packer is around $2/pound. No way am I wholesaling when there are people who get $10/pound because they put it in a fancy jar or whatever.
Had to decide on a price way back when I sold the first quart. $20 seems right which is $6.66/pound.
(quart of honey weighs 3 pounds)
Then we got some 12-ounce bears which is a cup of honey.
Never even considered that I'd have 5-gallon buckets all over the house.

If you shop around online in the right place you can buy 5 gallons of Basswood honey from Ohio for around $165.
If you want orange blossum there's a guy in Florida.
(that might be a good investment cuz there ain't gonna be many oranges for a while)

Need to get after the ducks. Been dickin around with bees and honey since April.
aunt betty

Postby R. Chapman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:46 am

Sold my Big-Tex gooseneck and flatbed trailers and put my order in for a PJ Low-Pro 44' gooseneck with a hydraulic dove-tail, hopefully this coming winter I can find the time to take the truck over to Idaho to get a Bradford Flatbed put on the dually as well as install a 70 gallon titan fuel tank with dual sumps feeding into the FASS lift pump along with a 100 gallon auxiliary tank on top with a pump.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby aunt betty » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:50 am

Last time out hunting I got out of the blind and walked along the bank. Blind sticks out bad. When the lake is normal depth you can hide really easy along the banks. Lower the water 3 feet and damn there ain't no where to hide.
So I scouted around with the idea of "where would I hide a layout blind and the mutt hut?".
Found a few likely spots that'd work but I didn't have a layout until last night.

Got online and started looking. Found that Menards has a $90 layout blind.
It's heavy because the frame is sort of over-done.
It don't fold up like a good blind but it will go flat and set in the bottom of the boat under the decoys.

Now I need to get a whole lot of hot hands.Figure I'll be using them six or eight at a time. One in every pocket and I'm good and toasty.

Someone should design a hunting shirt that has pockets just below the arm-pit for hand warmers.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 am

Layout works good but can't use it just any old where on public. Some areas are restricted and you can't set foot on land.

Another latest purchase:
As sort of a joke I bought some SPAM and brought it home this summer. Sliced it and fried it then made fried SPAM sammiches. Guess what? We actually like it. As a kid and young adult I could not choke the stuff down. Even when trying the Premium spam aka: Armour Star. lol

Got up this morning and there's a case of it on the kitchen table. Must have been on sale for Black Friday or something.
3-year shelf-life. Awesome :clap:
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Wed May 16, 2018 7:36 pm

We ordered a new 20-frame honey extractor.
Looks a lot like a washing machine. Motorized. You push a button and it spins the honey out.

21rst century New:
w216-_t.jpg

20th century Old:
20150709_084115.jpg

Manual. (you crank it by hand)

The old one is "tangiential" which means you have to flip the frames half-way thru the process to extract "the other side" of the frames. New one is "radial" which means it extracts both sides at once. (no more flipping frames and no more cranking)
Your shoulder starts hurting pretty quickly if you have to do extracting much. Last year I extracted 3/4 ton of honey by hand.
Fuck that.
aunt betty

Postby Deltaman » Thu May 17, 2018 7:36 am

AB, let me know when you get your production going, and if you can ship, I would like to place an order for some.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby aunt betty » Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 am

The company that's delivering the extractor made a huge big deal about how I have to make an appointment with them for delivery so that their driver isn't sitting there burning fuel waiting on me.

Ok fine so I call them and get transferred and put on hold no less than four times for a total of about 20 minutes just to hook up with the appointment lady. She asked me if a semi can get there. I told her "my truck fits just fine".

I wanted to tell her to get on her fucking computer and figure it out. I don't own a world-wide trucking company and there's this thing called Google maps. Will a semi truck fit on my street? Let's find out.
Really I am quite sure that a semi can get to my house. Turning around and getting back out might be a little problem depending on which of my neighbors park on which side of the street (or both). I have zero control over my neighbors and ain't about to try. No way Jose or Dwane.

So she set the time for the appointment. Between 10 am and 4 pm we'll call you when on the way. OK.
6-hour window on a delivery from 33 miles away that's been sitting on their dock for 24 hours already.
The shipping business has to suck. Wish I could get away with appointment windows.

I'll be there between 8 am and 5 pm sometime between monday thru friday. I'll call yuh so keep your phone charged and balancing on your dick.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Fri May 18, 2018 6:58 am

aunt betty wrote:The company that's delivering the extractor made a huge big deal about how I have to make an appointment with them for delivery so that their driver isn't sitting there burning fuel waiting on me.

Ok fine so I call them and get transferred and put on hold no less than four times for a total of about 20 minutes just to hook up with the appointment lady. She asked me if a semi can get there. I told her "my truck fits just fine".

I wanted to tell her to get on her fucking computer and figure it out. I don't own a world-wide trucking company and there's this thing called Google maps. Will a semi truck fit on my street? Let's find out.
Really I am quite sure that a semi can get to my house. Turning around and getting back out might be a little problem depending on which of my neighbors park on which side of the street (or both). I have zero control over my neighbors and ain't about to try. No way Jose or Dwane.

So she set the time for the appointment. Between 10 am and 4 pm we'll call you when on the way. OK.
6-hour window on a delivery from 33 miles away that's been sitting on their dock for 24 hours already.
The shipping business has to suck. Wish I could get away with appointment windows.

I'll be there between 8 am and 5 pm sometime between monday thru friday. I'll call yuh so keep your phone charged and balancing on your dick.

I paid $250 to get a pallet delivered and at this point I'm not going to lift a finger to help. I'm going to treat their poor driver like he's a teamster driving a cement mixer and stand 30 feet minimum away from him. They're dangerous if you're not trained to be around them. Keep your distance. Very dangerous.
aunt betty

PreviousNext

Return to The Blind