Every year it's the same thing.

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Postby QH's Paw » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:23 am

Every year, long about May or June, people start talking about when will the dates and seasons get set.
Well, I don't know how other flyways do it but, the Pacific Flyway Committee doesn't even meet until middle of July to set the Framework. The states get the "official" notice soon after and their respective groups draw from that and set the dates for all the migratory hunts except early(sept goose and dove) seasons. The states can't even set dates or limits until the Flyway committee sets the framework.
So, for anybody in other flyways that actually knows, isn't this the same process for other flyways?
QH's Paw

Re: Every year it's the same thing.

Postby Bufflehead » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:30 am

QH's Paw wrote:Every year, long about May or June, people start talking about when will the dates and seasons get set.
Well, I don't know how other flyways do it but, the Pacific Flyway Committee doesn't even meet until middle of July to set the Framework. The states get the "official" notice soon after and their respective groups draw from that and set the dates for all the migratory hunts except early(sept goose and dove) seasons. The states can't even set dates or limits until the Flyway committee sets the framework.
So, for anybody in other flyways that actually knows, isn't this the same process for other flyways?

it's the same every where. it shouldn't be that hard to understand but it goes right over a lot of folks heads
Bufflehead

Postby duckkillerclyde » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:30 am

I've been in Central Oregon and at the time I thought I had to have federal duck stamp for dove in OR. I couldn't find a duck stamp in all of central Oregon.
Last edited by duckkillerclyde on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
duckkillerclyde

Postby jehler » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:03 pm

I hope ours comes out soon, I'm hoping the next week or so
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:05 pm

jehler wrote:I hope ours comes out soon, I'm hoping the next week or so

I heard it was on Tuesday at 1:43 PM.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Olly wrote:

depends on how busy I am Monday, I haven't made my recommendations to the Feds yet...
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 pm

jehler wrote:
Olly wrote:

depends on how busy I am Monday, I haven't made my recommendations to the Feds yet...

They sent me the same questionnaire 8 times. I'm kind of a big deal.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:
Olly wrote:[quote="jehler"]I hope ours comes out soon, I'm hoping the next week or so

They sent me the same questionnaire 8 times. I'm kind of a big deal.[/quote]
so is jr
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Return to The Blind